1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What are you paying for 2020 Tacomas?

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by Jet Jock, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Jun 29, 2020 at 9:21 AM
    dhectorg

dhectorg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Vehicle:
    2020 Toyota Tacoma TRD OffRoad
    My state does the same with trade in offsetting taxes and it is a good incentive to trade. However, dealers always low ball trade ins.

2. Jun 29, 2020 at 9:26 AM
    dhectorg

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Vehicle:
    I don't think I'd buy another Tacoma right now. I'd likely wait until the next gen Frontier and Tocaoma are released in 2021 and 2022 before buying another truck. In the mean time, I'll probably just get something simple and cheap just as a stand-in.

01Snake[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Jun 29, 2020 at 9:27 AM
    deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

Member:
    MN
    Vehicle:
    2020 Cement OR DCSB V6 6MT 4x4 Prem+AdvTech+LED
    So, let me say I love the base truck (Cement Sport DCSB 6MT) and wouldn't be trading it in if it weren't for a couple things.

The main issue is that as part of the purchase I had some third party add-ons/mods included in the purchase price and so they were to be done by the dealer's vendors. Those ended up not going well, had to be redone multiple times, and I was not satisfied with them. At this point, I just want to start over with a clean truck, factory fresh and nothing touched, and do the mods myself or at least have control over who does them so I know they are done right (or at least only have myself to blame).

On top of that, of course they came out with all the cool new updates in the 2020s - power seats, CP and AA, 360* camera, etc - and so it pushed me over the top to just get a new truck.

I do like my Sport, but I decided the softer suspension would be nicer for the family, so I'm going to go for an Off-Road this time as well. Still sticking with Cement DCSB 6MT. I can always get another skewp later if I miss it too much!

Yep that is a good incentive and was a big factor in trading in for me.

01Snake[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Jun 29, 2020 at 10:15 AM
    vmart

vmart Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    victor
    Southern California - Riverside Area
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Premium Package Offroad 4x4 Short Bed Advanced Technology Package
    OV Tune - Valley Runner Installed Authorized Installer For Valley Tuning PM me for details Black Out Trim Package Toyota Bed Mat TRD Skid Plate TRD Cold Air Intake TRD Shifter TRD Pro Tail Lights ADS Suspension Front Coilovers with Reservoirs ADS Suspension Rear with Reservoirs Dirt King Upper Control Arms Cali Raised Off Road Rock Sliders Gibson Exhaust Air Bags with Daystar Cradles U402 Stage 1 Deaver Leaf Spring Kit Snugtop Rebel Shell Snugtop Wireless Pro Lock Power Lock Tailgate Rago Fabrication Bed Stiffeners Spiker Engineering Hood Struts Tinted Windows Rain Guards DMM - Dash Multi Mount Sequencial Turn Signals Raptor Lights in stock 2020 grill Baja Designs Squadron Fog Lights FN Wheels - Konig Countersteer Type X Dark Metallic Blue 17" x 8" Great Design, Quality and Price Point. Thanks Dustin - Great guy to buy your next set of wheels from - www.fnwheels.com Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/70/R17 - Americas Tire Cab Mount Chop - Beast Fab in San Bernardino Thanks Geraldo - You did a fantastic job https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGbT97SHBtg/ Parts yet to be installed: Body Armor Hiline Front Bumper Light Bar for above Rugged Ridge Trekker 12LB Winch for above Screen Protech Kit Future: Regear Rack Rear Bumper ??
    @Naszero . Any info on Incentives for month of July ?

Hookes law likes this.
  5. Jun 29, 2020 at 11:50 AM
    deusxanime

Member:
    MN
    Vehicle:
    Would like to know as well. Looks like my new truck should come in July, so hope they extended the $1500 another month.

6. Jun 29, 2020 at 12:27 PM
    mysubiewasalemon

mysubiewasalemon Well-Known Member

Member:
    DA2AA7C0-FEDF-43B7-861A-81641CAA7C1F.jpg
    mag blue

D. Lengua and aggr0crag like this.
  7. Jun 29, 2020 at 12:42 PM
    Chastaco

Chastaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 ORDCSB Cement 4x4 Auto
    Assuming you know about this right?
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/poll-ovtune-reviews-3rd-gen.535928/

8. Jun 29, 2020 at 12:44 PM
    Chastaco

Chastaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 ORDCSB Cement 4x4 Auto
    @dhectorg @deusxanime
    All joking aside, could you guys possibly think about trading vehicles? What are the mods? Long shot, I know but...

9. Jun 29, 2020 at 3:31 PM
    Kairide

Kairide Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 White SR5
    Agree, 9,300 miles in a 4 month old truck would be the elephant in the room when trying to negotiate a price. Acceptable mileage is 15,000 per year, at your rate, your almost double that. The mileage eats in to a buyer's 3 year/36,000 and 5 year/60,000 mile warranty. To be honest, if I'm buying from someone who has only owned a vehicle for such a short period, I know they need to unload it and would try to get it for as low as possible. Once a vehicle is registered, it's used and would warrant a used car price, no matter how long it's been "used" for. The excessive mileage would just add to my case in negotiating a lower price.
    If I were selling, I would be just looking to minimize the bleeding and get as much as possible, I definitely wouldn't be looking to make any money off of it. Depending on how much you still owe, you may or may not get enough to pay off the lien from the sale.

10. Jun 29, 2020 at 4:54 PM
    aggr0crag

aggr0crag Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    19 DCSB 4x4 Sport M/T
    Curious what sort of 3rd party mods?

11. Jun 29, 2020 at 5:34 PM
    dhectorg

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Vehicle:
    No it isn't. Price is based on market forces and how patient you are in waiting for the right buyer. That is all.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  12. Jun 29, 2020 at 6:09 PM
    01Snake

01Snake Fast Car Junkie

Member:
    SATX
    Vehicle:
    2020 White TRD Sport DCSB 4X4
    This. The truck, just like anything else, is worth whatever someone else is willing to pay for it.

yearlaw and dhectorg[QUOTED] like this.
  13. Jun 29, 2020 at 9:10 PM
    deusxanime

Member:
    MN
    Vehicle:
    AT is a non-starter, though I'd love to get a long bed if they made them with the MT.

Mostly simple mods, add-ons, and stuff, no suspension lifts or anything crazy luckily since those would have probably been messed up as well...

On delivery I asked to not put their dealer badge on it, license plate holder ring was fine, I could take that off when I was sick of it. The sales guy was a Tacoma guy and said no problem, but apparently they forgot. Not only did they put it on, it was horribly crooked. Could even have pride in their own dealer badge. Also, they had put something on the back seat and left it for a while that put a dimple in the leather. Not a huge deal, but sad to get a brand new truck and already have leather misshapen.

Got it undercoated (yay Midwest road salt!), but apparently that was only the body of the vehicle, not the frame. Seems odd considering the Tacoma's frame rust issues (that was the whole point!). I complained and they had me bring it back and they did the frame, but they oversprayed all over the place, so it was all over the sides of the truck, mud flaps, exhaust tip (black TRD tip), etc. They sent someone over to clean it up eventually. I want to Fluid Film it myself this time or maybe Krown.

Got PPF put on the front, hood, etc. After putting on the film, they mis-assembled the hood so that the scoop was bowed out all weird. They had to send someone out to fix that. The PPF had bubbles in it that never went away in a couple sections, so they had to send someone out to redo that section also. The PPF has more some bubbles in it that have formed since. If I was keeping it I'd probably warranty it, but too late now. Not sure if I'll do that again, but if I do I'll likely go with a bigger brand like XPel.

They hooked up a power tailgate lock. At the time there was no OEM kit, so I think it was the Pop 'n' Lock. Also I believe that means they had to cut/splice the factory wiring since I don't think they had plug and play harnesses at the time either. It never even occurred to me to specify which door it should unlock with, I assumed like every other vehicle they'd hook it up to unlock with the second click. They didn't. They hooked it up to unlock with the driver's side. So I had them switch it to the passenger side instead, but that means they had to do even more cutting of factory wiring I'm sure, but at least it makes sense now. I HATE cutting factory wiring. I have a KTJO kit I bought that I was going to use on the new one, but now that there is an OEM kit, I'll probably get that for it instead. Either way, I'll do it myself with plug and play harnesses.

I had them put in a Tekonsha P3 brake controller, since I planned to haul a camper with it. I gave them the mount to put it in the cubby and made sure they were going to use the factory harness under the driver's side footwell. It was put in and it powered on, so I assumed they did as asked and didn't want to tear apart the footwell to verify. Well, when I picked up my new camper with it a few months later, the P3 wouldn't recognize it and started COOKING. Luckily the RV place guy knows the P3 well since it is the same one they sell. He looked at it and 1) rather than using the harness, they cut it out and just spliced directly into the wiring and 2) they hooked it up wrong which is why it didn't work right and got so damn hot. Luckily the RV tech was awesome and re-spliced it for me for free bc I just bought the camper and he felt bad. Again I HATE cutting into factory wiring. I will either use the P3 again with the gd harness or I'm thinking of going with a Redarc instead as it is much more compact and nicer looking.

Again, since I pull a camper, I thought it would be nice to have airbags so I had them put them in. I'm pretty positive I specified Firestone, but they put in Airlifts. They sucked and completely failed in less than a year. I had them warranty the bags and got new ones, but I just had them rip it out. They said they gave me all the parts, but looks like I'm missing a couple brackets so can't even really resell it as a kit for someone else. The camper seems to do fine with the WDH, so I'm not worried. I will probably put Sumo Springs in though on the new one instead, since I want to run a topper instead of tonneau as well (more space needed). I like the idea of maintenance free on the bumpstops and not having to worry about airing up/down on it.

For most of these things, they would have a tech come out and pick it up from my house, do the work, and then bring it back. I noticed they scratched the piss out of the steering column cover around the ignition keyhole. Also put some scratches in my TRD Pro shifter. The runners were old guys (possibly because they were they only ones who knew to drive stick), and maybe a bit shaky, or just really careless. After complaining about that, they at least put a new steering column cover and shift knob on for me. After that I just drove it to the places myself to get the various crap above fixed and wasted even more of my time.

So those are the more major things and then there were minor things here and there. This time I am getting it from the factory and not letting anyone touch it except myself or a company I specifically select and have vetted. Just want a fresh, untouched truck to start over with at this point...

GD you got me going on a rant! :D :annoyed:

aggr0crag[QUOTED] likes this.
  14. Jun 30, 2020 at 4:50 PM
    Pinballwizard_king

Pinballwizard_king Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 blue Tacoma TRD off road
    Your talking about not coming down in sticker price. I live in El Paso and they really like there trucks and are fond of there sticker price and dont work with you much on that and that is why I have just bought my 4th Tacoma 4x4 outside of El Paso. I found a dealer around Dallas area online and there were things I wanted on it and some things didnt matter. My original sticker was just over $41k and was equipped with the Technology package 4x4 long 6' bed and came with bed lights, tow package, voo doo blue, double cab, black out package and sure I'm forgetting some things. I made a deal online and settled at a final price of 30k and I flew down there and drove back to El Paso. I'm happy with my deal and truck as well. I bought it just b4 covid-19 hit in march so they had alot of stock at that time.

15. Jun 30, 2020 at 4:53 PM
    mysubiewasalemon

Member:
    So if I read that right you got a msrp of 41 for 30k ?

16. Jun 30, 2020 at 4:57 PM
    Pinballwizard_king

Pinballwizard_king Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 blue Tacoma TRD off road
    Yes. Got it in grapevine Texas. Now there Tacoma 4x4 with the premium package with all the bells and whistles was 46k but that particular truck was cheaper elsewhere but those dealers were not knocking off 5k sticker price. I mainly wanted the technology package with blind spot monitoring.

17. Jun 30, 2020 at 5:33 PM
    mysubiewasalemon

Member:
    I’d like to see paperwork for this showing over 25% off

18. Jun 30, 2020 at 5:44 PM
    dhectorg

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Vehicle:
  19. Jun 30, 2020 at 6:24 PM
    HadassahGuberman

HadassahGuberman Active Member

Member:
    PNW
    Hi, guys. I’m a first time poster. I just tried to get a white OR and the dealers aren’t budging in the PNW. They are trying to sell them at MSRP.... which I’m definitely not paying. It’s a crazy time right now.

20. Jun 30, 2020 at 6:29 PM
    mysubiewasalemon

Member:
    Have you tried kendell?

Tacomaroma likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top