1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What are you paying for 2020 Tacomas?

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by Jet Jock, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Aug 6, 2020 at 6:55 AM
    Kronan49

Kronan49 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronan
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma Trd Pro 6M
    Any one know if pricing is out for the 2021 models yet? specifically the trd pros

2. Aug 6, 2020 at 7:24 AM
    vmart

vmart Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    victor
    Southern California - Riverside Area
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Premium Package Offroad 4x4 Short Bed Advanced Technology Package
    OV Tune - Valley Runner Installed Authorized Installer For Valley Tuning PM me for details Black Out Trim Package Toyota Bed Mat TRD Skid Plate TRD Cold Air Intake TRD Shifter TRD Pro Tail Lights ADS Suspension Front Coilovers with Reservoirs ADS Suspension Rear with Reservoirs Dirt King Upper Control Arms Cali Raised Off Road Rock Sliders Gibson Exhaust Air Bags with Daystar Cradles U402 Stage 1 Deaver Leaf Spring Kit Snugtop Rebel Shell Snugtop Wireless Pro Lock Power Lock Tailgate Rago Fabrication Bed Stiffeners Spiker Engineering Hood Struts Tinted Windows Rain Guards DMM - Dash Multi Mount Sequencial Turn Signals Raptor Lights in stock 2020 grill Baja Designs Squadron Fog Lights FN Wheels - Konig Countersteer Type X Dark Metallic Blue 17" x 8" Great Design, Quality and Price Point. Thanks Dustin - Great guy to buy your next set of wheels from - www.fnwheels.com Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/70/R17 - Americas Tire Cab Mount Chop - Beast Fab in San Bernardino Thanks Geraldo - You did a fantastic job https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGbT97SHBtg/ Parts yet to be installed: Body Armor Hiline Front Bumper Light Bar for above Rugged Ridge Trekker 12LB Winch for above Screen Protech Kit Future: Regear Rack Rear Bumper ??
    What a deal and Nice Shell ! I'll take a look at that model. Thanks

3. Aug 6, 2020 at 7:28 AM
    vmart

vmart Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    victor
    Southern California - Riverside Area
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Premium Package Offroad 4x4 Short Bed Advanced Technology Package
    OV Tune - Valley Runner Installed Authorized Installer For Valley Tuning PM me for details Black Out Trim Package Toyota Bed Mat TRD Skid Plate TRD Cold Air Intake TRD Shifter TRD Pro Tail Lights ADS Suspension Front Coilovers with Reservoirs ADS Suspension Rear with Reservoirs Dirt King Upper Control Arms Cali Raised Off Road Rock Sliders Gibson Exhaust Air Bags with Daystar Cradles U402 Stage 1 Deaver Leaf Spring Kit Snugtop Rebel Shell Snugtop Wireless Pro Lock Power Lock Tailgate Rago Fabrication Bed Stiffeners Spiker Engineering Hood Struts Tinted Windows Rain Guards DMM - Dash Multi Mount Sequencial Turn Signals Raptor Lights in stock 2020 grill Baja Designs Squadron Fog Lights FN Wheels - Konig Countersteer Type X Dark Metallic Blue 17" x 8" Great Design, Quality and Price Point. Thanks Dustin - Great guy to buy your next set of wheels from - www.fnwheels.com Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/70/R17 - Americas Tire Cab Mount Chop - Beast Fab in San Bernardino Thanks Geraldo - You did a fantastic job https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGbT97SHBtg/ Parts yet to be installed: Body Armor Hiline Front Bumper Light Bar for above Rugged Ridge Trekker 12LB Winch for above Screen Protech Kit Future: Regear Rack Rear Bumper ??
    I will.

4. Aug 6, 2020 at 8:57 AM
    DatCementBoi

DatCementBoi Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle:
    2020 Cementé DCSB 4X4
    When did you get this? I find it very hard to believe that you got that model for 36k OTD unless your master supreme negotiator

Bleep100 likes this.
  5. Aug 6, 2020 at 8:59 AM
    DatCementBoi

DatCementBoi Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle:
    2020 Cementé DCSB 4X4
    I think this is pretty good, especially since you're able to get LG without going all the way up to premium. What was your strategy in finding this model out of state? Because I don't think I could ever find this configuration in California. I may start looking out of state

Hookes law[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Aug 6, 2020 at 9:01 AM
    deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

Member:
    MN
    Vehicle:
    2020 Cement OR DCSB V6 6MT 4x4 Prem+AdvTech+LED
    You would just basically be waiting for a number. There are no changes between MY2020 and 2021, unless you are getting that new Trail Edition or the new Pro color. If you want to wait due to the packages, color, or for lower prices that is one thing, but I wouldn't be too concerned about the number in the year otherwise.

7. Aug 6, 2020 at 9:02 AM
    Hookes law

Hookes law Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank the tank
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    I just started with the dealers that @TacoBuffet mentioned in a previous post and started calling them.

I told them I was from California and they seemed eager to earn my business, maybe since I'm from out of state they figured I must be a serious buyer.

They checked their allocated incoming inventory and we're able to find something coming in.

I honestly wanted other options but this is what they offered me.

TacoBuffet likes this.
  8. Aug 6, 2020 at 10:52 AM
    TacoBuffet

TacoBuffet Well-Known Member

Member:
    AL
    Vehicle:
    Taco #13, 2022 OR DCSB Cemint
    5100s, TE37s, Wildpeaks, Tint, Bedmat, LEDs
    Glad they could help you out!

averagejp and Hookes law[QUOTED] like this.
  9. Aug 6, 2020 at 11:09 AM
    JROD_TRD

JROD_TRD New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    None as of yet, Looking to put OEM flaps and Smittybilt A1M2 running boards, may have to upgrade rear speakers after purchase found that when faded to rear the speakers are basically non-existing, went to dealer check 3 different trucks SAME opened a case with Toyota Corporate I suggest you do the same may get a recall if enough people complain because the rear speakers are a joke and they advertise no matter what model 6 speaker audio system or more (8)..
    From my experience I would shop around online to any dealer who is promoting They won't be beat on Price, you need written quotes that you can go to your local dealer and use as leverage. If your seriously going to buy reach out to this guy Daniel Violette New Car Manager 813-349-4621 dviolette@courtesycars.com They are in Tampa, FL. but he will provide a written quote and stock sheet (will have last 6 #'s if VIN) he came in 1st quote $3200 less than everybody else, then you have the leverage you need to get a local dealer to budge, especially if they state they will beat any price.

10. Aug 6, 2020 at 11:21 AM
    averagejp

averagejp Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 Black Tacoma Extended Cab
    Work in progress
    Two interesting data points that will help with the context of what is going on in terms of inventory -- as well as pricing:

First, Toyota is increasing overtime and running hard to address the lack of vehicle inventory:
    https://www.expressnews.com/busines...s-working-overtime-to-meet-truck-15456033.php

Note: The pandemic has actually increased demand for Tacomas, not reduced it.

Second, the Tacoma remains the fastest selling truck in the industry. See attached.

Third comment: FEAR THE RIDGELINE. :)

Screen-Shot-2020-08-05-at-7.39.40-AM.jpg

Bleep100 and Hookes law like this.
  11. Aug 6, 2020 at 11:30 AM
    mean_green

mean_green Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport DCSB w/tech/prem package
    i came from a honda pilot with 200k miles (while owning honda's all my adult life) and looked at the ridgeline, but don't see that many on the road. honda's have served me well through the years, but the tacoma beats the ridgeline in a lot of ways!

averagejp likes this.
  12. Aug 6, 2020 at 11:38 AM
    averagejp

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Work in progress
    I hear you. Honda is a great company and makes great cars. The Tacoma is superior is many ways but I find it funny how much hate people have for the Ridgeline. Drive it. Don't drive it. Who cares, really, right? But look at how well it does -- moves quickly off the lots and is highly sought after used. I looked at it as well. For what it does -- and with Honda engineering and reliability -- it is a great truck for a very specific purposes. Would I go off road with it in the back woods of Northern Quebec? No. But that is not what it was designed for.

13. Aug 6, 2020 at 11:41 AM
    mean_green

mean_green Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    right, it's' sort of like the el camino - part car/part truck... and you're right about reliability and honda takes care of it's customers... i had an accord that went 300K while everything on it was breaking down - except the engine, it never left me on the road.

averagejp[QUOTED] likes this.
  14. Aug 6, 2020 at 11:50 AM
    averagejp

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Work in progress
    Agree 100%. Sometimes I think Honda is underrated. I have a friend that I have been trying to steer toward the new off road Passport. Nice looking little car and a solid answer to something like the Subaru Outback. Oddly, don't have the same feeling about Acura -- both in terms of customer service or reliability. Looked at the new RDX too long ago (shopping against my BMW) and gave up because the whole experience with Acura wasn't that good.

But those engines. I ended up buying a Honda lawnmower and that thing just kills ...

15. Aug 6, 2020 at 11:54 AM
    Chastaco

Chastaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 ORDCSB Cement 4x4 Auto
    Yup. That’s true in Southeast Toyota Region. Really annoying. And for once it’s not even the dealers’ fault. For some reason it’s the way Southeast Toyota Cartel orders them. You might be able to get one with just the tech package but I couldn’t even find that and I looked really hard

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    jcampbell474 and Newwt[QUOTED] like this.
  16. Aug 6, 2020 at 12:06 PM
    Chastaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Is that how it is in Gulf states region as well? They are the only two independent regions.

17. Aug 6, 2020 at 12:09 PM
    Chastaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Why do you say that Honda takes care of its customers? I only ask because we just bought an accord for my wife and I did kind of get that feeling as compared to having to only Toyotas for so long.

18. Aug 6, 2020 at 12:12 PM
    Chastaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    What is Cartelligent?

19. Aug 6, 2020 at 12:20 PM
    mean_green

mean_green Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    i had an issue where a part had been recalled (and i missed the recall, but it came up later when i called honda corp about it) as it disabled my car, but honda still fixed the part n/c and paid for the wrecker service bill

averagejp likes this.
  20. Aug 6, 2020 at 12:26 PM
    deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

Member:
    MN
    Vehicle:
    2020 Cement OR DCSB V6 6MT 4x4 Prem+AdvTech+LED
    I know Honda used to be up there with Toyota as far as quality and reliability, but I've heard they've fallen quite a bit and are targeting different demographics now. Quality is way down and they are pumping out cheap and less reliable cars with high interest rate loans and trying to get people in that way. At least I'm seeing their name being slung around in the mud more on car forums and subreddits lately it seems. Sounds like Hyundai actually might be moving up more to take its place.

averagejp likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top