1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What battery isolator works for 2011 tacoma

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by sirnick365, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Feb 27, 2011 at 7:50 PM
    sirnick365

sirnick365 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    nick
    lees summit mo
    Vehicle:
    2011 trd sport 4x4 doublecab
    Hi all. I have a 2011 tacoma with 3200 miles on it and is 3 months old. It has sat in my garage apart for at least a month and I need to get it back together asap for work. I have converted most of my interior cab into a mobile office and need battery power to a 1000 watt pure sinewave power inverter (computer, laser printer, flashlight chargers, etc). To power this "mobile office" i have had a custom battery tray welded and made to fit, to house two same month yellow top optimas. Before starting this project, I did what i thought was my appropriate homework on this forum and others about dual battery setups. I purchased a "sure power isolator" model 9532A-D and recently after prepping the rest of my truck, finally took everything (truck included...DUH) to a local mobile audio store. I originally even interviewed several of these shops to find the best to fit the needs of my tacoma. Not only was I doing the whole dual battery thing..... but also installed a Kenwood Nav double din 9660 model and all the bells and whistles it comes with. The shop i chose to go with had the main audio guy whom owned a 2010 tacoma and he said "no problem... we can do it, i have done it on mine as well". I thought "great, just the answer i was looking for". After installing the remote start, kenwood and full time energized cigarette lighters, he tells me the isolator i have will not work. WTF? I have searched hi and low on this forum for the original post and pic of a battery isolator (that i bought) that was said to work for tacoma. But no avail. I had not actually opened the isolator package, but once i got the truck back i did see on the instructions that the Altenator wiring harness is apparently not compatible with this isolator. Am i missing something, is there an isolator that will work or is for some reason the 2011's not compatible with any isolators. Thanks for reading... i am so put out and just want to get my work truck back on the road with everything working.

isolator pics 001.jpg
    isolator pics 002.jpg
    isolator pics 003.jpg
    isolator pics 004.jpg
    isolator pics 005.jpg

2. Aug 29, 2011 at 10:41 PM
    brianr

brianr go shit in your hat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...