1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

what "complaints" should i mention for TSB

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by emacpgh, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 13, 2010 at 10:31 AM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    no...see...heres the deal

if you got fucked, scammed, raped, screwed or any other term indicating you paid more than you feel you should have...too fucking bad...thats your own fault for not price shopping in this country where we have the ability to do it

you do not HAVE to buy parts at the dealer in your town

you dont even have to have the dealer do all the warranty work

if you got fucked its your own fucking fault

now then...as for the TSB for springs

its NOT FOR EVERY TRUCK, SO NOT EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEM

if they were to be on every fucking truck then Toyota wouldve issued a recall instead of a TSB

they are for people who actually have USED their truck (novel concept i know) to haul or tow stuff around and the springs arent as strong as they need to be for the load capacity of the truck.

If you dont haul shit around and you dont know what the problem is to tell the dealership (that everyone loves to hate) then you dont need it...and you shouldnt go scam the dealer out of parts that Toyota is paying for because the next guy that comes in may in fact actually legitimately NEED the parts...and youre making it harder for him to get his work done...therefore you arent screwing the dealer like you thought...but your fellow tacoma owner

next time you want to scam someone

go elsewhere or at least learn how to search to get your questions answered before you look like an asshole

2. Jan 13, 2010 at 10:35 AM
    Chester

Chester Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab TRD-OR M-V6 4x4
    Rear Spring TSB,Locker Mod,In bed cargo lights,Fully de-badged,TRD Seat Covers,Trailer Harness Relocation,Painted wheels,Extra tie-downs,5100's,Biceman lighting,09 stereo with sirius & isimple ipod interface,Rear diff breather mod,K&N Air Filter
    Well.....I'm a Tiger Fan.lol!Well put!

3. Jan 13, 2010 at 10:43 AM
    tegdog

tegdog Taco Lover

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl TRD Sport
    ventvisors,seatcovers, bug shield,TRD CAI,TRD CAT BACK,blacked out emblems,bed extender, TSB leaf pack,Pro Dry filter, Grill craft upper, lower, & triangles, Hella 500 Black magics
    I think the people looking like assholes are the ones dogging this guy for wanting his truck to perform as specified. If you buy a truck that states it can tow 10,000lbs it should be able to tow 10,000lbs. I got the TSB done and I tow and haul near capacity so I guess I deserve it by "your standards". The guy who uses it as a grocery getter deserves it too, thats what the owners manual said it would tow/haul when he bought it & maybe some day he will need it or the guy he sells it to may need it. Bottom line Toyota sold something that did not perform to the specs they said it would so you tell me who is in the wrong.

4. Jan 13, 2010 at 10:46 AM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    id say his truck is performing as specified as he hasnt experienced any problems

5. Jan 13, 2010 at 10:51 AM
    DdayIsNear

DdayIsNear Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy
    NW Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    All pro sliders

he hasn't experienced any problems yet....the point is, why does he need to carry a large load, experience the problem, then have to go get it fixed...if i bought tires that are rated to 160 mph, then i find out then can only go 80, i want them upgraded, i may never go 160mph, but if i choose to, then i dont want a failure on the part then go get it fixed.

6. Jan 13, 2010 at 10:54 AM
    DdayIsNear

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy
    NW Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    All pro sliders

another thing about this post, toyota knows this to be a problem, and if all owners of the specified taco's complain about the problem, they will have to pay for all the parts to be replaced, ...you are insinuating here that there are x amount of parts to be replaced, and there will eventually be a guy who wants it and toyota says, sorry buddy, we have replaced so many of these and there are none left for you. ...

7. Jan 13, 2010 at 11:02 AM
    raskal311

raskal311 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S. Cal
    5100 set to max, pending LSD and TRD CAI
    If I feel I need the upgrade then I should get the upgrade. If toyota feels its not needed then they should tell everyone who feels they need it to get a Tundra.

Keep working the system!

8. Jan 13, 2010 at 11:02 AM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    thats not what im insinuating at all

what i was insinuating is that people who dont need the shit continue to abuse the system, toyota is gonna make it tough to get your shit fixed when you have a problem that MAY be covered under a TSB later

9. Jan 13, 2010 at 11:06 AM
    tegdog

tegdog Taco Lover

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl TRD Sport
    ventvisors,seatcovers, bug shield,TRD CAI,TRD CAT BACK,blacked out emblems,bed extender, TSB leaf pack,Pro Dry filter, Grill craft upper, lower, & triangles, Hella 500 Black magics
    You are missing the point tigerfan, these trucks cant do what they are rated for as is in stock form. Wether he needs it or not this guy got shorted, do you get kick backs from toyota for saving them money on repairs? Why do you care?:confused:

10. Jan 13, 2010 at 11:08 AM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    im not missing the point

youre missing my point

again

IF EVERY TRUCK NEEDED THESE THERE WOULD BE A FUCKING RECALL NOT A TSB

11. Jan 13, 2010 at 11:08 AM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    Nope

12. Jan 13, 2010 at 11:09 AM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    HOLY FUCKSTICK GUYS!

look

SEE

not all the trucks need it!

13. Jan 13, 2010 at 11:11 AM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    Shame on the op for taking advantage of the poor dealer...you know they wouldn't take advantage of you! :rolleyes: Just because the op said he hasn't experienced any problems doesn't mean he shouldn't take advantage of free upgrades. He might not have a problem yet, but maybe he's just trying to get his truck capable of carrying a load in the future. Maybe...just maybe, he has read the hundreds of posts here documenting the harsh ride when loaded down. Toyota knows there's a problem, otherwise they wouldn't have a tsb out for it. We all paid good money for these trucks, and they should be able to handle the load that they are advertised to handle.

14. Jan 13, 2010 at 11:11 AM
    DdayIsNear

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy
    NW Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    All pro sliders
    if your mom had a dialysis machine that maybe had a bad part, would you want to wait to see if she dies, or get the replacement and know it will perform as specified....you think toyota throws away all the used parts anyway,,,nope, they sell them to kia to make their vehicles...

15. Jan 13, 2010 at 11:14 AM
    DdayIsNear

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy
    NW Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    All pro sliders
    another thing. i hope we realize the reason its a tsb and not a recall is because its not alife or death safety issue. and its cheaper to fix only those who complain rather than everyone who has. Now if the suspension harsh ride turned into something breaking and possibly causing a safety issue, you can believe a recall would be issued yesterday as to not be sued....

16. Jan 13, 2010 at 11:16 AM
    tegdog

tegdog Taco Lover

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl TRD Sport
    Thank you, I am glad some people on here get it. The future is kinda unpredicatable so why not take a free fix for a known problem while it is available.

17. Jan 13, 2010 at 11:19 AM
    tegdog

tegdog Taco Lover

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl TRD Sport
    You are correct, TSB is way cheaper than recall.

18. Jan 13, 2010 at 11:21 AM
    6L PSD

6L PSD Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Pole, AK
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x4 DCSB OR TXP
    Fogs anytime, locker anytime, Moose lights (Lightforce), Randy Ellis Design light bar
    Well I've hauled a box full of firewood in the back and didn't notice anything "harsh", but then I've had the front tires scrub while idling through some bumpy spots unladen...this with the stock 245s. And the updated TSB no longer changes front end components on the 09s...so much for going up a tire size!

19. Jan 13, 2010 at 11:24 AM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    :rolleyes:

youve obviously never heard the term "theres no such thing as a free lunch"

everything costs someone SOMETHING

it may be free to you now...but id bet you bitched and moaned about the cost of the truck when you bought it...

these TSBs that people dont need and get "fixed" anyways cost toyota money...toyota is a business that wants to make money...when they have to pay to fix something on your truck that they didnt necessarily HAVE to fix...they will find ways to make up the profit somewhere else

its no different than our insurance costs being driven thru the roof by uninsured drivers

the insurance companies of legitimate people have to pay out when an uninsured driver is involved in a collision with insured folks...that drives the cost of insurance up for those of us who do pay insurance

20. Jan 13, 2010 at 11:28 AM
    DdayIsNear

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy
    NW Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    All pro sliders
    i do agree with that somewhat tigerfan, but they will find another way to screw us one way or another....i have worked for a billion dollar fortune 300 company, and they , like all companies, have the same policy, make as much money now, 1 billion is good profit, but 2 mbillion is better, and 4 billion even better, we are nothing they care about, msrp on my truck i think was 32-34k dbl cab trd sport sb. it costs a fraction of that to produce,

but either way, we are doing an economy boost by havin gtsb's done..the stealership still gets paid by toyota to do the work, so we are stimulating the economy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top