1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

what dealer-installed accessories to get?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by needataco, May 6, 2008.

1. May 14, 2008 at 2:05 PM
    needataco

needataco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Just wanted to say thanks again guys, this was very helpful.

Only reason I'm not getting the tow package is because my Tacoma is going to be a 4cyl/manual model, so I won't be pulling more than 3500# with it anyways. I'm not sure if they'd install the tow package even if I asked.

I pick up my fully-equipped Tacoma this Saturday!

2. May 17, 2008 at 4:21 PM
    adamceckhardt

adamceckhardt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Not to be a drag here, but I seriously doubt that they are giving you items at their cost.

Most dealers operate as several different businesses under one roof. Sales, Service, Parts, etc. If you add accessories, sales buys them from parts and service installs them. You may be able to work them for a discount, but sales is probably paying for it; you're not getting the parts department to sell something out of their inventory without making a penny on it.

I worked a a dealer and have lots of friends in the business, and this is how it has worked. A lot of the salesman I've been around will use the line "I'll give you the add ons for my cost." Read that line carefully- he's going to give you the add ons for the same price he paid for them- which is what the parts department charges the sales department.

There are exceptions to everything, but I've heard the same thing a million times- and its only to encourage the customer to buy more extras.

Adam

3. May 17, 2008 at 5:06 PM
    Asgard

Asgard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner DC SR5 w/LSD

Those prices are way too expensive, even if that includes labour costs. They are very easy to install, you can install them yourself. Here is a link for Toyota Genuine Accessories : http://www.tacomapartsstore.com/

Products Discussed in

To Top