1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What did you pay for your transmission flush at the dealer?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Bretsuaz48, May 24, 2010.

1. May 24, 2010 at 4:03 PM
    Bretsuaz48

Bretsuaz48 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bret
    Surprise, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2016 Sport
    Bought a different truck this week. It is an 06 doublecab TRD off road 4x4. It has 102k miles on it. I wanted to get the tranny serviced before I picked up the truck, so I asked the dealer how much they wanted to flush the tranny since I was buying the truck there. The Service Advisor said he wouldn't mess with it until 130k, which I knew was not a good sign. Then, they said that they would give me a break, though, if I still wanted to do it. They wanted $320.00. I about choked since the dealer that I have gone to for years said they would do it for me for $180.00.

This will be one of the few services that I have done at the dealer. Since it is sealed, I would rather them do it. Plus, they have the machine to flush it, not just drain it. Everything else I will have my independent mechanic do.

My question is what did people who have had this done at a Toyota dealership pay? Why such the big difference in prices?

I searched and couldn't find what I was looking for. If there is a thread somewhere on this I apologize.

Bret

2. May 24, 2010 at 4:10 PM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Just east of crazy

Member:
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Toyo A30 tires, Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover.
  3. May 24, 2010 at 4:14 PM
    Bretsuaz48

Bretsuaz48 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bret
    Surprise, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2016 Sport
    Yeah, I saw that. I don't really like working on my truck. Just not something I enjoy doing. I asked a friend, who used to be a Service Advisor for Toyota and now manages a Firestone, said they would not touch it.

I think I will stick with the dealer on this item.

4. May 24, 2010 at 4:20 PM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Just east of crazy

Member:
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Toyo A30 tires, Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover.
    Ask your friend what he would charge then take that price to the dealer and see if they will match it. They may not, but it can't hurt to try.

5. May 24, 2010 at 6:28 PM
    Peru

Peru Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Redmond WA
    Vehicle:
    SR5 -- V6 -- 2005 -- 4X4
    none
    a friend got his done for about $250 -- however I bet they just drained it and refilled with out the flush. I am very cynical when it comes to dealers

6. May 24, 2010 at 7:36 PM
    DocBrown86

DocBrown86 Yota Doc

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    San Diego (Spring Valley)
    Vehicle:
    04 Prerunner
    toytec coil spacers, tokicko struts/dubcab springs, energy suspension rack bushings, bilstien hd shocks, K&N FIPK2, Flowmaster 50DF, ScanGuage2, 5000k HID's, horn mod, other stuff that I forgot to list
    The dealer I work at charges ~$150.

Ive seen alot of customers who get their work done at jiffy lube/valvoline just end up back at the dealer because the shop used the wrong ATF

7. May 24, 2010 at 7:50 PM
    Nirvana

Nirvana I don't need you to tell me how good my coffee is

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Bay Area, U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    2006 Off Road 4X4
    Icon ext. travel 2.5RR in front, Icon ext. travel 2.0RR in rear, BuiltRight uniball UCAs, Wheelers Superbumps, Goodridge steel braided brake lines, BruteForce front plate bumper w/ Warn M9000+synth line, 285/70R16 KM2s on painted stockers...because I'm not paying $800 to rock rash new wheels you scrubs. Shok Industries 2/0 big 4 upgrade and sound deadener.
    I believe it was around $200, the fluid being the most expensive part of the whole deal but I figured I could at least trust that they were going to put the right stuff back in. Wasn't having any problems just wanted to start out fresh after I bought it with 70,000.

To Top