1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

what do people think about the truxx lift?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by johnw, Aug 10, 2009.

1. johnw

johnw [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    orlando florida
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner v-6 4.0L 4 door
    well you asked for specs..... 06 trd sport speedway blue V-6 4.0 camburg lift spindles extended travel icons total chaos lowers allpro 4" leaf pack 17" xd hoss rims 305/65/17 mickey thompson baja atz Allpro hybrid bumper with 3 kragen HID lights color matched headlights grill craft grill AFE stage 3 CAI wicked flow muffler under cover bed cap inside i have..... wet okole real tree camo seat cover blue oznium dome light stealth sub box with 2 10" kicker comp subs kicker 400 watt amp weathertech floor mats
  2. Colton

Colton Reagan/Bush '84

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    VA/SC
    Vehicle:
    08 4X4 TRD Sport super white
    Bilstein 5100 F&R, OME 885 w/ top plate spacers, 1.5" AAL, 285/70/17 Hankook Dynapro MT, 17x9 Level 8 MK6, 20% tint, AEM Brute force intake, Alpine CDE-W235BT, 2 12" Shok subs, Armortech sliders, EBC Stage IV brake it, stainless steel brake lines
    I'm getting a dead link...

3. johnw

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    orlando florida
    Vehicle:
    well you asked for specs..... 06 trd sport speedway blue V-6 4.0 camburg lift spindles extended travel icons total chaos lowers allpro 4" leaf pack 17" xd hoss rims 305/65/17 mickey thompson baja atz Allpro hybrid bumper with 3 kragen HID lights color matched headlights grill craft grill AFE stage 3 CAI wicked flow muffler under cover bed cap inside i have..... wet okole real tree camo seat cover blue oznium dome light stealth sub box with 2 10" kicker comp subs kicker 400 watt amp weathertech floor mats
  4. Colton

Colton Reagan/Bush '84

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    VA/SC
    Vehicle:
    08 4X4 TRD Sport super white
    Bilstein 5100 F&R, OME 885 w/ top plate spacers, 1.5" AAL, 285/70/17 Hankook Dynapro MT, 17x9 Level 8 MK6, 20% tint, AEM Brute force intake, Alpine CDE-W235BT, 2 12" Shok subs, Armortech sliders, EBC Stage IV brake it, stainless steel brake lines
    Yeah, that one works. :)

I'm not too familiar with this lift, but for less than that, you can get Billy's all around. ;)

5. SoCal1

SoCal1 Member

Member:
    Its a good lift it comes with alignment specs to.

6. johnw

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    orlando florida
    Vehicle:
    yah but im not sure about the billy how much for 4 of them? parent wont let me do 6 inch lift they say it costs to much lol

7. johnw

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    orlando florida
    Vehicle:
    bump

8. mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously though myself Thor

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevos Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    Scaffolding and a painted grill
    Keep an eye on the buy/sell/trade areas. You'll find you can get a complete set of Billstein 5100s for $100 used.

9. johnw

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    orlando florida
    Vehicle:
    but how does that get you a lift

10. mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    The front Billsteins are adjustable. You can buy a cheap add-a-leaf for the rear if you want lift there too, but you'll want the longer shocks to handle the increased height anyway.

Are you lifting for performance or looks?

11. johnw

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    orlando florida
    Vehicle:
    yah but if i get that lift i wont need the shocks in front

12. mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    That's why I asked what your purpose is in lifting. Spacers make the ride more harsh.

If you're doing this for looks, have at it. If you're looking for performance and a better ride, avoid spacer lifts.

13. johnw

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    orlando florida
    Vehicle:
    but these spacers dont compress the shock if you look at the second link it goes above the shock

14. JDMcQ

JDMcQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    The Mushroom Capital of the World
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V8
  15. mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    All spacers are designed like that. You're pushing the suspension down, thus increasing load on the coils and limiting the amount of down-travel you have. Instead of the suspension dropping into potholes, your suspension will top out and that corner of your truck will drop. There's only so much travel in the stock components before things start binding.

16. amaes

amaes Cuz Stock Sucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    ICON Stage 6, RCI Skids, Blacked out
    It still makes it rough. I have a lift just like that one and it rides very very harsh. Also it puts alot of stress on the bottom of the shock and if you try to off road too hard the shock will snap in half at the bottom. If you are going for looks and only on the highway and road then you'll be fine. but if you want to off road you have to be careful.

17. johnw

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    orlando florida
    Vehicle:
    all i do is highway and street running but i go mudding i dont do that rock crawling bull shit. no offense to anybody

18. mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Then you do more then highway and street running.

You asked and we've given you our opinions and justifications. At this point the decision is up to you.

19. amaes

amaes Cuz Stock Sucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    ICON Stage 6, RCI Skids, Blacked out
    Well if you go mudding be careful because thats how 06Bluez snaped his shock in half with the same type of lift. He was going through a puddle/mud and hit a bump on the way out and it snaped in half. and the driverside tire eat the wheel well and he had to call a tow truck and had to get it towed to the dealership.

20. johnw

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    orlando florida
    Vehicle:
    but i just dont get how it puts more stress on it? all its doing is putting a 3 inch space so it lifts the truck why would it have a chance to break ?

To Top