1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What do u think my taco is worth?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RDAY, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Jan 27, 2011 at 6:53 PM
    005Tacoma

005Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Thomasville, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2005 Toyota Tacoma
    I AM on topic! He asked how much his truck is worth and I said not a penny over $20k
    Just being real. You can never get out what you put in. Vehicles are money pits.
    You cant buy a truck for $23k and put $10k in mods on it and expect to get $33k for it. Don't work like.

2. Jan 27, 2011 at 7:11 PM
    Indian Shifter

Indian Shifter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ashil
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2011 White DC TRD Sport 4x4 Manual
    Exactly...a public forum...for the people ...by the people.....freedom:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DI like this;):D:p

3. Jan 27, 2011 at 7:19 PM
    Kingfrog

Kingfrog Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail Edition
    Undercover,Pop n Lock, Hardwired GPS, Garage door opener , Scanguage II, wireless back up camera, X994 Basslink, ...Prefer stock and non invasive functional mods
    Because some people who have 4WD vehicles drive like its July in a snowstorm. See it all the time. A kid killed himself in Las vegas Running 60 in a rain shower hit a puddle of water on one side an flipped his truck. Yeah it was in 4WD mode.......Really thought physics wouldn't count because he had a 4WD.

4WD is great but a locker will get people out of a lot of issues as well. Some guys even go off road with lockers and do fine. I wouldn't now but back in the day I did all kinds of crazy shyte in my 4WD Taco and it was my daily driver. I now wonder WTF would I would have done if i broke a Tie rod 40 miles off road on the side of a mountain with my daily driver.....The guys I went with had "hobby trucks" and smaller rovers and jeeps.

4. Jan 27, 2011 at 7:43 PM
    andy2003

andy2003 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    WV
    Vehicle:
    16 4Runner SR5
    best way to get a fair price is check nadaguides.com and like someone stated before add on's dont do shit for trade in and its hard to sell it even to a taco lover that can go buy a new one for not much more than what your sweet truck is worth. Crap happens and thats what carfaxs are for. If you read what a carfax says is excellent trade in a truck w/some work that has been repaired doesnt take it out of that category. But no dealer gives excellent price always beats you down to good trade in.

5. Jan 27, 2011 at 10:09 PM
    650H1

650H1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2020 (Cement) TRD O/R
    dude, cars are FRONT wheel drive, and way better in the snow than a 2WD RWD pick up that is powered by fucking wheel until it spins and gets the other on to kick on. i live in NH, we get pounded by snow, i HATE being in 2WD and trying to pull out onto a road bc all i do is spin and listen to the obnoxious VSC beep and flash at me. it sucks, and noone wants a 2wd pick up truck unless they want to lower it and put big wheels on it which defeats the purpose. you buy a truck BC you want to use a PICKUP TRUCK, if you want to drive your truck like a car its ok to have a 2WD, but i wanted a TRUCK. when your family goes off the road and gets stuck are you gonna be able to help them get out? NOPE. you gotta call a tow truck. a real man with a 4x4 could help his family/friend.

6. Jan 27, 2011 at 10:30 PM
    dave831

dave831 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Seaside CA
    Vehicle:
    10 reg cab 4x4
    3" spacer lift in the front aal in rear, PRS dash gauge mod, cool air intake, headache rack, tool box, center console, black badges and relocated, Avid Off Road armor,BHLM, Collar matched Satoshi grill, rear diff breather mod, stop the seat belt beeping mod
    i got u reppp added!:D

7. Jan 28, 2011 at 5:27 AM
    dYL0n

dYL0n أنا لست الإسلامي

Member:
    First Name:
    Dyl0n
    New Orleans, LA
    Vehicle:
    17TRDORDCSBQSJBLKBRO2SPECU1.04
    1.04. Kbro2s. ICONS.
    that grill looks funny btw..

8. Jan 28, 2011 at 5:55 AM
    mbmchugh5

mbmchugh5 My wife is scheduleing an intervention as we speak

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD Double cab 4x4
    Rough Country 6" Db lift with toytec coilovers and all pro Expo leafs,color matched grille, t-rex eyelids on spyder dual projector halos, black tailights, 4xInnovations sliders,pro comp rear plate bumper, ATO front plate bumper, grillecraft grille mesh w/Hella black magics behind it, colormatched emblems, sockmonkey trd O/R bedside decals and 3rdBrake cover, Aeroturbine 2525 muffler

I was gonna mention that both triangles are way off And i'd just like to add on the upgraded to O/R package if you aint got a locker son you got taken to the cleaners-I'll probably get neg. rep for this even if you look up the price KBB or Nada or Edmunds the dealer wont give you that cause only someone who wants a truck that looks like yours will buy it that might be 1 in 1000 also when they carfax it they'll know about the accidents- I've lived in vermont all my life and never hit a deer that i didn't mean to (hope there's no game wardens on here)

9. Jan 28, 2011 at 6:26 AM
    buddywh1

buddywh1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Philly PA
    Vehicle:
    07 DC SR5 4x4
    Whatever the AVERAGE of www.kbb.com and www.edmunds.com says it's worth considering miles and condition minus about $2000 for taking all the ghetto mods off.

10. Jan 28, 2011 at 4:04 PM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    lets see if we can get 3 neg reps in 3 days :thumbsup: without lube or protection ;)

11. Jan 29, 2011 at 5:33 AM
    mbmchugh5

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    Rough Country 6" Db lift with toytec coilovers and all pro Expo leafs,color matched grille, t-rex eyelids on spyder dual projector halos, black tailights, 4xInnovations sliders,pro comp rear plate bumper, ATO front plate bumper, grillecraft grille mesh w/Hella black magics behind it, colormatched emblems, sockmonkey trd O/R bedside decals and 3rdBrake cover, Aeroturbine 2525 muffler

DAMN the dealer told me I had the only one ! I'm thinkin i got robbed LOL

12. Jan 29, 2011 at 6:06 AM
    kinetik873

kinetik873 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Springfield, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD
    OME 3" lift, ARB bumper,DTRL, CB radio in console, 5lb fire extinguisher in bed. SockMonkey decals, Allpro rear bumper, UWS 42" bed box, Wet Okoles all around, snorkel, Pioneer Av3200, ..yadda yadda yadda
    so much win, Im not going to beat a dead horse, but Damn dude, GLWS.

13. Feb 1, 2011 at 11:01 AM
    Goez2FST

Goez2FST Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Mobile, AL
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma DC TRD sport
    3" Toytec Ultimate Lift 285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers 18x9 XD Addicts N-Fab Step bars Window Tint all the way around TRD seat covers Rolling Big Power Grille (Black with chrome studs) Image Dynamics XS65 Component speakers Image Dynamics CTX65 Coaxial Speakers Alpine CDA-105 Head Unit Alpine PDX 4.100 amplifier OEM Roof Racks H.I.D. Headlights & Fogs 8K Window Visors Image Dynamics 10IDQv3 Subwoofer JL XD 600/1 Mr. Marv Custom Subwoofer Box w/ Amp rack
    hahah x2 I have a 2wd and Ive never been stuck.. I know what im getting into before i do it. Where Im at I dont get snow.. but if i did Id just get chains and call it a day. If a truck isnt a truck without 4wd, why are 70% of tacomas 2wd? Doesnt make sense if they dont work!

The triangles are off? hahahah yeah considering theyre directly on top of the regular triangles the grille has. I dont know why people are commenting about my grille on his thread.. dont hate cuz you dont have one. :cool:

14. Feb 2, 2011 at 5:13 AM
    mbmchugh5

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    Sorry Dude I was talking about the op's Billet grille

Products Discussed in

To Top