1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What do you think about a prerunner in the sand???

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by DLR07, May 13, 2010.

1. May 14, 2010 at 6:36 AM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    If you stop moving forward, then the only other movement will be down... STOP and remove MORE AIR from your tires. Have a good gauge that reads below 10 psi to know what you are lowering it to. 10 psi for a 2WD is probably the starting point... I have gone as low as 8 psi to get unstuck (in a 4WD)... Have a tire pump and replace the air as soon as you are off the beach.

2. May 14, 2010 at 8:02 AM
    bailerc

bailerc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Fayetteville, NC
    Vehicle:
    16' MGM Limited
    Bring a shovel, as reccommended before something to drive on, personally i prefer the 6 oak boards i have in my truck, those + high lift , there really isn't any situation i can't get myself out of, i used to enjoy going out on the beach, it's alot of fun when you see the big f-350's on 37's that get themselves buried to the frames.

3. May 22, 2010 at 12:15 PM
    bambooshoots

bambooshoots Be a fountain, not a drain.

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 Honda Accord Sport
    I did it again. Got tired of paying truck payments and gas and traded in for a 2015 Honda Accord Sport since I enjoyed my 2013 Sport so much.
    I didn't have any problems when I went to Bolivar Peninsula earlier this week. The sand right next to the shore was no problem. The drier, looser stuff further up the beach would/could have given me some problems if I had stopped.

Didn't air down this time around but I did have a shovel and air compressor at the ready.

So, really, it depends. I'm wanting to go back and try airing down and seeing how much the Prerunner can handle.

4. May 22, 2010 at 10:45 PM
    dezert taco

dezert taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    central valley
    Vehicle:
    J arm longtravel full fiberglass
    it has a J-arm longtravel front end fiberglass fenders hood and bedsides engine cage been rolled need to replace roof
    just get paddles. you can find 29" to 33" paddles all day long online for cheap. i used paddles with my old S10 prerunner and i never had any problems. if i can find the pic i towed my buddies broke sandrail out of pismo dunes with it lol.

Products Discussed in

To Top