1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What do you think about the Honda Element?

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by raycie, May 20, 2010.

1. May 20, 2010 at 10:04 AM
    wiscdave

wiscdave Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    Past ride - 3" OME 885s&Shocks/ TSB 1.5AAL/ AX184 Rims 285 Firestone destination ATs/ 2 Shallow mount P310s in Supercrew Box - Punch 601s, Beefed up Hunter Brush guard, Tint, Fog light mod, AFE Drop in, AC and Fog light mods, scangauge
    I'm suprised that the gas mileage isn't better...if that's what your looking for go for the XB

2. May 20, 2010 at 12:31 PM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    my sister has one. absolutely gutless. if you want to merge, change lanes, pass a slower car..you really have to plan in advance. you are not pulling any move off without building up a head of steam (momentum)...her's is AWD, and her MPG is not that great.

3. May 20, 2010 at 12:42 PM
    10silvertaco

10silvertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Vehicle:
    no longer own Tacoma, now own 2011 Outback
    I drive it couple of time during long trip with my friend. He own 2006 Element AWD 4 cyl. Gas mileages was not that bad. Plenty of room and kind of fun. Now he like Tacoma, thinking about purchase it this year.

4. May 20, 2010 at 5:27 PM
    Wolfman

Wolfman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Paradise, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5
    I like them. The mileage is my primary hold back, as the cube, Soul, and xB all get MUCH better mileage in a similar package. Since you are looking at used, if the price is right, and the condition good, I'd say snag it.

5. May 20, 2010 at 7:47 PM
    raycie

raycie [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oahu, HI
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB / 2016 4R Trail
    In need of $$$
    Thanks for all the input.. I did think the Element got better gas milage than that..

Found (possibly a good deal) '07 yaris on craigslist. Am going to see it later today.. 36,000 $8,000. Under KBB..

I would only be using it to get to work (7 mi), and let the Tacoma sit at home in case the wife needs it in an emergency..

Already agreed though that the 1 yr.old would most likely never ride in it.. If we were ever going out with him, we would take the Tacoma..

6. May 20, 2010 at 7:51 PM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB
    A friend of mine drives the Yaris, and I must say, it does what its supposed it. I was fairly impressed with what you get for the money, not to mention the gas mileage. Now the looks, well, thats another story.

7. May 20, 2010 at 8:04 PM
    SOSHeloPilot

SOSHeloPilot My 1st Muscle Car

Member:
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2023 RAV4 XLE Premium
    Missing My Last Tacoma --- Had 11 Toyota trucks in the past and many other Toyota cars too.

A good friend has a new 2010 Honda Element and loves that thing. My wife has a 2010 Honda Fit and that thing is made like a Swiss Watch in quality and is super fun to drive too. Our second Fit too, her other (traded in) 2009 Fit was just as good too. The Fit is sort of peppy and "Made In Japan" too, where Q/C comes first. That engine is designed to catch air to keep cool and that intake is cool to the touch, even in summer heat.

FWIW ... Our Honda Fit always gets 30.1 MPG with combined (mostly city) city & highway driving. And the Fit has some decent looks too.

Only drawback with a Fit ... don't hit any big potholes with the small sidewalls on the tires.

8. May 20, 2010 at 8:32 PM
    gobias

gobias as in Gobias some coffee

Member:
    Vehicle:
    02 Dbl TRD
    I actually like the Element. Have a few friends who swear by theirs. Decent mileage, roomy, a wee bit underpowered, pretty durable, ugly as sin but a great value. Honda isn't going to be making them for much longer because they just weren't selling. I've test driven a Fit and it's a pretty rad car. If I lived in a city and commuted a lot it'd probably be my first pick. The manual tranny on it is a hell of a lot of fun too.

9. May 26, 2010 at 6:13 PM
    Turdburglar

Turdburglar Well-Known Member

Member:
    Enola, PA
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCSB SR5
    Trifecta, AVS Bugflector, TRD skid plate, 45% tint front windows, Gerber carseat lol
    I considered an Element before I bought my Taco 2 months ago. The utility of it amazed me, everything was so well thought out. Considering the amount it can haul, and can traverse slightly offroad (AWD) and the rear legroom, I'd say the fuel mileage is more than ample. The one I drove seemed to have poor quality interior plastics, but with a watertight floor and stainproof seats why would you want primo plastics? I wouldn't mind owning one.

10. Jun 3, 2010 at 10:57 PM
    ywen

ywen Well-Known Member

Member:
    Element has all the interior features that the Taco should have. It's a great vehicle for its intended purpose and also as a normal commuter.

Box it is, but a box is also the most efficient design to maximize interior space.

Products Discussed in

To Top