1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What do you think??????

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by THROUGHITALLDUDE, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Jul 6, 2010 at 7:26 PM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

THROUGHITALLDUDE [OP] Someone didnt put the tailgate down!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    285-75-17 Definity ATs - 16'' Chrome Moto Metal 951s - 4'' Maxtrac spindles - Rear Icon Progressive Leaf Pack - Magnaflow exhaust - Aftermarket LED Taillights - BHLM - Custom Wet Okle Seat Covers - Moog Tire Rods - US Spec Ipod - K&N High Flow Filter - Daytime Running Lights - TRD Skid Plate - Grillcraft - Hellas Mounted behind the grill
    :confused::D Ok so I have some Toytec coilovers with Eibach springs on my truck right now I am thinking of going a different route. I just got a new job which requires me to drive a lot and I do not go wheeling at all. They are awesome coilovers but I think they are more geared toward someone who spends alot of time offroad. With that being said, I am contemplating switching over to 5100's or even a spacer lift. I wanna keep my lift but have a softer feel on the road. As of right now these toytecs are pretty stiff on road. I actually was thinking about offering in the B/S/T thread if someone is willing to trade me a set of 5100 and they pay the cost of the swap its theirs or even for a spacer set up as well. I have one problem as of now I would like to think I have about a 2.5''-3'' but before I lifted it I did not measure it before and after so I have no clue how tall I am sitting I would like to think that a 3'' lift will definitely look taller than what I have now but I do not know what a 2.5'' would look like in comparison to what I have now.

My question to you guys is what do you think is this switch from toytecs to something else, something that I would want? or is there something else I should consider? ALSO how tall do you think my truck is sitting as of now?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jul 6, 2010 at 7:35 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    What about the ome lift? That gives a nice ride.

3. Jul 6, 2010 at 7:42 PM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    285-75-17 Definity ATs - 16'' Chrome Moto Metal 951s - 4'' Maxtrac spindles - Rear Icon Progressive Leaf Pack - Magnaflow exhaust - Aftermarket LED Taillights - BHLM - Custom Wet Okle Seat Covers - Moog Tire Rods - US Spec Ipod - K&N High Flow Filter - Daytime Running Lights - TRD Skid Plate - Grillcraft - Hellas Mounted behind the grill
    i was actually just looking at that......is that a complete strut switch with spacers on top for the lift?

4. Jul 6, 2010 at 7:46 PM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    No it's a coil lift. Comes with new shocks. You can add the 1/2" spacers that give 3/4" lift as well. I ran that for a while and it was super comfy.

5. Jul 6, 2010 at 7:47 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Bed Extender, OME lift with Dakars and 285 BFG KO2, Spidertrax spacers, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    I think the only thing that will be less then the Toytec coilovers and also ride good on-road will be the OME setup. Its a full strut swap, and the coils give you lift. No spacer.

6. Jul 6, 2010 at 7:49 PM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    so for a 3'' lift or 2.75'' I would just need the coils and the struts on toytec?

7. Jul 6, 2010 at 8:03 PM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Yea. But I would add the spacers too. Cuz sometimes people don't get the full 3".

8. Jul 6, 2010 at 8:04 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Bed Extender, OME lift with Dakars and 285 BFG KO2, Spidertrax spacers, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    ^^Yep.

9. Jul 6, 2010 at 8:55 PM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    I have a spacer lift I would sell you for $75 + shipping but its on the stiff side. More of a cheap way to lift if not into performance off road. I would say when it comes down to lifts its more about compressing the coils less for a softer ride. That should be across the board for any lift/shock setup?

10. Jul 6, 2010 at 9:38 PM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    i actually am really considering the OME cause I have been looking around and everyone says good things about em. Def seems like the nicest ride with a lift thanks for the input guys

11. Jul 7, 2010 at 8:15 AM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    if your looking for a "softer" ride then a spacer lift is def NOT the route to go.

OME will prob be your best bet

To Top