1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What Have You Done To Your 3rd Gen Today?

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by hamiltonuh60, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Nov 17, 2023 at 3:18 AM
    Charlie Too

Charlie Too Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western PA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Army Green Tacoma TRD Off Road
    I prefer to bundle my home and auto. I made a call to one of those places that compares rates of different insurers. When I told them that the shingles on my roof were 23 years old they stated none of their companies will insure one with shingles more than 20 years old.

rgljr831 likes this.
  2. Nov 17, 2023 at 3:19 AM
    tollster64

tollster64 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsyltucky
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD DCSB
    Bing AI

3. Nov 17, 2023 at 3:21 AM
    Charlie Too

Charlie Too Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western PA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Army Green Tacoma TRD Off Road
    I'm always up for talking about jagoffs. :D When I was a kid my father called just about everybody on the road a jagoff. :rofl:

BUZZCUT, OBXPaul, RIX TUX and 3 others like this.
  4. Nov 17, 2023 at 4:08 AM
    thomasburk

thomasburk Keep on Truckin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2020 OR DCLB
    I can understand the roof and the water fixtures because if water leaks all over the house or if the roof is damaged and needs replaced under insurance that could cause them some money in a claim.

Yes but they are stretching it my insurance company wanted me to replace Rusty looking supply line controls on the toilet and some sinks and on my washer, I thought that was very suspect. And that's what they told me rust. And then I told them you know these are brass fixtures brass does not rust. They didn't care so I buffed it out and send a picture of the shiny fixture.

5. Nov 17, 2023 at 4:52 AM
    BoomerGVNG

BoomerGVNG GET OFF MY LAWN

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD SPORT DCSB
    No, I have the 100w/400w 120v bed outlet factory option. When in Drive it's limited to 100w. This string is 50 LEDs and consumed 4.9w total.

OBXPaul, 3GTCMLMTD and rgljr831 like this.
  6. Nov 17, 2023 at 6:03 AM
    McHale

McHale Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR MGM Access Cab
    I do too but I called to get the auto quote first. AFTER I determined it was cheaper/better I introduced the home insurance for the best rates. I always knew I could leave the home insurance where it was if theirs was still lower.

7. Nov 17, 2023 at 6:32 AM
    axnjackson

axnjackson Well-Known Member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2020 SR5 Access Cab
    I assume they pay for a month's worth of the flimsiest policy from ACME Insurance and Lawn Supply, register their car and cancel ASAP. The cops don't know they cancelled until pulled over for a moving violation or having already T-boned me at the intersection I suppose. All I really know is the fact the uninsured/underinsured component of my policy is a big chunk of money going out the door. I believe it's also the component that paid for the phantom hit-n-run some jagoff performed on my truck a few years back in the Home Depot parking lot. I don't think having UM insurance is mandatory but I'd be a fool not buying it.

8. Nov 17, 2023 at 7:05 AM
    BC Hunter

BC Hunter Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kootenays, British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    2022 Black AC OR MT w/all TRD goodies
    TRD: Lift, Exhaust, Air Intake, Skid Plate & "Beadlock" wheels. Batman sticker. 255/85R16 Toyo MTs. Debadged. H9s.
    Since we're talking insurance, you guys would love our government-run system in British Columbia. 2022 Tacoma OR with comprehensive and collision as well as $3M public liability and 100% replacement value for the first three years. Daily commute is >15 km (10 miles).
    History: One windshield replaced in back in 2022 when I traded in my old Tacoma, no recent tickets, and I have more than 25 years driving experience in BC so i get the maximum discount.

Just a smidgen under $2200 a year.
    Granted, that's in Canadian $, but still.

9. Nov 17, 2023 at 8:02 AM
    MrMobile

MrMobile Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    22 TRD OR DCSB Lunar Rock
    RCI sliders & engine skid, BAKFlip MX4, PPF, and many other smaller things
    At registration they just look at the paper proof of insurance. I suppose someone could just create one on a word processor. Or more likely they cancel afterwards.
    People who don't have insurance make a mental calculation. How often do I get stopped or have an accident? Here in CO the fine is $500 the first time, versus $2k/year for insurance. I can drive for years w/out a stop. Do I think it's smart? Absolutely not, but you can imagine it from someone who considers themselves a better driver than everyone else.

OBXPaul[QUOTED] and TRDRed like this.
  10. Nov 17, 2023 at 8:05 AM
    MrMobile

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    I work for a nationwide homebuilder. We have our own insurance brokerage to be sure we can help buyers get insured in areas like NC and Florida. There are a lot of insurance carriers you may not have heard of that will still write policies in areas considered riskier. No hurricanes in CO, but we've got hail and wildfire.

OBXPaul[QUOTED], TRDRed and McHale like this.
  11. Nov 17, 2023 at 8:11 AM
    gr8-wrx

gr8-wrx Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Bay, SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tacoma SR5 DCSB 2WD
    I totally agree. If it were me, I'd just get the Amazon overlays.

I got the Amazon overlays for the Tacoma and they are pretty nice. Our Corolla came with the OEM Toyota overlays (3J) and at $139 were definitely a ripoff, but were already on the car (factory sticker).

OBXPaul, scouterjan and 3GTCMLMTD like this.
  12. Nov 17, 2023 at 8:30 AM
    jbciv

jbciv Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    i also got a set of the overlays from Amazon, and they're nice . . . still holding on, so that's a plus. got the tailgate letters there too.

13. Nov 17, 2023 at 9:47 AM
    Spadi_5

Spadi_5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB TRD OR
    I have State Farm and for years they keep trying to get me to put the tracker in to save on my insurance for good driving behavior. I asked my agent why haven’t my ex wife’s premiums gone sky high because of the way she drives and the many speeding tickets she gets? Then she says they really don’t look at driving behavior after telling me I’ll save because of my driving behavior. She also said a nation wide increase was going to happen and if I install it I could save over $100. I told her I’ll pay the increase and I still have t seen it go up and that was about a year ago. https://youtu.be/b1tXS-NqT9I

OBXPaul[QUOTED] likes this.
  14. Nov 17, 2023 at 9:57 AM
    MrMobile

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    It seems all the major companies are going down the tracker app route (some startup insurers like Root come out with it; maybe they were siphoning off too many customers).

They tell me they look at hard braking, sharp cornering, rapid acceleration, etc. [side note: so does the Toyota app if you want to see how it thinks you are driving]. I can see that those can correlate (not determine, just correlate) with unsafe driving. So I wonder what an off-road excursion looks like to the app! Plus I live on a mountain and we have a lot of curves (the Toyota app rates me excellent even though it sometimes criticizes me for going around hairpin corners).

At some point I may have to succumb. You get the higher rate unless you prove you are safer. Like grocery stores now; prices are up but you save tons by playing the savings game (my wife aims for at least 25% per visit). So I think rates have gone up due to disasters/claims/cost to repair. I also think that the "rack rate" is higher because they want the better drivers to get the discount but to do that you have to let them track you.

TRDRed likes this.
  15. Nov 17, 2023 at 10:15 AM
    McHale

McHale Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR MGM Access Cab
    My State Farm agent said the savings wasn't enough for him to install it and he doesn't run it. I quit running the Allstate app because it killed my battery and it tracked all my movements. Screw that.

OBXPaul, Spadi_5[QUOTED] and drizzoh like this.
  16. Nov 17, 2023 at 10:36 AM
    TRDRed

TRDRed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific Northwest Playground
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD OR DC SB OTT Tune
    If any of those things fail they can cause minor to serious damage which would be covered by your homeowner's policy. Not saying that insurance for profit is a good thing, but I can see why they would reduce your premiums if you had updated those items.

Oh, just noticed that @thomasburk said basically the same thing. I need to read ALL of the posts before making a new one. :anonymous::rofl:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2023
    OBXPaul[QUOTED] and thomasburk like this.
  17. Nov 17, 2023 at 10:44 AM
    JagoTaco

JagoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 OR AC Cavalry Blue
    Dobinsons MRR kit installed n aligned. #302 coils n #110 leafs (lightest choices), no control arms. Alignment numbers good. Before/after measurements show 2” lift at each corner, with 1/2” rake maintained. No lean!

To say the ride has been transformed would be an understatement. So much more stable and composed vs the stock Off Road suspension. Was ready to pull the trigger on another big name but was recommended this for the adjustable rebound, high and low compression, and Dobs deploys OEM style rubber bushings for a smootherish ride. $3k in parts (15% off for Nov), $1k labor/alignment.

upload_2023-11-17_10-38-9.png

upload_2023-11-17_10-38-43.png
    upload_2023-11-17_10-39-40.jpg
    upload_2023-11-17_10-41-20.jpg
    upload_2023-11-17_10-43-38.jpg

18. Nov 17, 2023 at 2:17 PM
    NmBeefTaco

NmBeefTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD Off Road Access Cab
    Toytec Boss lift, AAL, Ride rite air bags, Daystar cradles, Total Chaos UCA, Icon 17 inch Rebounds, 285/70R17 BFG KO2s, Ruff country 30” LED light bar kit, ruff country tri fold bed cover. Interior LED lighting and lic./reverse LED lights.
    B.A.M.F High clearance no swing out rear bumper installed today
    upload_2023-11-17_15-16-24.jpg

19. Nov 17, 2023 at 2:18 PM
    Late Camaro

Late Camaro Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Ohio
    Vehicle:
    22 TRD Sport Barcelona Red Access Cab MT
    Brought it home 3-16-22
    That looks great on the Off Road hood, I tried one on a Sport hood - started at the grill, looked great halfway through the scoop, until I had more material than I could shrink or use. A local shop quoted $300, plus I buy the vinyl, and no guarantee - $70 lesson learned….

20. Nov 17, 2023 at 2:34 PM
    rossagge

rossagge Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD OR 4x4 Ice Cap
    Very nice! Whole truck sits nice as well:thumbsup:

Products Discussed in

To Top