1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What Have You Done To Your 3rd Gen Today?

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by hamiltonuh60, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Apr 2, 2024 at 8:17 PM
    The Mink

The Mink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Happyrock, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2017 OR AC
    Thanks to @TXsandyTaco for the link to the heritage shift knob. Very well made and adds a pop of color to the blacked out interior.IMG_1120.jpg

TT005, Shayne, TXsandyTaco and 13 others like this.
  2. Apr 2, 2024 at 8:27 PM
    MagicToolbox

MagicToolbox Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022DCSB MT TRD OffRoad in Lunar Rock
    Purchased Toyota Certified, with Vijay bumpers, additional lights, and Falken Wildpeaks on Fuel rims. Prev owner apparently painted the grill.
    DUDE - I am ecstatic to discover that I can purchase this cubby. I think I want to add a second on the drivers side. I have discovered that there is room between the metal fender and the inner fiberglass for either a 10L Scepter jerry can or a 10lb LP tank on the drivers side. I'm not sure exactly how its going to work yet, but having the cubby available may be key to making what I have in mind work. THANKS!

kylecrish and rgljr831 like this.
  3. Apr 2, 2024 at 8:44 PM
    rgljr831

rgljr831 The less you bet, the more you lose when you win

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Monterey/Pacific Grove
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Off Road 4x4 DCSB Not_Silver Bullet
    285/75/r16 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T’s, Extang 2.0 hard tonneau tri-fold. Billstein 5100’s front/rear with OME 886 coils and Headstrong off-road 3 leaf progressive AAL. All speakers replaced with Kicker CS Series. BulletPoint Taco Bar with stubby CB mic holder and two-way FRS/GMRS radio holder. Uniden PRO505XL 40 ch CB. RCI engine and transmission skid plates. RCI sliders. Garmin Mini Dash Cam 2. CMC by Milogen Fabrication.
    Very contradictory o_O

Looks good though.

The Mink[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Apr 2, 2024 at 8:46 PM
    The Mink

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Happyrock, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2017 OR AC
    That’s how I roll ;)

rgljr831 and musicisevil like this.
  5. Apr 2, 2024 at 8:50 PM
    MGMDesertTaco

MGMDesertTaco Come on, live a little...

Member:
    paintless dent repair? :itllbuffout:

ljflex, rgljr831 and burzpaw[QUOTED] like this.
  6. Apr 2, 2024 at 8:52 PM
    MrMobile

MrMobile Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    22 TRD OR DCSB Lunar Rock
    RCI sliders & engine skid, BAKFlip MX4, PPF, and many other smaller things
    Damn deer. One attacked my 4Runner; went straight into the headlight and then swung around crunching the driver's door and emptying its bowels all down the side. I was pissed when I picked it up from the body shop a month and many repairs later and one of the plastic side panels was sitting in the backseat still covered in deer shit.

soundman98[QUOTED] and rgljr831 like this.
  7. Apr 2, 2024 at 8:59 PM
    TheFactor

TheFactor Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tacoma TRD Off road
    That’s cool but if it ever starts to bother you there is always the Paintless dent removal option and I’m telling you every time I needed them it disappears it’s really amazing and very reasonable cost wise .

Last edited: Apr 2, 2024
  8. Apr 2, 2024 at 9:03 PM
    TheFactor

TheFactor Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tacoma TRD Off road
    Oh man looks nice I like it !!
    Does it just screw on ? Can you forward me a link ?

The Mink[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. Apr 2, 2024 at 9:27 PM
    The Mink

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Happyrock, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2017 OR AC
    Here you go! Got it off Etsy. https://www.etsy.com/listing/1230078673/old-style-toyota-automatic-shift-knob
    It does screw on but the shift boot doesn’t clip in like the stock one. It works/looks fine just not quite as tight. Comes with a black cover for the chrome piece on the boot.
    eBay also has some for sale (search heritage shift knob Tacoma) but can’t speak to the quality or how they attach.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    TheFactor[QUOTED] and rgljr831 like this.
  10. Apr 2, 2024 at 9:35 PM
    Oh_deer

Oh_deer Supreme Commander Sullivan County Deer Chasers

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Brooklyn & Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2018 OR DCLB Inferno
    Grats!
    It’s a beauty!

rgljr831 and DadBodMod17[QUOTED] like this.
  11. Apr 2, 2024 at 9:48 PM
    RichochetRabbit

RichochetRabbit Ping Ping Ping

Member:
    Tbe fact I am in this forum means I am VERY lost. :annoyed::help::tumbleweed:

12. Apr 2, 2024 at 10:13 PM
    burzpaw

burzpaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zuriel
    Vehicle:
    '22 Lunar Rock TRD Off Road 4x4
    Yea I’ve gotten that suggestion a lot, I’ll definitely look into it :)

For sure thanks!!

13. Apr 3, 2024 at 12:15 AM
    chuam

chuam Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcus
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma SR5 DCSB 4x4
    Icon Stage 3 - 2.5 & UCAs front, Icon 2.0 rear Icon RTX Stage 2 leafs Icon 700lb springs RSI Smartcap Evo Sport KDMax Pro tune BAMF Hybrid front bumper Warn VR EVO 10s winch ARB Rear Locker Revolution 5.29 regear RCI Engine Skid RCI Trans skid RCI Transfer case skid RCI Diff Skid RCI Cat guards RCI Rock sliders RCI roof rack R4T LCA Skids DRT Fabrication Hitch Skid Exhaust reroute ARB Dual Compressor w/ Slee Mount OR Black Fenders Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro fog lights Rigid D-SS Pro Ditch lights Rigid SR Amber PRO Edition 30” light bar Rigid SR-Q floods A/C drain mod Differential Breather Mod Supralee Traction Board mount Liftd Gas cap holder Taco Garage DMM 2.0 Total Chaos bed stiffeners TRD SEMA Pro 17" wheels Falken Wildpeaks 275/70r17 TRD Pro Grill Gecko shell lighting Ecological Bumper shells Fumoto valve Toyota aluminum oil filter cap DesertDoesit Seat Jackers Waterport Day Tank - Rago Fab bed mount Yakima Double Haul OVS 270 Awning Wet Okole seat covers Overland Equipped/Blueseas Bracket/fusebox Toyota OEM tailgate lock Rogue Offroad poly body mount bushings ZPrecision cup holders H9 headlight bulb upgrade Lambtek innovations winch switch
    Got my Blackstone report back. I do 7500 mile changes and finally got around to getting the analysis done. Good to go 10K! For reference I have 66K miles on the truck, use AMSOIL Signature Series 0W-20 100% Synthetic Motor Oil and their premium AMSOIL filter (EA15K02-EA). I know it's not a Friday so hope this doesn't start the typical "how long should I change my oil interval" debates....

upload_2024-4-3_0-16-47.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
    Shayne, jeejay, kas2828 and 5 others like this.
  14. Apr 3, 2024 at 12:22 AM
    StinkFu

StinkFu Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tacoma TRD Pro MT
    aFe Power Throttle Body Spacer AJT Design Tacoma 4x4 Knob AJT Design Tacoma Climate Rings AJT Design Tacoma Door Handle Covers All-Pro Off-Road HD Rock Sliders Aluminum Radio Knobs Android Auto Cable ARB Twin Air Compressor AWE 0FG Exhaust with BashGuard - No Tips Badland Off-Road Jack Baja Design Rock Lights / Scene Pods Black Door Handle Covers Bolton Velocity Off-Road Kit Cali Raised AC Drip Relocation Cali Raised Center Console Molle Panels Cascadia 4x4 45W Panels & Controller Ceramic Coating CourseMS Phone Mount Desert Does It Seat Blocks & Panel Diode Dynamics Ditch Lights Diode Dynamics Stealth Light Bar Kit Dual Circuit Breaker Battery Tie-Down Expedition Essentials Panel Bracket Factor 55 HitchLink Flag Stickers Glove Box Letter Inserts GloveBox Organizer Hella Supertone Horn Kit HPS Performance Red Silicone Air Intake Icon 1.5 Inch Lift Rear Expansion Pack Interior LED Light Kit Interstate AGM 24F Battery KC Hilites Under Hood Light Krazy Beaver Shovel and Cover License Plate Frames MAXTRAX Xtreme MAXTRAX Xtreme Mounting Pin Meso Customs Gasshole Meso Customs Vent Ring Kit Nilight 3PCS 60 Inch Bed Light Strip Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/70R17 Quick Charge 3.0 Dual Charger Socket Rhino Rack Stow It Utility Holder Rhino Sunseeker 2.0m Awning Rhino USA D Ring Shackles Rhino USA Trailer Hitch Lock RSI SmartCap Evo Sport RSI SmartCap Platform Rack SDHQ Battery Terminal Kit Seven Sparta Grill Led Lights Shift Knob Adapter Smartcap MOLLE Panel Steering Wheel Cover Steering Wheel Emblem SumoSprings Front SumoSprings Rear Supreme Suspensions Front Tow Hooks Switch-Pros 9100 Switch-Pros Power Tray Wiring Bundle Tacoma Door Clean Up Kit Tacoma Door Sills Tacoma Lifestyle Sequential Turn Signals Tacoma Tailgate Inserts Tail Gater Tire Table Total Chaos Bed Stiffeners Toyota Cargo Net Toyota TRD Pro Shift Knob TRD PRO 17 Matte Black Alloy Wheels TRD PRO CAI Box & Accelerator TruckVault - Utility Height Uptop Alpha Rack - 38" Extreme LEDs Uptop TracMOUNT Vinyl Letter Decals for Tailgate Handle Vinyl Letter Decals TRD Pro Bedside Vinyl Letter Decals TRD PRO Grille VLEDS Dual Output Front Footwell Kit VLEDS VTAILS Taillight Conversion Kit WeatherTech Bug Deflector WeatherTech Rain Guards Wescott Tacoma Fox TRD PRO Lift Kit
    Ha! I've been pricing OEM center console replacements all day!

rgljr831 likes this.
  15. Apr 3, 2024 at 12:25 AM
    StinkFu

StinkFu Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tacoma TRD Pro MT
    aFe Power Throttle Body Spacer AJT Design Tacoma 4x4 Knob AJT Design Tacoma Climate Rings AJT Design Tacoma Door Handle Covers All-Pro Off-Road HD Rock Sliders Aluminum Radio Knobs Android Auto Cable ARB Twin Air Compressor AWE 0FG Exhaust with BashGuard - No Tips Badland Off-Road Jack Baja Design Rock Lights / Scene Pods Black Door Handle Covers Bolton Velocity Off-Road Kit Cali Raised AC Drip Relocation Cali Raised Center Console Molle Panels Cascadia 4x4 45W Panels & Controller Ceramic Coating CourseMS Phone Mount Desert Does It Seat Blocks & Panel Diode Dynamics Ditch Lights Diode Dynamics Stealth Light Bar Kit Dual Circuit Breaker Battery Tie-Down Expedition Essentials Panel Bracket Factor 55 HitchLink Flag Stickers Glove Box Letter Inserts GloveBox Organizer Hella Supertone Horn Kit HPS Performance Red Silicone Air Intake Icon 1.5 Inch Lift Rear Expansion Pack Interior LED Light Kit Interstate AGM 24F Battery KC Hilites Under Hood Light Krazy Beaver Shovel and Cover License Plate Frames MAXTRAX Xtreme MAXTRAX Xtreme Mounting Pin Meso Customs Gasshole Meso Customs Vent Ring Kit Nilight 3PCS 60 Inch Bed Light Strip Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/70R17 Quick Charge 3.0 Dual Charger Socket Rhino Rack Stow It Utility Holder Rhino Sunseeker 2.0m Awning Rhino USA D Ring Shackles Rhino USA Trailer Hitch Lock RSI SmartCap Evo Sport RSI SmartCap Platform Rack SDHQ Battery Terminal Kit Seven Sparta Grill Led Lights Shift Knob Adapter Smartcap MOLLE Panel Steering Wheel Cover Steering Wheel Emblem SumoSprings Front SumoSprings Rear Supreme Suspensions Front Tow Hooks Switch-Pros 9100 Switch-Pros Power Tray Wiring Bundle Tacoma Door Clean Up Kit Tacoma Door Sills Tacoma Lifestyle Sequential Turn Signals Tacoma Tailgate Inserts Tail Gater Tire Table Total Chaos Bed Stiffeners Toyota Cargo Net Toyota TRD Pro Shift Knob TRD PRO 17 Matte Black Alloy Wheels TRD PRO CAI Box & Accelerator TruckVault - Utility Height Uptop Alpha Rack - 38" Extreme LEDs Uptop TracMOUNT Vinyl Letter Decals for Tailgate Handle Vinyl Letter Decals TRD Pro Bedside Vinyl Letter Decals TRD PRO Grille VLEDS Dual Output Front Footwell Kit VLEDS VTAILS Taillight Conversion Kit WeatherTech Bug Deflector WeatherTech Rain Guards Wescott Tacoma Fox TRD PRO Lift Kit
    Finished the bed lighting project and added a banana holder to my center console MOLLE.

PXL_20240403_031932802.jpg

PXL_20240403_023924774.jpg

16. Apr 3, 2024 at 1:19 AM
    patos tacoma

patos tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver Tacoma TRD Sport
    Did my LAST messy oil change……….
    Installed Fumoto valve (with drainage hose), for next time……….upgraded to aluminum Toyota OEM Oil cap…….
    Got Motiv tool, and Motive oil filter drain tool………

interesting, that Toyota eliminated plastic oil cap and paper filter on 2022/2024 Lexuses……….my wife drives 2023/NX 350, that will be getting a Fumoto valve

Shayne, spin180, scouterjan and 2 others like this.
  17. Apr 3, 2024 at 1:32 AM
    Spadi_5

Spadi_5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB TRD OR
  18. Apr 3, 2024 at 2:15 AM
    ClassyTacos

ClassyTacos National Treasure 3, Times a ticking Nickolas

Member:
    First Name:
    Papalote
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport 4x4
    Stockish
    Several of us were communicating about the longevity of the Sokie Tech Hood Struts recently. I had one go out last week. Passenger side lost its oil. Lasted over 3 1/2 years with me opening the hood regularly. If there was a standard average for how many times the hood is opened, believe I would be above average.

19. Apr 3, 2024 at 4:04 AM
    2018H

2018H Well-Known Member

Member:
    My 3rd gen sat on the driveway and have been sitting on the driveway since Friday last week.

spin180, CrashZone, TheFactor and 2 others like this.
  20. Apr 3, 2024 at 5:49 AM
    4runnerToTacoma

4runnerToTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    23 SR5 V6 Taco, 03 SR5 V6 4runner
    MicrosoftTeams-image (16).jpg

Installed roof rack and hood deflector. I am actually not sure how much weight I can put on roof, i will probably put low clearance bags, like travel bags with clothes inside etc, nothing too big or heavy. Last time they took up much space in bed, and had not much weight, just space eaten up.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
    andthen, spin180, robin303 and 6 others like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top