1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What Have You Done To Your 3rd Gen Today?

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by hamiltonuh60, Nov 4, 2015.

1. May 20, 2024 at 8:00 AM
    KB Voodoo

KB Voodoo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Glenwood, NY
    www.kbvoodoo.com
    Your VRS rack can have a lower level of load carrying, just add bars across the bed that attach to the Voodoo Rails.

Email us and we can explain more: support@kbvoodoo.com

K9tacoma[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. May 20, 2024 at 8:26 AM
    Fireme

Fireme Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    St.JoMo
    Vehicle:
    2023 LR DCSBOR
    265/75-16 KO2, 16”trd beadlock, 23 OEM Pro Fox sus, OEM roof bar, seat spacer, sequencing mirror indicators, RC tri fold bed cover, weathertech mats. Homemade bam bed sleeping platform.
    I have them do the 10k changes, I do the 5k between! I had it in for the axle weld recall last Friday.
    Just keep your receipts and log it!
    They can’t refuse your warranty I was told by my dealer, and I have a “lifetime drivetrain dealer warranty” from the original purchase dealer 2 hrs away!
    I asked the local’ish (40 miles away) dealer if they would check the TPMS system because after 3 tries DiscountTire can’t get my new OEM Toyota sensors the connect to the trucks system, my 4 tires show (- - -) on the dash. But no error light? He said they would have to charge an hour or two! I said forget it!
    The first time the 5k maintenance light came on I ask about an oil change, he said the would do it but charge me, it’s only every 10k.
    I also asked about the Toyota aluminum filter housing cap
    PN (15620-31060)
    ,the went and got the “Dorman” brand PN # 917-016 off the shelf,
    I said I want the OEM Toyota one, he said this was all they use, like there wasn’t a factory part! He also couldn’t find the 1/2” axle/leaf spring spacer off the trd pro
    (PT82A-35220-SS)
    ?
    I didn’t have either part numbers handy at the time! I don’t hold much faith in the dealerships!
    Found the OEM cap for $22 on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008BHP68A?smid=A3RP64OJUFP133

IMG_3667.png

Last edited: May 20, 2024
    spin180, dand, Taco22trdor and 2 others like this.
  3. May 20, 2024 at 8:57 AM
    aturk

aturk Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Charlotte, NC
  4. May 20, 2024 at 8:58 AM
    MrMobile

MrMobile Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    22 TRD OR DCSB Lunar Rock
    RCI sliders & engine skid, BAKFlip MX4, PPF, and many other smaller things
    Mine lasted about 400 miles from new, and I still haven't fixed it. It seems cracks keep more rocks away (jk). But I sat in the passenger seat yesterday and it's pretty bad on that side; clear on the driver side.

5. May 20, 2024 at 9:02 AM
    MrMobile

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    I have the same issue with Safelite glass (the vendor for our insurance company). I can see that a truck windshield might take harder hits than a more angled windshield where the rocks may glance off better. I don't know what the answer is. It seems the glass companies are making tons of money on "aligning" the sensors; sure it's some extra work but the cameras have been around for long enough someone must have come up with an efficient way to do it by now.

6. May 20, 2024 at 9:07 AM
    MrMobile

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    I get the joy of doing that on June 10th. I'm thinking it might be easier to get in/out of my truck than her Camry. I may have to practice beforehand. I have sliders I can use as steps and got one of those handle things that fits into the door striker. I'm much too young for all this :)

RIX TUX and TacoGeeloor[QUOTED] like this.
  7. May 20, 2024 at 9:13 AM
    TacoGeeloor

TacoGeeloor Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD OR
    Getting in and out of my wife’s 4R was a little tricky. No bending allowed so I had to do sort of a squat to get my head clear of the door then sit and swivel in. Good luck! A truck would be far better in my case than a Camry for sure!

Taco22trdor likes this.
  8. May 20, 2024 at 9:15 AM
    TacoGeeloor

TacoGeeloor Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD OR
    Yeah, safelite and another windshield shop locally said they wouldn’t align my sensors due to the lift and canopy on my truck that I would have to take it to the dealership so they could override the system. I agree with you, they’re making money off of these things cracking so fast so no push to change anything!

musicisevil likes this.
  9. May 20, 2024 at 9:36 AM
    Oh_deer

Oh_deer Supreme Commander Sullivan County Deer Chasers

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Brooklyn & Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2018 OR DCLB Inferno
    They’re full of shit.

Page 27 of the Owner’s Warranty & Information

“GENERAL INFORMATION
    You are responsible for ensuring that your Toyota is operated and main- tained according to the instructions in the Owner’s Manual and the Scheduled Maintenance Guide.

You should keep detailed records of vehicle maintenance, since under some circumstances they may be required for warranty coverage. These records should include date of service, mileage at time of service and a description of service performed and/or parts installed. For your conve- nience, a maintenance log is included in the Scheduled Maintenance Guide. If you sell your vehicle, you should give your maintenance records to the new owner.

Toyota will not deny a warranty claim solely because you do not have records to show that you maintained your vehicle. However, damage or failures caused by lack of proper maintenance are not covered under warranty.”

10. May 20, 2024 at 10:13 AM
    chuam

chuam Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcus
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma SR5 DCSB 4x4
    Icon Stage 3 - 2.5 & UCAs front, Icon 2.0 rear Icon RTX Stage 2 leafs Icon 700lb springs RSI Smartcap Evo Sport KDMax Pro tune BAMF Hybrid front bumper Warn VR EVO 10s winch ARB Rear Locker Revolution 5.29 regear RCI Engine Skid RCI Trans skid RCI Transfer case skid RCI Diff Skid RCI Cat guards RCI Rock sliders RCI roof rack R4T LCA Skids DRT Fabrication Hitch Skid Exhaust reroute ARB Dual Compressor w/ Slee Mount OR Black Fenders Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro fog lights Rigid D-SS Pro Ditch lights Rigid SR Amber PRO Edition 30” light bar Rigid SR-Q floods A/C drain mod Differential Breather Mod Supralee Traction Board mount Liftd Gas cap holder Taco Garage DMM 2.0 Total Chaos bed stiffeners TRD SEMA Pro 17" wheels Falken Wildpeaks 275/70r17 TRD Pro Grill Gecko shell lighting Ecological Bumper shells Fumoto valve Toyota aluminum oil filter cap DesertDoesit Seat Jackers Waterport Day Tank - Rago Fab bed mount Yakima Double Haul OVS 270 Awning Wet Okole seat covers Overland Equipped/Blueseas Bracket/fusebox Toyota OEM tailgate lock Rogue Offroad poly body mount bushings ZPrecision cup holders H9 headlight bulb upgrade Lambtek innovations winch switch
    Since the only way to fit a fully inflated one is to cut your exhaust to do an axle dump, cut off the exhaust hangers, do the hoist relocate and hammer the tire guides back, deflating is a pretty simple solution (if you have an inflator with you or OBA).

I did all the above to get my 34s to fit and kind of wish I'd have just delfated it.......

musicisevil likes this.
  11. May 20, 2024 at 10:14 AM
    flakbait

flakbait Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD OR DCSB 6MT
    35% Tint, OEM Floor Mats, Bed Lights, Door Sill Protectors, Bed Mat, A/c Drain Mod, Gas Cap Holder, LED Reverse Tail Lights, Pace Edwards Ultragroove Tonneau Cover, Yakima Crossbars, Black "Tacoma" Inserts, Black Emblems, Center Console and Glove Box Organizers, Paint Matched Bumper Caps, Chalk Bag Bottle Holder, OEM Bed Step, OEM Black Housing sr5 Taillights, Diode Dynamics Hitch Pod, Interior LEDs, Footwell Lighting, OEM Remote Tailgate Lock and Plenty More to Come!
    I keep the cap from the OEM filter box and have receipts of when I purchased filters and oil (Mobil 1 ow-20 full synthetic), I'm sticking to an oil change every six months (100% overkill). I got tired of waiting a year or 10k on my corolla, I now have a garage so I'd rather waste a Saturday at my house rather than the dealer. I do not enjoy the service department in slightest...

12. May 20, 2024 at 10:18 AM
    flakbait

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD OR DCSB 6MT
    35% Tint, OEM Floor Mats, Bed Lights, Door Sill Protectors, Bed Mat, A/c Drain Mod, Gas Cap Holder, LED Reverse Tail Lights, Pace Edwards Ultragroove Tonneau Cover, Yakima Crossbars, Black "Tacoma" Inserts, Black Emblems, Center Console and Glove Box Organizers, Paint Matched Bumper Caps, Chalk Bag Bottle Holder, OEM Bed Step, OEM Black Housing sr5 Taillights, Diode Dynamics Hitch Pod, Interior LEDs, Footwell Lighting, OEM Remote Tailgate Lock and Plenty More to Come!

I just laughed under my breath, I keep records and buy OEM filters. I have a spreadsheet with mileage and descriptions of when/what was done, I also keep a three-ring binder with all paper receipts. Not rocket science, snug everything to spec, the horror stories of over tightened filter housing do not sound like good time to me.

Taco22trdor and Oh_deer[QUOTED] like this.
  13. May 20, 2024 at 10:26 AM
    flakbait

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD OR DCSB 6MT
    I was eyeing a 22' 1794 Edition TRD Off Road Tundra in Army Green with 22k miles on the lot while getting my recall fixed :anonymous:. The thought of taxes, fuel, insurance, and monthly payment talked me out of it. Now the caramel/peanut butter interior with heated/cooled seats, with a sunroof, those kept me interested. Lady was pretty snooty when I asked if they had sold it, pretentious response of "I sold that myself, we're a one price dealership and we price accordingly." Glad I didn't have to play ball with them, they also ghosted us after I asked if they could find a manual Tacoma when we were shopping for ours. Ended up driving two hours to another dealership to find ours that same week. Whatever :notsure:

Frito[QUOTED] and Shiro213 like this.
  14. May 20, 2024 at 10:27 AM
    grambo911

grambo911 Well-Known Member

Member:
    SF Bay Area, Kommiewokafornya
    Vehicle:
    2023 Lunar Rock Trail Edition
    AWE Exhaust, KARTBOY exhaust hangers, custom 1/0 exhaust grounding, lots of Titanium hardware from my old builds, silly JDM bits from my old Subaru builds, Uniden Bearcat Off Road CB, Firestik 2 w/custom CF mount, custom KARTBOY plate frame with Rigid Ind Spot on ball head mount, Yakima Mega Warrior w/custom CF cross brace. ARP extended studs (not installed yet), Optima Red Top, Siless Insulation in cab. Diode Dynamics LEDs throughout... More titanium fasteners. K&N intake snorkus delete. Greddy hose clamps throughout. DBA 4000XS Brake Rotors. TRD PRO fogs. Dakine Tail Gate Pad. More to come of course.
    Tires only have 20k on them. Though, some 33's would be very nice. Getting wheels first. Then tires.

5nahalf[QUOTED] likes this.
  15. May 20, 2024 at 10:31 AM
    grambo911

Member:
    Vehicle:
    AWE Exhaust, KARTBOY exhaust hangers, custom 1/0 exhaust grounding, lots of Titanium hardware from my old builds, silly JDM bits from my old Subaru builds, Uniden Bearcat Off Road CB, Firestik 2 w/custom CF mount, custom KARTBOY plate frame with Rigid Ind Spot on ball head mount, Yakima Mega Warrior w/custom CF cross brace. ARP extended studs (not installed yet), Optima Red Top, Siless Insulation in cab. Diode Dynamics LEDs throughout... More titanium fasteners. K&N intake snorkus delete. Greddy hose clamps throughout. DBA 4000XS Brake Rotors. TRD PRO fogs. Dakine Tail Gate Pad. More to come of course.
    Played with my bumper. Added RC Black Series bars to the BA Side Wings. Got very lucky in that I had some perfectly sized plastic spacers that allowed me to center them spot on. Added in some Ti hardware again. Its funny, people bag on Rough Country but, they actuallhave metric hardware. Getting parts for a Tacoma with SAE hardware bugs me. Really looking forward to getting the bumper on the truck. Gotta' finish the bathroom first. :rolleyes:

spacers.jpg
    TI hardware.jpg
    bumper wing 1.jpg
    entire bumper.jpg

kas2828, andthen, spin180 and 6 others like this.
  16. May 20, 2024 at 10:39 AM
    guaco.supreme

guaco.supreme Fk around and find out

Member:
    MN
    Vehicle:
    '20 AG TRD Pro
    I too have a RC light bar in my BA4x4 bumper. I think RC makes decent stuff, it's not top dollar quality stuff, but it functions and works. They also have awesome customer support, my buddy was installing a RC lift in his Jeep but there wasn't a lift specific to his models options and RC worked with him to figure out how to make it work.

grambo911[QUOTED] likes this.
  17. May 20, 2024 at 11:02 AM
    TRD-baby

TRD-baby Member

Member:
    Crested Butte, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Tan 2017 Tacoma TRD OFF Road
    Leitner Designs rack, BFG A/T k02 265/70r17 with TRD Pro wheels (4runner not Tacoma).
    Installed some bumper caps from R4T. Had a dude ran a red light and hit me in January, insurance stated they couldn't get me into a body shop until July. Just took the money instead, took the bumper off, rerouted the fog lights, sprayed the crash bar. Waiting on a bumper, lift and bigger tires. Drivers in Denver Suck

IMG_2457.HEIC.jpg

18. May 20, 2024 at 12:57 PM
    wazepd

wazepd Waze Map Editor

Member:
    NJ / NY
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Commercial Pilot
    After stopping to help someone out of a burning car, got myself an Amerex halotron extinguisher, same ones we use in our training aircraft
    Going to mount it later this week on a DDI MMP

TacoGeeloor, spin180, dand and 6 others like this.
  19. May 20, 2024 at 1:13 PM
    grambo911

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I'm not sure I would go with their lifts but, their lighting is Cree. I've used Cree in my buildings for years and they make a good product. I also don't need a million dollars in off road lighting to flex in the mall parking lot where I will do most of my wheeling. :rofl:

dand likes this.
  20. May 20, 2024 at 1:27 PM
    Jims2020

Jims2020 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Lake Stevens WA
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Off Road
    I did all the above and still had to deflate it! Any yes I have onboard air if the time comes to need it.

chuam[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top