1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO YOUR HILUX TODAY ??

Discussion in 'Hilux' started by JAMES399, May 14, 2017.

1. May 14, 2017 at 6:06 PM
    JAMES399

JAMES399 [OP] EL CAPO

Member:
    First Name:
    JAMES
    Alejandria Antioquia Colombia S.A.
    Vehicle:
    White 2003 Hilux DCSB 4x4 HI-RIDER +. 2.4L I-4, 5 spd.
    275/70R16 tires, gasolina or CNG fuel, Konig shox, Energy Suspension poly bushings,
    Got up at 6:30 this morning, and the sun was shining. NO RAIN ... for a change. Decided today was going to be the day I changed the gear oil in the diffs, transfer case, and transmission in my Hilux. I bought a case of GL-4, and GL-5 a while back, so I put the truck up on jackstands pulled the wheels and crawled underneath. Started with the rear differential. Pulled the drain plug and drained the old gear oil out. BIG MISTAKE !!! When I tried to remove the other plug to refill the case, it was totally rounded off, and nothing I could do would break it loose. Tried channel locks, vice grips, pipe wrenches. Even tried grinding the plug down to the next smaller socket size. No success. Decided to remove the breather, and fill the diff through the breather hole. FINALLY got it refilled. The transfer case, transmission, and front diff were no problem. Since it was only 2 in the afternoon when I was done, I decided to steam clean the underside of the truck. I have an old Prescott steam cleaner that I got from my dad, and I gave the truck a good hosing. Now it looks almost new underneath. I always used my pressure washer before, because I was afraid to use the old gas-fired steam cleaner. WHAT A DIFFERENCE !!! The steam cleaner blasted everything off of the underside of the truck. Even the grease thrown up on the body from the u-joints. Looks like a new truck now. Went ahead and cleaned the engine compartment too.
    By now, the wife was wondering what was going on, with all the noise from the steam cleaner motor and all. When she saw how nice my truck looked, she "convinced" me to do the same to her Trooper.
    All in all, a good day. My Hilux looks like a new one, and so does the wife's Trooper.

- JAMES

Riding Dirty and IronPeak like this.
  2. May 14, 2017 at 6:07 PM
    Dhannah

Dhannah 2017 Tacoma OR DCSB

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '17 DCSB OR TRD 4x4
    Under Construction
    Pictures?

3. May 14, 2017 at 7:12 PM
    JAMES399

JAMES399 [OP] EL CAPO

Member:
    First Name:
    JAMES
    Alejandria Antioquia Colombia S.A.
    Vehicle:
    White 2003 Hilux DCSB 4x4 HI-RIDER +. 2.4L I-4, 5 spd.
    275/70R16 tires, gasolina or CNG fuel, Konig shox, Energy Suspension poly bushings,
    Sorry ... wasn't thinking about pics when i was working on the truck today. After I had the trouble getting the plug on the rear diff off, I just wanted to get the gear oil changed. Tonight when everything was finally done, I thought about posting here but photos were the furthest thing from my mind. Maybe next time.

_ JAMES

To Top