1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What Have You Done To Your 2nd Gen Tacoma Today?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kwalton, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Sep 3, 2011 at 2:49 PM
    KevLot17

KevLot17 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '10 Blacked Out TRD Sport
    Debadged, Toytec Ultimate Lift, Banks Monster Exhaust, AFE Pro Dry filter, Black Grillecraft grille, Flat Black background headlights, Red Blinkers and markers with alternating turn signal mod, Krypton Bulbs 6000K Headlights and Fogs, Fog Light anytime Mod, LED interior lights with map light mod, AVS Black Taillight Covers, Tinted Windows, WeatherTech Digital floor liners.
    I WANT THAT!:rant:

2. Sep 3, 2011 at 3:08 PM
    LEX

LEX --- --- --- - ----

Member:
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    100 Series LC
    Debadged

3. Sep 3, 2011 at 3:10 PM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    - Autolite Iridium spark plugs (what a pain in the ass the driver side is!!!)
    - Oil Change
    - new brakes (had to pay Monro to do it since I couldn't get the damn pins out. Stupid NY rust and corrosion. :censored: But at least they determined my rotors were going and gave me a 2 for 1 deal! :woot: Bill still came to $330 and some change though.)

4. Sep 3, 2011 at 3:35 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Changed oil and filter.... and washed engine bay.

5. Sep 3, 2011 at 3:48 PM
    george3

george3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2008 2.7 Manual Trans Tacoma
    Seat belt beeper, Cabelas (Weathertech) floor liner gray, Covercraft Seat Savers in Taupe, Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat, Pop n Lock PL5200, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit, Wolverine oil pan heater, Scangauge2, afe pro dry s filter, Remote Underbody 4 Piece LED Light Kit (White) used as Bed light, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, PA15-TOY, 4x4 Illuminated Switch, full synthetic, Redline Tuning Hood Support, Smittybilt Nerf Steps black powder-coated
    I had this problem with my 2000. I cut the pin with a dremel and drilled it out. Don't know if it would have worked for you but might save you or someone $ next time.

6. Sep 3, 2011 at 3:55 PM
    piercedtiger

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    I thought about that. But I didn't have replacement pins with the autozone pads. Always thought they were a good idea: lifetime warranty = free pads next time I changed them and next time after that.... :D

Unfortunately, I would not have done the rotors so I would have had to do them later when I found out they were bad, and been in for more work plus 2x$210 for rotors. The guy at monro did 2 for 1 on the rotors, which I couldn't have done, and came in around $100 less than the dealer. So I just had him do them while I was there.

7. Sep 3, 2011 at 4:02 PM
    george3

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    Seat belt beeper, Cabelas (Weathertech) floor liner gray, Covercraft Seat Savers in Taupe, Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat, Pop n Lock PL5200, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit, Wolverine oil pan heater, Scangauge2, afe pro dry s filter, Remote Underbody 4 Piece LED Light Kit (White) used as Bed light, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, PA15-TOY, 4x4 Illuminated Switch, full synthetic, Redline Tuning Hood Support, Smittybilt Nerf Steps black powder-coated
    So they will change you pads for as long as you own the truck ?

8. Sep 3, 2011 at 4:13 PM
    piercedtiger

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    Had I done the Autozone ones, yes. :D Did that with my car. Got 1 free set out of them once I learned about that and used them. You have to take the old ones in to get the new ones, but if you do your own brakes and have a second ride it works out nicely.

My thought was $36.99+tax seemed a lot better than $200+ from the dealer or $99 from Monro. Sadly, it didn't work out that way.

On a good note though the truck brakes better than I *EVER* remember it braking..... even when it was fresh off the lot. And the truck stops even when my foot slips higher up the pedal. I used to have to move my heel back so my toes were on the pedal. When I first got the truck my toes would go past the top of the pedal with boots on, hit the arm of the pedal, and not stop the truck until I moved my heel back, and pushed again. Now I can flat foot the pedal and arm, and the nose will dive and the truck slows. :D So I suppose it was worth it. I'm curious to see how well it works in the winter now since I have that ABS kill switch to get better braking. Brakes now work as well as the did before when I had that turned off.

Oh, and supposedly the Monro ones have a lifetime guarantee too.... I need to read about that.

9. Sep 3, 2011 at 4:31 PM
    george3

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    I'm going to ass-u-me Monro is a chain. Glad things worked out for you so well. I have not had especially good experience with some of the chains - always trying to up sell me to things I don't need.

I do have a question on the ABS thing if you don't mind - I often find myself driving into the center of an intersection because my ABS do not stop at the stop sign they just pulse as I drive thru the stop sign. I have also almost driven into my garage door for the same reason. With the switch when do you have the ABS on and when do you turn it off ? How long have you been using this mod ?

10. Sep 3, 2011 at 4:43 PM
    piercedtiger

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    Yes, Monro Muffler is a chain. But they are close by and cheaper than the dealer. At this point, I didn't really want to pay $460 for brakes. :eek:

The ABS is on 99% of the time. I only turn it off in snow and sometimes on gravel if I notice that annoying rock-skipping-over-water effect of the ABS. If the brakes pulse and keep me from stopping I flip the switch. If the roads are shit, and I'm coming up on a steep down hill I flip the switch as I'm downshifting and gently applying the brakes.

I've tried both ways while on dry asphalt. With the switch on I've noticed it takes less pedal travel for the brakes to REALLY kick in and slow the truck down. (I left it on by mistake one day and my wife took the truck. First time she used the brakes she almost slammed into the steering wheel because they reacted so much faster than she was used to.) With ABS on I have to double tap the brakes, applying more pressure the second time. Just stomping on them feels mushy and doesn't slow fast enough. Almost like the first pump builds pressure for the second one. :notsure: The pedal travels less on the second pump, and typically avoids the ABS effect unless the roads are slick. So even without ABS turned off I've learned how to keep it from kicking in most of the time.

11. Sep 3, 2011 at 4:55 PM
    george3

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for your answer. I'll have to give this mod a try.

12. Sep 3, 2011 at 8:03 PM
    1Bigbird

1Bigbird Yo! Wat up peeps?

Member:
    winter-peg
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD D-Cab
    :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks Sockmonkey :thumbsup:

13. Sep 3, 2011 at 8:06 PM
    Latimer27

Latimer27 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brendon
    Omak, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 Base SR5
    Suspension lift 3" front 2" back, Flowmaster Y-piped (True dual soon), Big Horn 265/70/R16 on Ultra Motorsports rims, TRD sport hood, aftermarket wheel bearings (front), upgraded CV boots, soundstream double din, two Boston Acoustics G5 12's, CARR light bar
    Installed new CARR light bar now I plan on throwin some PIAA's on it...any good websites for those??

14. Sep 3, 2011 at 11:16 PM
    Cambo

Cambo Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Dcab Sport 4x4
    Drove aimlessly in the mountains for 3 hours. No mud this time of year :mad:!! Still had fun though.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

15. Sep 4, 2011 at 4:03 AM
    FY01CPO

FY01CPO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    CT
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4
    black tube steps, side marker turn signals, 15% tint and window strip, EGR vent shades, fighter pilot/cockpit mod, console and glove box auto on LED, anytime fog light mod, 3000k HID fogs, bed mat wing nut mod, locking bed storage bin mod, smoked tail lights, plasti-dipped rims, blacked out emblems, black tail pipe, tail gate hose clamp, rear seat utility/dog shelf with rear center console access door.
    I think Big Foot was watching you... LOL

16. Sep 4, 2011 at 3:46 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    Got the oil changed and topped off fluids.. Greased drive shafts , cleaned her up gave her a quick wax job... and she's looken good! :)

17. Sep 4, 2011 at 3:53 PM
    SB11Tacoma

SB11Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    New York
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport DCLB 4X4 with JBL
    Lund Nerf Bars Tonnopro Tri Fold
    Just did the fog light mod..really bothered me that they were only on with the headlights

18. Sep 4, 2011 at 4:06 PM
    Rodallg

Rodallg Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Added the shell on Friday. Now to get rid of the chrome tubes and get Nfab's.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Sep 4, 2011 at 4:08 PM
    Shiftin2Sixth

Shiftin2Sixth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt (kûrt)
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2021 MGM TRD-OR DCSB 4WD
    Washed, clay bared, polished, waxed, and detailed.

IMG_6490_e91bea09ea0255a395b9a81f881f16bb41a989bf.jpg

20. Sep 4, 2011 at 4:46 PM
    Murman

Murman Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prerunner SR5 Access Cab 4cyl auto
    Undercover hard tonneau WeatherTech Floor Liners
    I wish you lived closer to me, I would buy those chrome steps from you.

I debadged my doors today. The sides look much cleaner now.

Products Discussed in

To Top