1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What Have You Done To Your Tacoma Today?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kwalton, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Dec 28, 2011 at 5:09 PM
    Supra TT

Supra TT Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2000 SAS D44/Ford 9"
    SAS.. Need I say more.
    New grill from the bestbradly, bought it to do a satoshi on mine hopefully, plus mine was chrome and yeah...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dec 28, 2011 at 5:26 PM
    Irish020

Irish020 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '05 Tacoma TRD Sport 4 Door Longbed
    ARE Hard Tonneau Cover Flowmaster American Thunder Super 50 Series Stainless Dual Exhaust Toytec Ultimate 3" w/ UCA's
    Had alignment done after install of Toytec Ultimate lift...

[​IMG]

3. Dec 28, 2011 at 6:45 PM
    Wallygater

Wallygater Well-Known Member

Member:
    USA
    Vehicle:
    '11 SR5 DBL Cab 4x4 6 speed
    Softopper, All-pro bolt-on sliders, Tom Wood's drive shaft, Goodyear 235/85/16 Dura-trac's, SG, USA-Spec I-pod adaptor, Amsoil in everything
    Sweet! Those are the exact size and tires I'm saving to get. Economically a win all the way around. Do you have anymore pics? Specifically front, back, and a full side shot? Thanks.

Also nice sleeping arrangement in the back. :cool:

4. Dec 28, 2011 at 8:31 PM
    DueNorth

DueNorth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 BSP TRD Sport DC SB 6sp
    Too many to list, check out my build!
    Finally got my Boztec diff skid on today.

[​IMG]

5. Dec 28, 2011 at 10:01 PM
    DueNorth

DueNorth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 BSP TRD Sport DC SB 6sp
    Too many to list, check out my build!
    Also tore into a Warn 9.5XP winch that came with a AllPro hybrid tube bumper i bought recently from a guy i met at the dealership. Gonna resell the bumper but was hoping to keep the winch. Well hooked up the cables and nothing worked. So far i'm sure the solenoid is toast and this is what i found when i cracked open the motor. :(

[​IMG]

6. Dec 28, 2011 at 10:02 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Bed Extender, OME lift and 285 BFG KO2, Spidertrax spacers, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    Got my new LED reverse lights put it ... "thanks LEDSolutions.com"
    way better at night!!!

right one is stock....
    [​IMG]

7. Dec 29, 2011 at 10:11 AM
    Wallygater

Member:
    USA
    Vehicle:
    Softopper, All-pro bolt-on sliders, Tom Wood's drive shaft, Goodyear 235/85/16 Dura-trac's, SG, USA-Spec I-pod adaptor, Amsoil in everything
    Ok, just got the All-pro bolt on (yeah right, goes right on:D) sliders done and put on. I wanted bolt on so I had the option of removing them. Well these things will be sold with the truck now. What a pain in the farging icehole!

Still might have to get the front drivers side welded because the self tappers are not holding well. These things were so warped it was a complete pain to put them on. It has kind of spoiled my attitude on All-pro. I took a chance because of a sale price and now this might be the last product I get from them. I know it's hard to make a bolt on product like this for millions of vehicles but there could have been some better quality control as far as keeping these things square in the jig while welding them up.

They were so warped we had to use a jack in areas just to get a good frame grab. Mix matching bolts (longer) to pull the sliders to the frame, etc...and there is still a gap in a few places even after using an impact wrench to try and pull it close. Ridiculous. On a positive note they are solid (except for the drivers side front) and should hold up well to abuse.

Scratched the powder coat (i know:rolleyes:) already just putting them on. If anybody wants pics, look'em up, I'm too frustrated right now. :mad:

8. Dec 29, 2011 at 10:19 AM
    bulhas

bulhas the habs fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1997 Rexus
    i make things cook Marshmallows
    if they warped i would have called allpro right away and had them deal with it man, maybe they had a bad batch

either id still call them up, your post was hard to follow the way you posted i got lost in words and no spacing, but my phone sucks for reading longer posts aswell

9. Dec 29, 2011 at 10:53 AM
    Wallygater

Member:
    USA
    Vehicle:

Well I had them mocked up on the truck by a local off road shop and then had them powder coated. The shop said they were warped but obviously didn't say or realize how bad. I have had them for months because of lack of funds for powder and stuff and just now got it done.

I know they stand behind their stuff but if you are sending something across the country like that I just think the quality control should have been better. They are on now and like I said, if anything, I will have a bead run down on the drivers side front mount and then they will be solid. It sure was frustrating. :cool:

10. Dec 29, 2011 at 11:50 AM
    Whitster

Whitster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Whit
    Golden, CO
    Vehicle:
    '09 AC w/SR5 & TRD, 6' bed
    Installed a Battery Bug, actually a week ago, been watching it to get a better opinion.

http://www.argusanalyzers.com/battery-monitors.html

Seems to operate as advertised and looks encouraging. Only time will tell.
    I used the hand-held unit (instead of the long leads version) so I could readily move it from vehicle to vehicle.
    The readout alternates between battery condition and voltage. You don't have to keep checking it as it emits beeps when below 10% capacity remaining.

Just screwed the connectors to the battery under an additional nut on the clamps. Used a heavy rubber band to secure it to the cross member on the battery holder. Made the band out of an annular slice off a motorcycle inner tube. EZ

Whit

IMG_0692.jpg
    IMG_0693.jpg
    IMG_0695.jpg
    IMG_0696.jpg

11. Dec 29, 2011 at 1:10 PM
    maxamillion2345

maxamillion2345 Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.

Member:
    First Name:
    Max
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    Ferd Fteenthousand 6.4
    Tuner.
    Nothing you can't rebuild.

12. Dec 29, 2011 at 1:34 PM
    GeauxTigers

GeauxTigers //TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Sterlington, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD OffRoad Access Cab 4x4
    Badge delete, plastidipped grille, 20% window tint, mudflap delete, Black LowProfile Toolbox, AFE ProDry Drop in Filter, 265/70/17 Federal Couragia MT's, 17x9 XD Addicts, DeeZee Bedmat, Bilstein 5100s in front @1.75", ToyTec 1.5" AAL, TRD Seat Covers, Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD Double Din with Boyo back-up camera, 4x Polk DB651s 6.5 speakers, Husky Liners, Weathertech window visors, Fog Light Anytime, LED interior and license plate lights.
    ordered my dee zee bed mat yesterday, shipped today!

http://www.amazon.com/Dee-Zee-86964-Truck-Bed/dp/B000VUC51G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325194479&sr=8-1

13. Dec 29, 2011 at 1:57 PM
    RSCUE

RSCUE Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off-Road
    Gettin closer to the world...sub'd

14. Dec 29, 2011 at 4:51 PM
    07TacoRidah

07TacoRidah SHHHH, this is interesting

Member:
    Pasadena CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Base Model Access Cab
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit Xscorpion dual 0g wire ring terminal (3) Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) HID kit (headlights - 3k) Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Blacked out OEM headlight housing Front grille swap (to chrome, dipped red) XR front bumper valance (dipped red) Aftermarket fog light kit w/OEM switch Rear bumper swap (to chrome) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: 1" spindle spacer kit (Addional nuts and longer bolts added) 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) 1" Drop Blocks Air Lift rear helper springs Rims: 18x9.5 Asuka ST 15-2 rims et26 all around 5mm billet aluminum wheel spacers 225/40/18 tires all around Neochrome lock nuts Pepboys valve stem caps Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Pioneer DEH 5000ub Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" JBL GTO 1014 (2) 4 ohm svc in dual ported box JDM Fuchsia shift knob (old Dickies pants shift boot)
    about to let my dad borrow her for the night ... :pray:

15. Dec 29, 2011 at 5:10 PM
    CVYota

CVYota Damaged Goods

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Crescenta Valley
    Vehicle:
    '11 4X4 DCLB SR5 2.5 gen
    Extended front 2.5 Icons at 2". LR UCAs Dakar Leaf Springs, rear King Smooth 2.5 w/res , Softopper, 285/75-16 Mickey Thompson Baja MT,16x8 SCS wheels 4.5 bs, Brute Force Rear bumper, 4x4 switch led, Diff Breather mod, weathertechs, Pelfrybuilt front bumper, IFS and mid skids, B.A.M.F rear diff armor, LCA armor, Light bar mount and Sliders, Homer grill, Andres Devil horns, LED light bar, gauge pod with temp and ecometer.
    installed the back-up camera anytime mod

[​IMG]

16. Dec 29, 2011 at 5:44 PM
    mcdowell

mcdowell My name is Mudd

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    mobile al
    Vehicle:
    2011 prerunner SR5
    2in Toytec leveling kit TSB 4 leafpack 130w KC driving lights Wsetin 3 tab lightbar Black headlights Trex eyelids TRD sport wheels Firestone MT Hood protector Vent visors Tube stepbars Colormatch grille
    Installed stepbars. Bonehead mistake ordering. Purchased 2011 tacoma double cab steps. Not the same as 2011 tacoma double cab " prerunner " steps. (Brackets are different). Didnt want to screw with the returning so went to Home depot bought 3in. wide plate steal and added on to supplied brackets. Dumb ass.

17. Dec 29, 2011 at 6:27 PM
    CVYota

CVYota Damaged Goods

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Crescenta Valley
    Vehicle:
    '11 4X4 DCLB SR5 2.5 gen
    Extended front 2.5 Icons at 2". LR UCAs Dakar Leaf Springs, rear King Smooth 2.5 w/res , Softopper, 285/75-16 Mickey Thompson Baja MT,16x8 SCS wheels 4.5 bs, Brute Force Rear bumper, 4x4 switch led, Diff Breather mod, weathertechs, Pelfrybuilt front bumper, IFS and mid skids, B.A.M.F rear diff armor, LCA armor, Light bar mount and Sliders, Homer grill, Andres Devil horns, LED light bar, gauge pod with temp and ecometer.
    Grats man, welcome!

18. Dec 29, 2011 at 7:58 PM
    WesTheFatKid

WesTheFatKid Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    WesTheFatKid
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
    URD TCAI, RedLine Racing Hood lifts, Modified 2007 Chevy Silvarado box with 2 pheonix gold 10" subs, Alpine CDA-105 head unit w/ KCE-400 BT adapter, Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust
    Installed my Alpine CDA-105 deck with the Scorche dash kit. Looks fine, color is a little darker, but its all good. Modified a box for a Chevy Silverado to put my 2 10" PhoenixGold subs. Installed two of the RedLine racing hoodlifts, absolutely LOVE them, work and look awesome. Also put in my URD TCAI, eyeballed the cut since I bought it used, but it came out real nice. Slit a red general service hose to line the metal cut, and go along with the red TRD theme. The intake sounds awesome, took a couple for the truck to get used to it (if that makes sense?) Also ordered my Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust which should be here Tuesday! Aw hell yeah! :D

19. Dec 29, 2011 at 8:44 PM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 Your mom goes to college

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    Pacer Magnum wheels powdercoated black, 265/75/R16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires, 4 Piece Billet Grill, 2.25" Leveling kit on front, Flowmaster, Westin step bars, AVS vent-visors and Bug-flector
    Just ordered a Bestop Supertop...should be here Saturday.

20. Dec 29, 2011 at 9:09 PM
    bulhas

bulhas the habs fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1997 Rexus
    i make things cook Marshmallows
    trying to decide on a winch... and ordered my Icon UCA's

Products Discussed in this Thread