1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What is it with Tacos and weather stripping?

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by 0uTkAsT, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Apr 6, 2012 at 2:04 PM
    0uTkAsT

0uTkAsT [OP] Gun Toting Gearhead

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 5-Speed 4X4 Base
    Avid custom front & rear bumpers, Avid sliders & skid plates, Avid light bar, six 6.5" 100W off road lights, Eibach coils, Bilstein 5100s front & rear, Deaver AAL, MB 72B 16x8.5" wheels, 33" Hankook Dynapro AT-Ms, aFe dry filter, intake baffle & charcoal filter deleted, MagnaPack 18" muffler & exhaust bend delete, bedside & tailgate vinyls, carpeted bed, 25% tint, painted grille, mudflap delete, Supertop camper, black headlights & tail lights, breather mod, smoked 3rd brake light, recovery gear, mounted shovel, axe, extinguisher, Hi-Lift in Quickfist clamps / XRAC, sway bar delete, debadged tailgate, custom gun rack, bullet antenna, Kenwood double DIN nav, Scosche dash, JBL door speakers, aluminum pedals & shift knob
    So a few months back I replaced all of Kastout's weather stripping around her 1st-gen's windshield. It kept popping back out so I had to seal it in place with black RTV silicone. Now the weather stripping on her doors around the side windows is falling apart. Shortly thereafter, the weather stripping on my 2nd-gen's sliding rear window came apart and is basically just dangling there. I tried fixing it repeatedly but it just comes back out with use (and I use my back window all the time, so I have just been leaving it jacked up lately). Now today on my way to work the entire freakin right side of the weather stripping around my windshield pops off and was flapping in the wind and made its way all the way around the A-pillar and around my passenger side mirror before I could pull over and save it from actually tearing off. Then when I was stuffing it back in to place while standing on my slider I noticed the black strip that goes over the passenger side of my cab above the door seam is loose... wtf! Both of our trucks sit outside so I'm thinking the dry heat here kills them, but I've never had any issues with weather stripping on my other vehicles in the past...

Anyways, if shitty weather stripping is the biggest issue I ever have with this truck I'll be a happy camper, but it gets kind of old. Anyone else have weather stripping issues?

2. Apr 6, 2012 at 3:52 PM
    Cr250jumper

Cr250jumper Señor member

Member:
    The moon
    Vehicle:
    50 shades of tan
    Tacoma with some stuff melted to it
    Damn that sucks, I have never had an issue with mine

3. Apr 6, 2012 at 3:55 PM
    0uTkAsT

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 5-Speed 4X4 Base
    Avid custom front & rear bumpers, Avid sliders & skid plates, Avid light bar, six 6.5" 100W off road lights, Eibach coils, Bilstein 5100s front & rear, Deaver AAL, MB 72B 16x8.5" wheels, 33" Hankook Dynapro AT-Ms, aFe dry filter, intake baffle & charcoal filter deleted, MagnaPack 18" muffler & exhaust bend delete, bedside & tailgate vinyls, carpeted bed, 25% tint, painted grille, mudflap delete, Supertop camper, black headlights & tail lights, breather mod, smoked 3rd brake light, recovery gear, mounted shovel, axe, extinguisher, Hi-Lift in Quickfist clamps / XRAC, sway bar delete, debadged tailgate, custom gun rack, bullet antenna, Kenwood double DIN nav, Scosche dash, JBL door speakers, aluminum pedals & shift knob
    Weird. Sam's is a '00 and mine's an '06. I've had a lot of other cars and trucks with the same amount of years on them and never had an issue. It's not really a big deal, but I was wondering how many other folks had issues with theirs.

4. Apr 6, 2012 at 7:10 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    My back window inside strip keeps falling out on the pass side... just started. Rather annoying for an '10. Then again, I romp the fuck out of my truck.

Also, the door weatherstripping is shiat. I'm thinking about putting another autozone layer on it and siliconing it down to the door as well to actually make a proper seal.

5. Apr 6, 2012 at 7:25 PM
    0uTkAsT

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 5-Speed 4X4 Base
    Your back window is doing exactly what mine is doing. It's kind of annoying. And yeah my window seals are constantly getting dirt, mud, and water down in them but I kind of expect that given what I do to the truck on a regular basis.

6. Apr 6, 2012 at 7:38 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Yea man it's annoying. I might just put a little silicon on it to get it to stick on the back

To Top