1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What is it?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by fortyniner, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Dec 28, 2010 at 3:53 PM
    fortyniner

fortyniner [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma 4x4
    I decided to check the cabin air filter in my Taco, when I dropped down the glove box there was a tube like container attached to the right side of the box, what is it? The cabin filter looked fine, maybe due to the fact that I live in Seattle and there is no dust only rain.

2. Dec 28, 2010 at 3:55 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    The tube is like a shock absorber so the glove box opens slowly. It attaches to the knob on the R/H side of the frame surrounding the glove box (middle hole on shock) and the long narrow end of the shock attaches to the knob on the R/H side of the glove box. The top hole on the shock (fat end) doesn't attach to anything (might fit other models.) The shock is a over engineered cheap pos.

3. Dec 29, 2010 at 3:33 PM
    jdmbb

jdmbb Member

Member:
    Miami and tallahassee
    Vehicle:
    06 BSP XRunner
    K&N drop-in filter, Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler on stock pipes, BFG KDW2's and TRD Duracon shift knob.
    and is possibly broken on many a tacoma. mine wont stay on and falls off the first time i open after re-attaching

Products Discussed in

To Top