1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

what is the best lift option

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by meckleystephen, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Mar 27, 2010 at 8:50 AM
    meckleystephen

meckleystephen [OP] My Taco is Bi-Winning!!!!!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    York, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tacoma Off Road
    3 Inch Toytec lift,Blacked out badges
    i have been really thinking about lifting my truck, in your opinions what is the best option i do alot of highway driving and mild offroading my head is spinning with all the possibilities i have seen the only option i am leaning towards is 5100's in the front and a toytec AAL in the rear how much lift will i get and how is the ride any feedback will b greatly appreciated thanks:D

2. Mar 27, 2010 at 8:56 AM
    camiliosalomanda

camiliosalomanda Well-Known Member

Member:
    McKinney, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Super White
    Grill Craft Hella 500 Bed Aux Wet Okole Wet Okole Arm Rests Weather Tech Magnaflow OS Ram Night Breakers Rocky Mounts Custom IPOD Dock Pioneer AVH P4100 Relentless Sliders AnBCustomFab Bed Rack 3 Inch Icon Lift with leaf pack
    This has been discussed and argued a lot on the site. Mostly it should be personal preference. You can go 6 inch bro style for looks and also off-roading, or 3 inch workhorse and off-roading. There are cheap lifts and expensive ones depending on what all you will do with it.

I suggest looking at the builds on here and on car domain. look at what you want and decide how much you are willing to spend.

I am stationed in Germany right now and I cant afford the Icon kit i want from wheelers off road with shipping issues and all else. so I am waiting till i get back to the states in 6 mo.

3. Mar 27, 2010 at 9:10 AM
    meckleystephen

meckleystephen [OP] My Taco is Bi-Winning!!!!!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    York, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tacoma Off Road
    3 Inch Toytec lift,Blacked out badges
    yea i have been looking all over here for a while and just am having a hard time coming to a conclusion the one thing i love about my 2nd gen is how smooth it rides when i put a spacer lift on my 96 taco it got a litte rougher and i def dont want that on my 06

4. Mar 27, 2010 at 9:20 AM
    camiliosalomanda

camiliosalomanda Well-Known Member

Member:
    McKinney, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Super White
    Grill Craft Hella 500 Bed Aux Wet Okole Wet Okole Arm Rests Weather Tech Magnaflow OS Ram Night Breakers Rocky Mounts Custom IPOD Dock Pioneer AVH P4100 Relentless Sliders AnBCustomFab Bed Rack 3 Inch Icon Lift with leaf pack
    I cant speak from experience but I believe that the majority of folks will say aftermarket will be a little stiffer than stock.

I have the unique issue of needing a rear leaf TSb done but German dealers wont do it and my truck has real bad body roll on corners and load bearing.

I think the proper 3 inch with quality shocks will do you good. Also the AAl will probably be smoother than a set of new leaf springs like a 8 or 10 pack.

I too understand the jeep thing. I pulled one out the other day with a 6 inch lift and mud terrains and I have stock suspension and km2 tires a ford and hilux tried to snag him out and i just eased it out with four low. i told him to trade it in or sell it.

5. Mar 27, 2010 at 10:07 AM
    singlefin

singlefin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4wd
    Total Chaos UCA with Fox 2.5 RR coilovers, OME Dakars with Fox 2.0s on the rear, BFG KM2 on KMC Enduro's, All-Pro Hybrid Bumper, SDTruckShopRock Sliders, Warn 9.5XP winch, LightForce 170s, Leer 100XR, and ATO Hi-Lift Mount.
    I know that a lot of people rave about the 5100's. I have Fox coils and rears and its nice and soft. I had the rears re-valved to be softer though, front coils are original valve specs.

For the rear if you do a 3 leaf AAL kit like deaver or icon it will soften it up if you loose the overload leaf. However you will loose some of the payload capacity you had.

To Top