1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What is the biggest mistake?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SurfInferno, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Mar 3, 2010 at 5:21 PM
    NorthXNorthwest

NorthXNorthwest Well-Known Member

Member:
    Myrtle Creek, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    07 Sport DC 4X4 Not Debaged
    BHLM, Ultra Mammoths, Husky mats, K&N non true CAI, window tint, Avid Steps and light bar.
    Cleaning the inside of my truck in the garage while home on leave. Mind you this was a pretty tight space I was in. I bumped a steel crib rail my wife had precariously balanced against the garage wall..... it fell against my driver side door, scrathing it all the way down.

That was awesome

2. Mar 3, 2010 at 5:56 PM
    Slimwood Shady

Slimwood Shady I love your mom!

Member:
    First Name:
    Linwood
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    '23 TRD Pro Tundra; 996TT; '16 Odyssey
    #nomods
    My buddy and I just did my AAL yesturday. My truck won't fit in my garage all the way, so I backed in far enough that my doors would still open. Jacked it up, put it on stands, and good to go. So there we were, passenger side was finished and bolted back up. We start to bang and shake and hammer the drivers side leaf springs to get the damn center pins aligned, when we realized that, well, my driveway is on a slope down from my house and well, we all know that the truck is RWD/4WD. Well I didn't chop the front wheels, and ist started to rock off of the jack stands! We just took our time and I jacked up the truck a little more on that side to help support it and put the tires in front of the tires. Nothing happened, but we were both under the truck throughout the install, and the POTENTIAL of something to happed was easily there. I just wanted to get it done as soon as possible to get the wheels back on. No worries though, but I will for sure use some chop blocks next time!!!

3. Mar 3, 2010 at 6:11 PM
    topgun155

topgun155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 F-150 5.0
    RIP to my 08 Prerunner DC
    My shop teacher was working on his old corvette, which had one of those direct intake things where there is no filter and you just have those pipes that stickout of the hood to suck air. Well he started it up and was standing over it with a nut in his hand and dropped it. By some stroke of god about a millisecond later it flew out the exhaust at about the speed of light. It was the luckiest day of his life he says.

4. Mar 3, 2010 at 10:20 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    That's insane!!!:eek:

5. Mar 3, 2010 at 10:43 PM
    SurfInferno

SurfInferno [OP] Dont be stupid, its not smart.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    2001 DC

Products Discussed in

To Top