1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What is this wire / connector for?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by wolftree, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Oct 16, 2011 at 7:23 AM
    wolftree

wolftree [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 Regular cab automatic trans,
    Rear Leaf TSB, Bilstein 5100s, extra leaf added
    I have a base model, standard cab 2011 Tacoma, 4 cylinder, 4x4, 4 speed automatic transmission. The cheapest 4x4 I could get. The only other option is daytime running lights. While looking under the hood, I discovered an unused wiring connector with a red wire and a white wire feeding into it. This is tied off just behind the drivers side headlight and and in front of the battery.

Does anyone know what this connector goes to? I am assuming it would go to an option or package that is not on my truck, But what? The wires are too small to feed fog lights, but they could feed a relay to fog lights. Any other ideas?

2. Oct 16, 2011 at 9:07 AM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Longtime Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Silver State Edition
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s Click the sig pic to see the build thread .
  3. Oct 17, 2011 at 6:19 AM
    wolftree

wolftree [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 Regular cab automatic trans,
    Rear Leaf TSB, Bilstein 5100s, extra leaf added
    Gelo, I agree about the manual transmission being cheaper and overal a better choice with the 4 cylinder engine. But, I am a right leg amputee and use a "Left Foot" accelerator pedal that I bolt to the floor with a custom machined 2"x10"x1/2 steel plate. So I need to have an automatic transmission. This is also why I chose a Toyota Tacoma 4x4, to get me through Ohio snow on the backroad I live on.

I do not have a digital camera, so I cannot post a photo.

I was looking at these wires to hookup future fog lights upgrade. But, I think I will use a different approach, rather than these wires. I am considering using a "Accessafuse" as a power source and coming off the unused power window fuse location at the in-cab fuse block to feed the dash switch, This would then feed the foglight relay. This would give me a "switched off" circuit as well.

Rick

To Top