1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WHAT IS THIS??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MXscott14, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Jul 22, 2012 at 8:18 PM
    TacomaBuilder67

TacomaBuilder67 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    San Antonio,TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 PreRunner DCSB V6 TRD Sport MGM
    Bull Bar, KC Apollo Lights, LED interior lights, TRD Center Caps,Tailgate Anti Theft Mod,TRD Shorty antenna,

You are correct, same from '09-'12...the inverter is in the console area. The wires that go to the actual inverter is whats under the front passenger seat. The wires from the plug outlet in the bed come into the cab from underneath through a hole in the floor and connect to the wiring harness I mentioned in my earlier post.The other end of this wiring harness then plugs into the inverter located under the console. Sorry for the confusion.

2. Jul 22, 2012 at 8:33 PM
    babytruck

babytruck Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Barcelona AC 4x4 4.0 6spd
    ^^^^ You quoted me but no answer for me and my base truck? *pouts*

3. Jul 22, 2012 at 9:44 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    DAC...Downhill Assist Control.
    Get in 4Low-shift automatic into low gear-hit DAC and you crawl down a very steep decent without touching the brake pedal.

4. Jul 22, 2012 at 9:55 PM
    aptech

aptech Jetfixer

Member:
    houston
    Vehicle:
    10 dc offroad
    toy teccoil overs 2.5 lift.600lb springs, allpro expedition leaf pack. cbi hybrid bumper, cbi slider,cbi rear bumper swing arm, roof rack ghostflames, sport hood, tsb steering, trd cai, red map lights, derp works custom platform for bed. backup cam any time mod, fog light any time mod. bed light mod. 400watt inverter mod. 2857516 dura tracs. beach sand intsall and a lot more shite
    and it sound crazy lol

5. Jul 23, 2012 at 8:27 AM
    babytruck

babytruck Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Barcelona AC 4x4 4.0 6spd

Ahh thank you. No wonder I don't have it. :p

Well it ends up that without a lot of work and expense I won't be doing the inverter thing. I need to have certain things on my truck that I don't. Oh well. :(

Special thanks to Toyota Tech31 for doing some research for me this morning and getting back to me right away. That was very sweet of you to take time out of your day for me. :)

6. Jul 23, 2012 at 8:35 AM
    Toyota Tech31

Toyota Tech31 Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Debary, Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 SWB Bad ass SPORT
    Air Raid air intake, 40 Series Flowmaster Muffler, Front Turn Signals Now Turn And Park, KENWOOD HEAD UNIT W/ ALL KENWOOD SPEAKER UPGRADES AND 2-10" KENWOOD SUBS BEHIND BACK SEAT, Bilstein 5125'S In Rear W/ 1.5 AAL'S, Bilstein 5100 W/ Eibachs Up Front, LR Upper control arms, NFAB steps, Bruteforce Fab Hybrid front bumper, LP10000 SuperWinch, 2 Rigid Industries SRM-2's, OKLedlightbars 6 CREE LED lights as fogs, AVID RBG, 2 4" red ring HIDs mounted behind the grille.
    :thumbsup: Sorry it didnt end up the answer you were hoping for, but at least we know now. And that was a very easy way to determine if it is even possible or not.

7. Jul 25, 2012 at 9:27 AM
    ScreamingTaco

ScreamingTaco Huge Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off-Road AC
    Goodyear Duratracs, TRD cat-back exhaust, bed tool box, bed extender.
    I've powered a guitar amp off my truck. Worked great.

But when I tried to use an actual power tool (reciprocating saw) it kept popping the breaker. I was pretty disappointed. Haven't even bothered to see if a skilsaw will work.

Products Discussed in

To Top