1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What killed your buzz?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SlurpeeBlueMetallic, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Mar 17, 2010 at 6:09 PM
    SlurpeeBlueMetallic

SlurpeeBlueMetallic [OP] FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Member:
    For months I'd worked to find an intermittent buzz coming from behind my glove box. During that time I read many threads from folks experiencing similar problems and found a few that either helped or at least let me eliminate things. So I thought I'd add them to a single posting in the hopes of helping anyone else who might be scouring the search results.

Feel free to add more if you find them and I'll periodically move them to the top.

This post describes what finally got rid of my buzzing.

Buzzing from another wire bundle behind the glove box.

Buzzing/humming coming from loose window trim.

Buzzing from a metal bracket in the engine bay and from the gap between windshield and dashboard.

Rattle/buzz fixed with foam behind the blower and between the windshield and dashboard.

Rattle/buzz from glove box bottom support.

A/C blower motor squeak (TN article)

A/C blower motor squeak (TW article)

2. May 26, 2011 at 1:50 PM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, Backwoods Adventure Mods front and rear bumpers, etc. And some stickers.
    I called Customer Care last night to complain about several issues, one being the harsh ride with a load and the other this crazy buzzing somewhere around the passenger dash. They only came back with the one TSB for the harsh ride, which no longer includes the free Bilsteins for 2009 models and up :(

However, doing some searches I found 2 newer TSB's for the dang buzz:

T-SB-0087-10 Instrument Panel Rattle Near Glove Box
    T-SB-0106-10 Instrument Panel Rattle Below Glove Box

I will have them do these when they do my leaf springs and fix the dang squeaky brakes (again). I already replaced the 2nd stock radio that kept freaking out.

3. May 26, 2011 at 2:41 PM
    LEX

LEX --- --- --- - ----

Member:
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    100 Series LC
    There's a black plastic sheet that wraps around a bundle of wires under your glove box. I used 3 zip ties to tighten that up and got rid of my buzz.

4. May 26, 2011 at 4:26 PM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, Backwoods Adventure Mods front and rear bumpers, etc. And some stickers.
    I've removed the glove box and inside top panel twice, zip tied the crap out of everything I could find, no joy. Stuffed weatherstripping between the windshield and dash, no joy. The dealer went in once and wrapped stuff in foam, still no joy.

I'm thinking mine is the misaligned felt near the airbag bracket which is a little tough to notice, but we'll see.

5. May 26, 2011 at 4:28 PM
    CraigTRD

CraigTRD It's been a while

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tacoma TRD Pro 6M
    Will have: 6" FabTech Lift, Custom rear leaf packs. Hockey Stick Canadian Flag Mod.
    I only experienced that right after the stealership replaced the windshield. It went away on its own after a while....come to think about it. Weird....I guess enough shit collected down there and stopped the buzz.

6. May 26, 2011 at 8:10 PM
    MTBTACORN

MTBTACORN Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    23 Tacoma TRD Pro 21 Sportster S
    I get a buzz/vibration at times from around the glove box when accelerating from a stop. Is this the same problem you were experiencing? I don't hear it any other time.

7. May 27, 2011 at 12:22 AM
    2TRunner

2TRunner Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    Did what I sent you help?

8. May 27, 2011 at 9:09 PM
    jeepmor

jeepmor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Stumptown
    I had the same buzz under the glove box. Toyota failed to fix it...four times. One ziptie around the harness and metal bracket where the existing harness was connected by a ziptiewith a grommet that fastened to the metal bracket fixed it right up. No more buzz. I like my truck again. That acceleration buzz was fucking annoying as hell! It was Quaker that gave me the fix. TSB suggested a piece of foam tape, it was there from the Toyota work, but it didn't work. Zip tie cured it good.

Products Discussed in

To Top