1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What kind of binoculars should I buy?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Cutter_, May 13, 2018.

1. May 27, 2018 at 1:04 PM
    BigEasy

BigEasy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD/OR DCLB
    Nada
  2. May 27, 2018 at 1:24 PM
    Polymerhead

Polymerhead Well-Known Member

Member:
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    '18 TRD Limited Inferno...Tundra!
    With respect, you get what you pay for with glass. I would never spend $100 on binocs, because $300 binocs are almost certainly going to be 10x better in clarity, lens alignment and quality. But if you do only spend $100, look for some entry level Nikon or Leupold glass. I think they do low-end better than Vortex. Cheap Vortex is Really cheap. This is from a guy who just bought a set of Vortex Viper HDs. I love their medium/high end stuff. Hit up a Bass Pro or Cabelas and try out some sets and see what you like.

3. May 27, 2018 at 1:26 PM
    Snatch Me

Snatch Me Yeehaw

Member:
    PBC FL
    Vehicle:
    Cement TRD OR 4x4 DCSB
    If you don’t need to see well in low light (dawn/dusk) you can just buy a set of sub~$100 just about any brand will be fine unless you need high quality clarity/detail.

During full daylight most binoculars look fine for the casual user. It isn’t until conditions are unfavorable or standards are set very high, that the quality glass really becomes important.

Vortex diamondbacks are great, Nikon monarch 5 were a touch clearer imo. Both have fantastic warranty/customer service.

4. May 27, 2018 at 1:46 PM
    TWENTYCO

TWENTYCO Tree top flyer

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    North FL
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Off Road 4X4 Acess Cab
    Plenty mods on many vehicles since 1982. Current: 15 Tacoma 4X4 V6 TRD OR Access Cab Pyrite Mica- Icon full stage 7, All-Pro APEX sliders & rear Expedition Springs + custom Tampa Springs leaf spring upgrades, Timbren bump stops, u-bolt flip, Road Armor front stealth winch bumper & rear steel, Warn Vr 8000, Nitto Terra Grappler 285/75/r16, Off Grid Engineering Dual Battery system, SPod 6 switch, 2 pairs Rigid D2 spot & flood in bumper, ARE Expedition Cap, bedglide,Tru Cool 45K GVW add on transmission cooler, Re-gear to 4.56, rigid rear bumper floods, scan guage II, rigid ditch lights. full size spare on matching factory wheel, seat mods/insert, CB w/magnet mount.
    I love my Steiner’s. They have a feature that lets you focus to your vision then the depth of field is infinite. No need to zoom!

Here’s a link to their less expensive option: https://www.steiner-optics.com/legacy-products/champ-10x26

Optics are like tools and watches, buy the best you can once.... don’t keep spending 100 bucks every couple years when your cheap ones break! Also, the difference between $300.00 bino’s and $100.00 ones is like from a 1 to a 6 or 7 on the quality scale.

bucktales likes this.
  5. Aug 17, 2018 at 8:49 AM
    Ensemble88

Ensemble88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Augusta, GA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black OR DCLB
    Big ones are King suspension, SSO bumper w/winch, Pelfreybuilt sliders.
To Top