1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What leaf bushings?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by badguybuster, May 30, 2009.

1. May 30, 2009 at 7:09 PM
    badguybuster

badguybuster [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tundra Off Road SR5
    6000K HID Headlights 6000k HID Fog Lights Window visors (all 4) Tri-Fold Tonno Bedlined Rockers Bedlined Bumpers Bilstein 5100 Toytec 1/2" spacers 3" TSB Leafs and AAL's (Toytec) Differential 1" Drop Sway Bar Relocators BHLM Mod Debadged Pro Comp 7089s Hankook Dynapro 35" M/T's Billett Grill 55 watt fog lights in grill 55 watt fog lights on Pre-Runner Light Bar Rear Bilstein 5100's Flowmaster Super 10's Yellow Fog Light Mod Titanium Burl Wood Grain Dash Mod Leather Arm Rest Mod TRD Steering wheel Mod Painted Engine Cover Painted Fuse Box TRD Seat Belt Covers Bed Light Mod Extended/Braided Brake Lines Back up light mod
    My truck started that damn creaking again, so I am going to try replace the bushings on the leaf pack (front and rear). Can anyone recommend better bushings? Where to get them? Thanks

2. May 30, 2009 at 7:14 PM
    bajamoon

bajamoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    i hear you, mine are so loud and i have the good bushing's that deaver gives you. hopefully some body knows.

3. May 30, 2009 at 7:21 PM
    badguybuster

Member:
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tundra Off Road SR5
    6000K HID Headlights 6000k HID Fog Lights Window visors (all 4) Tri-Fold Tonno Bedlined Rockers Bedlined Bumpers Bilstein 5100 Toytec 1/2" spacers 3" TSB Leafs and AAL's (Toytec) Differential 1" Drop Sway Bar Relocators BHLM Mod Debadged Pro Comp 7089s Hankook Dynapro 35" M/T's Billett Grill 55 watt fog lights in grill 55 watt fog lights on Pre-Runner Light Bar Rear Bilstein 5100's Flowmaster Super 10's Yellow Fog Light Mod Titanium Burl Wood Grain Dash Mod Leather Arm Rest Mod TRD Steering wheel Mod Painted Engine Cover Painted Fuse Box TRD Seat Belt Covers Bed Light Mod Extended/Braided Brake Lines Back up light mod
    I took the whole damn leaf pack apart and lubed the shit out of it. I got ripped off on the TSB. I didn't know about this forum until my time had expired. I took it in several times for this but the dealer didn't give me the heads up, so I waited to long to get it done. I don't know what else to do, other than replacing the whole leaf pack, which would suck since it works well, just noisy. Plus, $$$$.

4. May 30, 2009 at 7:24 PM
    bajamoon

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    have you tried spraying the leafs with wd-40 or silicon lube, or have you tried power washing the leafs, i have to do the washing to them after off roading every time, i bet mine are louder than yours, mine creek when you open the tailgate.:cool:

5. May 30, 2009 at 7:31 PM
    badguybuster

Member:
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tundra Off Road SR5
    Dude, I have sprayed it with a power washer, I even drove up a deep creek trying to flush it out. It works for a day or two and then starts up again. I took the entire leaf pack apart and used white lithium grease on it (as advised on here). It helped a little but I still get noise from around the bushings on both sides. Just getting in and out of the truck it does it. :mad:
    Really pisses me off too.

6. May 30, 2009 at 7:58 PM
    bajamoon

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    i hear ya, same shit here. don't know what to do but turn up the radio. :notsure:

7. May 30, 2009 at 9:45 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell o Thor

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '13 Silverado ext cab
    look into some energy suspension polyurethane bushings. mine are nice and quiet.

8. May 31, 2009 at 4:03 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2007 4.0L 4x4 TRD Sport Access Cab A
    Advantage Torza top (tri-fold), Husky floor mats, RuffTuff seat covers, C2C hood struts, Homelink mirror, USA Spec PA15-Toy (120gig Classic & 8gig nano), Garmin Nuvi 660, Protecta Bed mat, Pop-n-lock, TSB Springs, Scangauge II, Heated drivers seat, Fumoto drain valve, Aries pushbar, PIAA 540 fog lights, Hood scoop grahics, Flowmaster 50 series dual catback exhaust, RainX Latitude windshield wipers, Husky rear floor liner (ontop of folded down seats). Console Vault.
    Greasable shackle bolts and polyurethane bushings (if they're available for tacomas).

9. May 31, 2009 at 4:39 AM
    badguybuster

Member:
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tundra Off Road SR5
    I sent an e-mail to energy suspensions. I have looked around and a lot of suppliers don't carry them for anything over a 2004. Checking other brands too, same result.

10. May 31, 2009 at 10:04 PM
    DDD

DDD Shine bright like a hymen

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 DC 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    There is one spot that always squeaks (after driving in deep water or mud). I finally pin pointed it one day and once I sprayed some silicone lube on it I was in heaven.

Between the top leaf and the second one down there is a pad (the pad in front of the axle not behind). This is exact origin of my squeaks. I wedged a large screw driver between the 2 leafs (enough to seperate the top leaf an 1/8 inch above this pad) and I sprayed the lube on the pad. It has been quiet ever since.

In other words, I think after replacing the bushings you will still have the sweak (if you dont lube the pads between the leafs).

To Top