1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

what parts you bring on the trail?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by hard2kill, May 24, 2011.

1. May 24, 2011 at 6:42 PM
    hard2kill

hard2kill [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhinebeck NY
    Vehicle:
    06 4door trd sport white 6spd
    ...315's,2in bora wheel spacers,safari snorkel,wheel spacers,bruteforcefab rear bumper and sliders,afe filter,hi-lift jack,5100 with OME 886 & 1/2in spacer,allpro expo's,icon 10in rear shox,flip kit,ss brake lines,cobra cb,fog light mod,yellow fogs,weathertech mats,fullsize spare tire and extra sport rim,tinted windows,aeroturbine 2525 muffler dumped over axle...rear diff breather mod...removed factory spare...removed 2nd air filter...THULE roof rack and fairing....bud builts front to back,allpoo front bumper,BAMF lca skids,overland Offroad roof and bed racks,
    just tryin to get fully prepared for my upcoming trips...i have an 06 trd spot 4.0 6spd.

just wondering if there are any parts prone to failure on the trail that i should pick up to have with me? cv's,u-joints, etc. ? or do we have a pretty solid truck? thanx guys

2. May 24, 2011 at 6:44 PM
    tommyc

tommyc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    tommy
    Vehicle:
    4X4 SR5, TRD
    bring everything....

3. May 24, 2011 at 6:45 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    spare tire

4. May 24, 2011 at 6:46 PM
    colinb17

colinb17 If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Lusby, MD
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    we do have pretty solid trucks, but like with anything, even good stuff breaks.

it really depends on how far you want to go with the spare parts thing. u-joints are so small and easy to carry that you might as well. some people (mainly the guys who race) go as far as taking an entire spare drive shaft. i'd assume that's more because it's faster to swap that out than pound out a u-joint with a hammer and socket. unfortunately our rear diffs aren't the strongest in relation to the rest of out trucks, so an extra ring gear and some diff oil couldn't hurt. other than that it's just your normal tools and and repair supplies (tire plugs, etc).

5. May 24, 2011 at 7:03 PM
    hard2kill

hard2kill [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhinebeck NY
    Vehicle:
    06 4door trd sport white 6spd
    ...315's,2in bora wheel spacers,safari snorkel,wheel spacers,bruteforcefab rear bumper and sliders,afe filter,hi-lift jack,5100 with OME 886 & 1/2in spacer,allpro expo's,icon 10in rear shox,flip kit,ss brake lines,cobra cb,fog light mod,yellow fogs,weathertech mats,fullsize spare tire and extra sport rim,tinted windows,aeroturbine 2525 muffler dumped over axle...rear diff breather mod...removed factory spare...removed 2nd air filter...THULE roof rack and fairing....bud builts front to back,allpoo front bumper,BAMF lca skids,overland Offroad roof and bed racks,
    kool..good to hear....yeah all tools,hi-lift jack,fullsize spare (km2's),oil,straps,duct tape,and a swiss army knife :) lol

6. May 24, 2011 at 7:12 PM
    lotsoftoys

lotsoftoys pavement is boring....

Member:
    First Name:
    Jace
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    98 lifted panda taco
    bunch of crap
    i bring lower ball joints, bolts, nuts, coolant, brake fluid, and diff fluid. bunch more... really depends on where im at though

To Top