1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

what seat heaters for katzkins leather?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bridgcat, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Oct 28, 2014 at 4:22 PM
    bridgcat

bridgcat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 4x4 SR5 TRD Offroad
    Avid Off-road Light bar w/ Line-X, American Aluminum Black LP Toolbox, N Fab black step bars,In-Channel Vent Visors, two 10" Rockford subs, Pioneer Double Din DVD player w/ Metra dash kit, 285/65R18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT/s. 18x9" Black XD Monsters. Weathertech digital fit floor mats. Color matched grille with FJ Tacoma badge. De-badged with black, "4x4" badge on tail gate. Mud flap delete mod. Custon TRD decal, color matched rear bumper, Icon extended travel reservoir coilovers, Icon rear reservoir shocks, Dakar rear leaf pack, extended stainless steel brake lines, Camburg uniball upper control arms, timeren bump stops,Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, Rockford Fosgate Door speakers, Dynomat doors and rear panel, All pro front bumper.
    Gents,
    I will be having my leather seats installed next thursday and I want to do the heated option but I don't want to pay $120 for the katzkin heaters. What heaters do you all reccomend? Ebay brands? Thanks in advance.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Oct 28, 2014 at 4:25 PM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4
    I just put katzkin leather in my wife's new (to us) 4runner. I used these seat heaters.

http://www.amazon.com/Seats-Carbon-...8605&sr=8-1&keywords=carbon+fiber+seat+heater

They work well so far testing them. it hasn't really gotten cold enough yet to use them frequently. install was pretty easy
    Are you installing yourself?

I think I'm going to pull the katzkin covers off my front seats and install these heaters in my tundra. $49 can't beat it.

3. Oct 28, 2014 at 4:28 PM
    bridgcat

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Avid Off-road Light bar w/ Line-X, American Aluminum Black LP Toolbox, N Fab black step bars,In-Channel Vent Visors, two 10" Rockford subs, Pioneer Double Din DVD player w/ Metra dash kit, 285/65R18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT/s. 18x9" Black XD Monsters. Weathertech digital fit floor mats. Color matched grille with FJ Tacoma badge. De-badged with black, "4x4" badge on tail gate. Mud flap delete mod. Custon TRD decal, color matched rear bumper, Icon extended travel reservoir coilovers, Icon rear reservoir shocks, Dakar rear leaf pack, extended stainless steel brake lines, Camburg uniball upper control arms, timeren bump stops,Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, Rockford Fosgate Door speakers, Dynomat doors and rear panel, All pro front bumper.
    Thanks, Brad! I'm going to have someone do it for me. I don't trust myself. I'd rather have someone do it who will warranty the work. My luck, I'd put a hole in it. lol

4. Oct 28, 2014 at 4:30 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I installed some heaters from http://www.heatedseatkits.com/ in my drivers clothe seat. The Innovative Heat II kit.

Here's my writeup
    http://www.lieblweb.com/heatedseat.html

I don't think you'll find anything that's much cheaper. Just remember.... It's not the easiest or quickest job to install them, so you're better off spending more money and getting something that'll last.

I've had mine for many many years now. Haven't let me down yet....

5. Oct 28, 2014 at 4:35 PM
    bridgcat

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Thanks, Jandy. I saw that link in another thread today. It still won't work. I don't know why though.

6. Oct 29, 2014 at 6:17 AM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4

You actually have to cut a hole in it. The cool thing about the carbon fiber covers is that it's ok to cut the fibers. It won't render them useless. I was worried about that too but the directions and how-to's I've read all tell you that cutting is ok. You just obviously don't want to cut too much. For the bottom cushion, I basically cut (3) 1.5" square holes for the fasteners to run through to attach the listings to the rods in the seat. I used plastic zip ties instead of hog rings just in case the hog rings might cause a short. The katzkin listings are plastic rods instead of metal as well. For the seat backs, i just cut about 4-5" off the end of the heating pad.

Products Discussed in

To Top