1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What should I pay?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by jspadaro, Aug 4, 2009.

1. jspadaro

jspadaro [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    For a new 2009 4x4 4-cylinder 5 speed access cab tacoma with _hail damage_? It has the convenience package, but NOT sr5?

The dealer said 22 until I pointed out their online ad said 20, and I still think that's way too much for a hail damaged vehicle. They get insurance money to compensate, so I don't feel bad for them - I'd just be helping them out bigtime if i was the buffoon that paid a premium for a vehicle they're getting 10k in insurance payments on! (A Guess)

2. hillbillynwv

hillbillynwv Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fairmont, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4x4 TRD V6 SR5
    Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Front Bilstein 5100's set to 1.75, Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac 265/75/R16 tires, Black WeatherTech Floor Liners, aFe Pro Dry S air filter, lighted 4x4 switch......
    What's the cost to fix the hail damage is probably the other factor to this equation?

3. jspadaro

jspadaro [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    Don't know, truck is 3 hrs away. Made it seem like the damage is relatively minor, I'd hazard a guess at a couple thousand, if I did get it fixed.

First quote he asked if i wanted that with or without paintless dent removal, and I told him I'd like a quote without, but also an estimate on how much extra the dent removal would be (so I could shop around).

He came back with "well, actually, it'll be 22 without fixing the hail damage as is, we aren't doing that anymore." !!! I laughed and told him online it said 20.2, and I still think that's FAR too high.

To Top