1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What Shrouds for Murmoto mini bi Xenon's

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by holyfield19, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Dec 24, 2011 at 1:44 PM
    RRnold

RRnold 2 wheel member

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 white DC 4WD, 94 Supra 6spd TT
    Icon Coilovers, Icon rear shocks, Demello sliders, Total Chaos UCA, AAL, Weds Adventure Hase Spec on Cooper STT 32's.
    Actually I think I might go with the FX-R kit instead. :D

2. Dec 24, 2011 at 11:07 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    they are nicer thats what i run. the fx-r has the most color out of any bi-xenon i have ever seen lol. they have an amazing color flicker and with just a little modding you can make them truly stunning!

i can say though that if your doing the work yourself retrofitting fx-rs is going to be a good bit more involved than the H1's. depending on your skill and level of experience.

keep this in mind also if your not going to run 55 watt ballast you might as well stick with the mini as they are pretty much equal in terms of performance. the mini has a little less color on average and the beam will be give or take a lane or so more narrow you will never notice a small difference like this when driving down the road trust me.

so imo if i where you save yourself the money get the H1's get the 5k or 4300k bulbs and enjoy an extremely nice 35 watt set-up. or get the fx-rs and have pretty much the same headlights for more money and more effort to install.

only if your running 55 watts does the fx-r have the advantage imo. i have had both projectors run both ways in my truck.

also and this may sound silly but, is your truck lifted or not? what model of tacoma do you have if your rolling around in a 5 lugger the foreground limiter on the fx-r will be much more apparent than if you where in a higher truck like mine. the mini has no foreground limiter so therefore it has better light directly in front of the truck.

if your rolling stock height and plan to keep it that way the H1 is the way to go. if you in a lifted truck and want some of the brightest lights you can have go with the fx-r and 55 watts.

hope this helps.

3. Dec 25, 2011 at 2:42 AM
    ToyFanatic

ToyFanatic Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Germany
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD OR, Grey
    Weathertech's, Ipod Adptr, PIAA Fogs, AFE Stage 2 Si intake, DT Long Header, URD Y pipe, Wet Okole seat covers, Rockford Fosgate sound, and soon the URD 3" Exhaust
    Sorry if the answer to my question is already posted but I am only able to be online about 30mins a day... So to my question.

The kit I am looking at is the
    Bi-xenon: Morimoto Mini H1 4.1

• Shrouds: 3) Gatling 2.0
    • Bulbs: H1: Morimoto 3Five 6000K
    Is this kit a "plug n play" or do other mods need to be done? Also, since I was locked out of my paypal account for trying to access it while here in Afghanistan, :mad: can I place my order online via credit card with the discount code?

4. Dec 25, 2011 at 9:13 AM
    holyfield19

holyfield19 [OP] GO TIGERS!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD Sport 4X4
    Busted CV boots and lots of squeaks.
    You will have to seperate the lens from the rest of the housing to get the projector in, other than that it should be plug and play with the wiring harnesses. and yes you can pay with your c.c. and still use the discount code.

5. Dec 25, 2011 at 5:19 PM
    RRnold

RRnold 2 wheel member

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 white DC 4WD, 94 Supra 6spd TT
    Icon Coilovers, Icon rear shocks, Demello sliders, Total Chaos UCA, AAL, Weds Adventure Hase Spec on Cooper STT 32's.
    Mmm, so you recommend the 55 for the FX-R's. I'm almost certain that the guys @ TRS hate right now because I keep changing my order every day! :D Is it a trade off, 55W @ 5000K and 35W @ 4300K to get the whitest light? HIDs run cooler (temp wise) than halogen so do the 55W generate more heat compared to the 35W or it's not even noticable?

My truck is a lifted 4WD '05 double cab on Donahoes F/R. I don't mind the extra challenge of fabricating and I work on my motorcycles in my garage so I have the necessary tools to get the job done and I believe this is something I can handle. I'm sort of a perfectionist so I'm buying an extra set of headlights and taking my time on this mod.

I've been reading a lot threads about this mod so I really appreciate the extra advice from you! :cheers:

6. Jan 27, 2012 at 12:41 AM
    TacoSuZuki

TacoSuZuki Member

Member:
    Gardena, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Sport
    Weather Tech Floor Mats, Wet Okole Covers, LED interior
    Hey Stunt man like your setup. I'm fairly new to this and want to do something similar to yours. I'm planning to jump on the group buy for MH1 Stage III kit. Is the install with the ccfl fairly easy for someone with no experience? You mentioned that you need trimming if you use the MC-Rs. Or would it be easier if I just get the gattling gun? How long do those ccfl's last? Do you have to open the headlight up and replace them once they go out? Any feedback would help, thanks!

Products Discussed in

To Top