1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What the 2nd amendment is really for

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Bassetdad, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Jun 29, 2009 at 12:23 PM
    Bassetdad

Bassetdad [OP] What if God Smoked Cannabis

Member:
    Harrison, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2001 De-Badged SR5 Access Cab 2.7 / 5m
    Access Tononu Cover AFE Pro-Dry S Drop-in Filter American Mag Wheels Bilstein 5100's Black Billet Grill Clear Taillights Perma-Tech sprayed Kennesaw Mountain Rear Bumper Michelin Tires PIAA Driving Lights PIAA Headlights Piaa Tail Light Bulbs Tinted Windows – 50% Toytech AAL URD Short Shifter Tranny - Mobil 1 Engine - Mobil 1 Custom Three Bike In Bed Rack New Toyota Undercoated Frame Clear LED 3rd Brake Light
    Texas state representative, Suzanna Gratia-Hupp, whose parents were killed by an insane gunman while her gun was out in the car, gives very moving and bold testimony about the REAL reason that the second amendment was designed to protect our God-given right to keep and bear arms</SPAN>

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4069761537893819675

2. Jun 29, 2009 at 5:38 PM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    good video for the Brady Group to watch. i have to disagree about this being "the" reason for the 2nd ammendment though. people didn't do stuff like this back in the day. the real reason for the second amendment in my opinion, is to allow us to protect ouselves from an overbearing government...just as the patriots in the revolutionary war did. they had the foresight to "build in" a way for the citizens to overcome their government if they ever needed to again. just imagine if they had gun control in 1775...fish & chips anyone? this nation was birthed with guns. now there are many (including the gooberment) who wish to do away with firearms...under the guise of safety.

3. Jun 30, 2009 at 5:21 AM
    ERdept

ERdept Well-Known Member

Member:
    I agree with the above as one of the major reasons for the 2nd amendment. But in addition to the above reason, the right to self-defense and self-protection, to be unharmed by those wishing to harm you seems an inherent right.

No animal lies down to die when attacked. No matter how large it's foe, enemy or predator, it will attack back.

A mouse in your hands may be killed easily, but yet, it inherently wants to live and will bite you.

As well, our rights to continue living unharmed, seems inherent. So, in addition to the above right to bear arms in defense of the country and in defense from the government, I also see that we have rights to self preservation.

4. Jun 30, 2009 at 11:07 AM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    self preservation goes without saying. (including family) another big one for me is the ability to prvide food for myself & family. yes, i can do this also with a bow, but not nearly as efficiently.

5. Jun 30, 2009 at 11:46 AM
    Kenobe

Kenobe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Sport
    My meat comes packaged and cold. No need to shoot anything and I don't have to walk around in the woods (hehe)

Products Discussed in

To Top