1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What the ****

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by lonecountryboy, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Sep 2, 2011 at 3:51 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    Mr Toyoda himself was shown on national TV with tears of shame running down his face after he admitted that his product quality had gone down the tubes. Many of us on this forum have legitimate complaints about our trucks' quality. Toyota is still charging a premium price for what is percieved to be a superior product. I believe that margin of higher quality is wearing thin.

I think what the OP is mad about is not that the truck needs work at 95K miles. He's mad that Toyota advertised that truck new as being superior, and now the dealer that's selling it used is singing that same tune, and the he's paid for that percieved extra value that isn't there.

I knew when I bought my truck that it was not going to be without flaws. I should have done more reading because it has more flaws than I expected. But the bottom line for me was resale value because "it's a Toyota". Hopefully when I go to sell it, that will still be seen as the huge plus that it once was.

OP: Go ream the dealership that sold it to you. They implied you were getting a vehicle that was free of any major problems and well maintained. Wheel bearings coming apart at highway speeds is a major problem and they should take care of it.

2. Sep 3, 2011 at 5:57 AM
    11TRD

11TRD MERICA

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD SPORT 4X4 DC
    Cobra 29 WXNWBT, Devil Horns, ARB Bumper, Avid Stepbars, Homer Taco Satoshi thin lip grille, ICON UCA's, ICON EXT Travel up front with King 700# springs, Dakar heavy springs, sumo bump stops, with ICON VS 2.0 shocks in the rear, K&N Drop In, AVS Ventshades and Bugflector, Whelen SPS 660 emergency strobes, Redline Hood struts and tailgate EZdown, Illuminated 4X4 Switch, TRD Floor mats, Flyzeye LED lighting, Kragen 7" HID behind grille, Kragen 4" HID back up lights, Rigid SR Series 10" LEDx2 Elusive elements Lightbar, Firestik antenna, Rear Diff breather mod, Fogs anytime, Hitch Safe, OEM door sill strips, mryo mirror relocate bracket, Prinsu designs roof rack, Tepui Autana RTT, ARB Awning,Engo 10k winch synthetic, Blue seas fuse block and breaker, ARE Topper
    /\ /\ /\ This!! :cheers:

3. Sep 3, 2011 at 9:04 AM
    babytruck

babytruck Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Barcelona AC 4x4 4.0 6spd
    Not necessarily true! Within the Lexus club and forum that I'm in, we've noticed that along our windshields the seal is brittle and cracking. Some of us had chunks missing. No matter what year the cars were (06-09) they all had the problem. Some of us were out of warranty, and the people who still had them were denied due to "exposure to the elements".

So rather than get upset about it, I wanted to show them how widespread it really was.

I myself talked to corporate, sent pics of my car, showed the car to service managers, printed out the many pics of members cars, showed them discussions on the forum about it, etc. My car has always been garaged and was the newest one with the problem with the lowest miles. AND it was corporate owned....

After about 2 weeks of "work" (me doing all this) they finally agreed to replace mine and because of that, the other club members are now having theirs replaced with a new upgraded rubber seal.

Granted it's not an emergency safety issue, but if the seals on the windshield fail, the glass is not secure while you are driving freeway speeds.

Thank you, Lexus Corporate!! :)

Products Discussed in

To Top