1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What Tires & COLOR rims should I get?

Discussion in '5 Lug' started by KevSab7, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Nov 19, 2011 at 1:48 PM
    KevSab7

KevSab7 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Hollywood, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Access Cab 4cyl
    I'm a new threader here!!

TIRES- Looking to add some new tires on my tacoma. I'm LOOKING to put on 235/75/15 & I dont know where to start. I know people on this website know their stuff. I'm not rich so I'm not trying to spend a fortune but I wouldnt mind spending money on decent off-road looking tires.

BLACK RIM- I have the manufacture rims on my truck and i'm looking to paint them black. Any suggestion on HOW and WHAT color black I should use?

YOU GUYS ARE THE EXPERTS & I APPRECIATE ALL THE SUGGESTIONS..:D

2. Nov 19, 2011 at 2:41 PM
    saugus

saugus Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    bfgood or michelin a/t if you have the cash.

Here are some that are top of the line but may not look badass if that's what you're into:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...AT2OWLXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

I put m/s 2's on mine and cleaned the rims with comet and a tooth brush. Tonight I will plastidip them and may paint the caps flat black. If the plastidip wears off then I will probably paint them with cans.

3. Nov 19, 2011 at 2:51 PM
    seksilumpia

seksilumpia Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    El Dorado Hills
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport DCSB
    Performance mods: TRD CAI, AFE throttle body spacer, Doug Thorley headers, TRD exhaust. Cosmetic mods: HID 10k head+3k fog lights, BHLM, T-rex 2 eyelids, billet grill (5 piece), 20% front window tint, 4% back window tint, tinted 3rd brake light, altezza tail lights, LED license plate lights, door skid protectors, slotted drilled rotors,plasti dip rims,painted rotor and drums. Interior mods: TRD seat covers, LED map and dome lights, 2 kicker 10' w/ 500 watt amp, pioneer door speakers,and Pioneer AVIC X930BT.
    i would get a BFG TA KO tire..Its a nice well known brand and its not too expensive. Michelin now owns BFG and also does Michelin testing on a BFG tires. I would at all cost stay away from Goodyear just personal preference, I just dont like the way ALL Goodyears are made. I just feel the material in the belts are not as well made other than the Goodyear Silent Armour which has kevlar in the belts.I work at Sams club tires.And a BFG tire sounds to fit your budget and what you need it for so a BFG TA KO is what i would recommend to you...and im cheap with rims so i plasti dipped mine and its holding great so far..18.00 solution and easy to do

4. Nov 19, 2011 at 3:46 PM
    MowTaco

MowTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas/Iowa/South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    04 5 Lug Xtracab
    Fabtech 3" Spindles, 2" Beefed Shackles, Front light bar with 4 7" HIDs mounted, Magnaflow Exhaust, and "Taco" Badges
    I have Goodyear Wrangler Radials on mine that are that size. They're not m y favorite looking tire but they were dirt cheap and they're surprisingly good offroad and in snow.

5. Nov 29, 2011 at 9:32 AM
    KevSab7

KevSab7 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Hollywood, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Access Cab 4cyl
    Thanks for all the help. I'm definitely leaning toward BFG. Now I'm just looking for a place to do them at a affordable price. If anyone knows of any GOOD online stores to buy from or any in south florida that have recommendations, I'd also appreciate that. THANKS AGAIN!

To Top