1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What to do when being PULLED OVER!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by skistoy, May 9, 2011.

1. May 9, 2011 at 6:50 PM
    thebottomline

thebottomline Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pac NW
    Vehicle:
    11 sport
    Your last point is the key. You aren't a local. I'm talking local officers.
    When you are out of state or from the southern part here you get treated different. That being said, based on my observations nobody in west virginia is going to be pulled over for that type of thing. The trucks I've seen here are the extreme of the extreme mods. They pass state inspection with ease.

2. May 9, 2011 at 6:51 PM
    TacoMal

TacoMal Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    California
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road Dbl cab
    Wet Okole's, Relentless Sliders, Plasti Dipped badges and wheels
  3. May 9, 2011 at 7:00 PM
    The Big O

The Big O Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Lyndhurst, New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    '11 Taco 4x4 SR5 - Black

Hit the nail on the head there!

4. May 9, 2011 at 8:01 PM
    Monkeysuncle

Monkeysuncle My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma SR5 4x4 5 speed Manual Hubs
    Diff Breather,CB thingy,GPS,Cop Shocks,Cop Brakes, old Man Emu 881's Dakar Leaf Springs and Nitro sport shocks. Deck Plate mod
    Driving back from Georgia to Florida, I was in the pass. seat, my brother was driving, we swerved to miss a truck that made crazy lane change right in front of 2 GA state HWP in new Dodge Challengers or Chargers, but either way they were on us in a flash. Pulled over. He is asked to get out, I sit there, back pack on floor board, with my 9 mm in a snap case inside. Second HWP askes me to get out so he can search, I said sure, my dog was in back seat, so I asked if I can put him on leash, yes he said, Oh, BTY I have a pistol, how yould you like do this? I gave him my bag he puts it on hood of car unloads it, , takes me to the back of car, my brother was at front, I give all my information and Permit, then they switch and ask us the same questions. In the back seat was 3 zip lock bags full of farmers market fresh oregano, thyme, basil from a market in my parents town. Man did their eyes get big.:eek:
    When they finally decided we weren't drug runners they took off and told me to only load my gun when they were out of sight, good times, very good HWP guys, good story to tell mom and dad.

5. May 9, 2011 at 8:18 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    no it doesnt

SLED issued CWP and SCDMV ID cards look alike but customer numbers are different between the 2 agencies...and they are not linked

6. May 9, 2011 at 8:18 PM
    Mxpatriot

Mxpatriot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 AP LT and Locked
    Two reasons. First is to check and make sure the trunk is latched, in case someone was hiding back there. Second is because it leaves my finger print on the car.

7. May 9, 2011 at 8:24 PM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    bingo

8. May 9, 2011 at 8:26 PM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    And folks...please stop digging for your paperwork before I've made my approach to the vehicle and requested it

9. May 9, 2011 at 8:36 PM
    BLUVVV

BLUVVV LARGE Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryce
    Valley Center, CA
    Vehicle:
    11' A/C TRD O-R PreRunner
    flowmaster 40, blackout headlights, 10'' infinity subwoofer, custom rear enclosure, kicker mono amp. 5100's set at 2.5'', 32'' pro Comp Xtreme M/T tires, Pioneer dub din head unit, K&N CAI, MB Motorsports V-Drive rims

false: my friend lost a cop down this road:

anthony.jpg

Its a crazy skinny rd. with a ton on hair-pin turns, he ended up hitting off road and hiding in the orange grove at the end of the red line.... very hard, not impossible. But unless you are a race car driver (like he is) I don't recommend it!

10. May 9, 2011 at 8:42 PM
    moe1967

moe1967 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD DC Off-Road PreRunner
  11. May 9, 2011 at 8:43 PM
    Mxpatriot

Mxpatriot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 AP LT and Locked
    +1

Honestly being able to quickly produce a current license, current registration and current proof insurance without digging through the center console or glove box is very influential to you not getting a ticket.

12. May 10, 2011 at 2:39 AM
    TacoTabe

TacoTabe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Northeast PA
    Vehicle:
    '93 pickup

So are you saying that you've been stopped twice for doing 5mph over? Just curious, because 1-5mph over the limit is not a ticketable offense here in florida...

13. May 10, 2011 at 3:56 AM
    Caduceus

Caduceus Well-Known Member

Member:
    in the Bluegrass
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD 4x4

14. May 10, 2011 at 4:23 AM
    o5iiawah

o5iiawah Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Philly 'burbs, PA
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x2 access cab 2.7l
    One time, I was meeting my buddies for a camping trip in Gainesville but lost them after we got out of the bar and rather than stagger around the city (or drive) I decided to sleep in my car since it was right across from our meeting point for the next morning. Well As I get in the car, a cop races to the scene and starts harassing me that I shut the door and got in when I saw her so I must be guilty of something. Very respectfuly, i tell her my story, show her the key and say that this is my car but she isn't buying it.

By now there's 3 squad cars on the scene. She asks for my registration so I go for the glove box and she yells at me no sudden movements and that she'll get it. Pulls the registration, runs it, squeaky clean. While she's in the car, there's another cop talking to me and I just tell him that I got out of the bar, lost my friends and I'd be meeting him there in 2 hours...is it ok if I sleep in my car here? The cop looks surprised, and says to me "Is that why where's here? Jeez, uh, yeah you're cool just be careful." he goes back to the cop, gets my paperwork and gets it back to me.

3 years later, I'm driving in Gainesville work work at 3am during a call out. It was a really misty night and one of my taillights was flickering. I got pulled over by the same bitch cop who starts peering the inside of my car, sees all my tools (test equipment, clam shells, hand tools, etc) and starts freaking out, says she has notes in her system from my license that I was beliggerent and uncooperative during a stop 3 years ago and she doesn't trust my story that I'm out trying to work, that i have police scanner equipment or something. She has to call another officer to check out my tools to make sure they are legal.

So again, another officer comes, I show him a few of the tools that I have and he used to be a cell tech like me. He asks why I got pulled over and I tell him taillight flickering. he said to finish what I had to do in gainesville and get it fixed when I could and that he was sorry for the trouble.

Moral of the Cool Story Bro is sometimes some cops are total bitches and there's nothing you can do. Take your ticket if they want to give one to you and move on.

15. May 10, 2011 at 4:32 AM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    X1
    :p

16. May 10, 2011 at 4:33 AM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    Subbed

17. May 10, 2011 at 4:34 AM
    yotamikez

yotamikez Street glide or die

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Valrico
    Vehicle:
    04 civic & 08 Street glide
    Negative. I said "previous truck" (dakota) in my tacoma I go no more than 5mph over.

The times I got pulled over before I totally understand the cop was doing his job. First one was 63mph in a 45mph, and second was a 71mph in a 45mph. Since then I have learned my lesson and treat my vehicle allot different. So no one get on a soap box about speeding :cool:. I agree be respectful and all, but seriously im not going to kiss any cops ass and make him feel like a big man. He can stroke me the ticket and i'll just pay the bitch.

18. May 10, 2011 at 4:35 AM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    I dont think anyone here has said kiss an officer's ass...

Polite, respectful, honest and to the point

19. May 10, 2011 at 4:40 AM
    yotamikez

yotamikez Street glide or die

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Valrico
    Vehicle:
    04 civic & 08 Street glide

I hear what your saying my dad was a cop and I heard a boat load of shit from him. He just told me have nothing to hide and don't lie and it will go smooth. So im in the clear.

And the ass kissing I was referring to is the "sir" thing. Maybe some people were raised that way but it ticked my dad off.

20. May 10, 2011 at 5:05 AM
    Apricotshot

Apricotshot Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Henry
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    TRD CAI
    FL it doesn't come up. DL database and FCIC are two different databases. Not sure if even FCIC has CCW info.

Products Discussed in

To Top