1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What to do?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bigreeler, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Oct 18, 2010 at 7:47 PM
    bigreeler

bigreeler [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Ontario, Ca
    Another TSB question regarding the leaf. So I called my Toyota Dealer today here in Califorina where I puchased my 2010 Toyota Tacoma 4dr PreRunner from. I talked to the service adviser and he act like he never heard of this issue before. He wanted me to bring in the truck during a week day and that would conflict with my working hours for a test load and drive it while under pressure. Which would require me to miss a day of work and if the work is needed then he would order the parts and would require me to come back another day for the install which means I will miss a second day of work. So my question is I know I only have 3 leafs on the truck and I do have the Yellow Bilstiens Stock Shocks so could I just add a leaf on my own to correct this problem? Or is there more to it? I plan on adding Bilstiens 5100 all around and I read you can add a leaf to help level out the truck. So will this correct the TSB issue? Or am I missing anything? I am a newbie here.

Thanks for reading and responding

2. Oct 18, 2010 at 7:50 PM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    Call a different dealer. Or print a copy of the TSB and fax it to him. If that doesn't work call Toyota directly. The dealer in my area pretended not to know about it and I had to "educate" them. It took a couple of phone calls but I got it done.

3. Oct 18, 2010 at 7:54 PM
    Sinister

Sinister Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vegas
    Vehicle:
    11 Super White TRD Off-Road
    WeatherTech Liners, ICON Stage 3 front and back, ICON UCAs, ICON AAL
  4. Oct 18, 2010 at 8:17 PM
    bigreeler

bigreeler [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Ontario, Ca
    I will give it a try and a call to Crown tomorrow

Thanks again

5. Oct 19, 2010 at 3:18 AM
    TRDsport253

TRDsport253 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Edgewood, Wa
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD sport 4x4
    TRD Wheels TRD Skid plate

6. Oct 19, 2010 at 3:26 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    It's not really "the same." Most AALs are made to lift, not to adjust load capacity. They will make the leaf pack a bit stiffer so it will probably handle the loads you might put in it better. So it will mostly get rid of the problem...but you will most likely end up with some lift too.

7. Oct 19, 2010 at 4:35 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    The TSB is not a recall so it's not something the dealer is going to do automatically. If you call them up and just say you want a TSB done and have no reason for wanting them to do the work, they're going to fight you on it. This TSB was created because some of the 3 leaf packs were too soft and were bottoming out with a load in the bed. If you are not experiencing this, you don't need the TSB completed. The dealer did not tell you they wouldn't do it, they want to confirm the TSB is in fact needed on your truck. I got the dealership to give me a loaner car while they did the work also so you shouldn't have to miss work to have the TSB completed.

8. Oct 19, 2010 at 11:39 AM
    bigreeler

bigreeler [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Ontario, Ca
    Thanks Everyone for the advise. I'm working on it and making some calls.

Thanks again, TW Members

Products Discussed in

To Top