1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What type brakes on back of 2001

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas' started by Ricky B, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Ricky B

Ricky B [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maumelle, Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2001 Crew Cab 4x4
    hey guys could you tell me what type of brakes I run on the back of the 2001 double cab 4x4. I think they are drum?? Rick

2. Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2007 4.0L 4x4 TRD Sport Access Cab A
    Advantage Torza top (tri-fold), Husky floor mats, RuffTuff seat covers, C2C hood struts, Homelink mirror, USA Spec PA15-Toy (120gig Classic & 8gig nano), Garmin Nuvi 660, Protecta Bed mat, Pop-n-lock, TSB Springs, Scangauge II, Heated drivers seat, Fumoto drain valve, Aries pushbar, PIAA 540 fog lights, Hood scoop grahics, Flowmaster 50 series dual catback exhaust, RainX Latitude windshield wipers, Husky rear floor liner (ontop of folded down seats). Console Vault.
    Drums....

Take a look back there. If you see a rusted looking bowl shaped thing - it's drums. That's what they came with from the factory.

3. Ricky B

Member:
    Maumelle, Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2001 Crew Cab 4x4
    Ok they are drums and the parts department are telling me they could be 10" or 11" I thought somebody may know. Thanks Rick

4. Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2007 4.0L 4x4 TRD Sport Access Cab A
    Advantage Torza top (tri-fold), Husky floor mats, RuffTuff seat covers, C2C hood struts, Homelink mirror, USA Spec PA15-Toy (120gig Classic & 8gig nano), Garmin Nuvi 660, Protecta Bed mat, Pop-n-lock, TSB Springs, Scangauge II, Heated drivers seat, Fumoto drain valve, Aries pushbar, PIAA 540 fog lights, Hood scoop grahics, Flowmaster 50 series dual catback exhaust, RainX Latitude windshield wipers, Husky rear floor liner (ontop of folded down seats). Console Vault.
    Yeah, that sounds about right. Toyota drums on the 1st gens were about 11" in diameter.

5. stucksucksnayota

stucksucksnayota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Barry
    Fort Smith, Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    14 Taco 4x4 TRD Sport DCSB
    OEM roof rack, Shorty antenna (eBay), soft tonneau cover, K&N drop in air filter, bed mat, interior LED lights, 5100's, MT tires to come soon!!!
    Ya I ran into the same questions when I went to buy some new brake shoes for mine but mine measured out to be around 11"

6. Ricky B

Member:
    Maumelle, Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2001 Crew Cab 4x4
    Thanks guys, I'm going to get both just to be safe and take one back. Rick

7. Ricky B

Member:
    Maumelle, Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2001 Crew Cab 4x4
    Ok it was the 11". But when I looked at the brakes they were glazed so I took some sandpaper and sanded until I could see the metalic and then sanded inside the drum. That was a easy fix and I had 3/4 pad left. Also tighten up the emergcybrake while I was in there. Hope this helps.

To Top