1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What was your first vehicle......

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by chris4x4, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Jun 13, 2008 at 9:45 PM
    kingfishndude

kingfishndude NoN Affiliated RedNeck Rebel

Member:
    Southern Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 DBLE Cab Tacoma
    3" lift warn transformer grill guard m8000 winch Smitty built nerf bars TRD off road package full time fog mod daytime running lights Custom made tool box
    1949 chevy panel van
    was metal and rust in color brother gave it to me
    after a fire burned everything even the paint.
    I rewired it used a milk crate for a seat and taught myself to
    drive a 3 on the tree.
    Spent alot of time on my back learning to drive a clutch and useally the milk crate would roll out from under me,it would useally just lugg along till I either
    got up are it hit a tree are a fence, mailbox :eek:
    I sure spent alot of time in my youth fixing things i broke with that old panel

2. Jun 13, 2008 at 10:49 PM
    05PreRunner

05PreRunner "Living life in the FAST lane..."

Member:
    <-(714)-> SO-CAL
    TRD intake, JBA "shorty" headers, URD y-pipe
    1995 Ford Ranger. (very similiar to the one pictured below) Damn that thing was tiny!
    [​IMG]

3. Jun 14, 2008 at 12:48 AM
    Anthony999

Anthony999 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Glendale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    MB Seven X Wheels, Hankook Optima Tires, Billet Grille, Blacked out headlights tailights and third brake light, LEER 700 Series tonneau cover, Blacked out emblems, Wolo air horn, Sony Xplod stereo, 8" Bazooka subwoofer, painted to match bumpers, leather arm rests.
  4. Jun 14, 2008 at 12:49 AM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    That's a boring story. You'll never make it in Hollywood.

:thumbsup:

5. Jun 14, 2008 at 12:57 AM
    Anthony999

Anthony999 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Glendale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    MB Seven X Wheels, Hankook Optima Tires, Billet Grille, Blacked out headlights tailights and third brake light, LEER 700 Series tonneau cover, Blacked out emblems, Wolo air horn, Sony Xplod stereo, 8" Bazooka subwoofer, painted to match bumpers, leather arm rests.
    w

6. Jun 14, 2008 at 1:01 AM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    That's MUCH better!

7. Jun 14, 2008 at 3:32 AM
    Robbie

Robbie Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma 4 x 4
    Bed mat, seat cover.
    A 1972 Toyota Corona, 4 door sedan, in sky blue. My wife and I purchased it new after our marriage. Took that car all over the north east. In '76 it took her to the hospital when our first son was born.
    Car died in 79, I think, when the tranny went. Sold it for scrap. But what memories.

8. Jun 14, 2008 at 5:46 AM
    beondwacko

beondwacko Well-Known Member

Member:
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Vehicle:
    08' X-Runner , Sirius radio, fog light mod. Much more to go.
    ALrighty,

The first car that I owned was a 73' 2 door Nova with a 307" 2bbl and a TH350 trans. The car was in decent shape from the doors forward, but really bad from the doors back. It also had a blown head gasket, but it ran well. I was only 15 at the time and I never got it on the road.

The first car I ever had on the road was a 77' Chevrolet Monza with a 305 2bbl and a TH200 auto slushbox. I ended up doing a lot of work to the Monza. 2 engine swaps, 2 transmission swaps, 1 rear end swap, paint, full interior, frame connectors, full dual exhaust with supertrapps, all kinds of stuff. With a non posi rear in it, it was a horror to launch but it would light up the right rear tire on the 1-2 shift at 60 mph for about 100 feet !

[​IMG]

9. Jun 14, 2008 at 7:40 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    If I can remember correctly, a 1980 Plymouth Horizon. It was a piece....(of crap that is). Got it when I was 18. I swear it only had 3 cylinders - or only ran on 3 of them. It was white.... and I had it for many many years. It got me to college & back (4hour drive) packed to the gills with college stuff (I lived in the dorm). And that is where I learned a lot about cars and working on them.... This thing - had tons of issues and I'm amazed it didn't leave me sit on the roadway more often than it did during those 4 hour treks from home to school.

I remember vividly - the radiator hose blowing out in a terential downpour. My friend and I started walking - it was a long walk to the next exit. They say you should never accept rides from strangers.......but, this nice young guy stopped to give us a ride. I figured.... there was two of us, and one of him -we'd take our chances. There are good people in the world...ya just don't know when to take those chances.

I remember using the hammer on the starter several times, using wire clothes hanger to get it started (in traffic). I bought a starter and replaced it in the dorm parking lot with an el-cheapo kmart tiny box sockets. Doing my own oil changes, etc.

A girlfriend of mine side swiped the entire side when she was trying to park. She had this big honking boat of a car. This is where I experimented with body repair. I repaired (bondo) the entire thing, painted it... It was better than it was and the car was still a piece ..... of ART, yeah, that's is....it was ART. ;) That same girlfriend sat on my hood and dented it. :rolleyes:

Well, we finally had to put it to rest (junkyard). It consistantly ran on only 3 cylinders and was leaking coolant like a sieve. Wish I had pictures of it... those are the things you wished you remember most....

10. Jun 14, 2008 at 7:41 AM
    gavonder

gavonder She's Kickass!

Member:
    Ct
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    Sunroof, Leer Cap w/ Thule rack, Factory Running Boards, Fog Light Mod, Hood Struts, Scangauge, w/homemade mirror mount, AC/Defrost mod, Rear Spring TSB, TRD Center Caps
    A '77 Triumph TR-7. It had dual carbs with diaphragms - what a pain it was to get them synchronized. It was a fun car though!

GA

TR-7.jpg
    TR-7 Interiror.jpg

11. Jun 14, 2008 at 7:52 AM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    thats still a cool car. my dad has a 58'(im pretty sure anyway) triumph tr-250 with the inline v-6 that he is restoring. pretty awesome, and he is changing it over to fuel injection.

12. Jun 14, 2008 at 7:58 AM
    famousfernando

famousfernando Well-Known Member

Member:
    oregon
    Vehicle:
    2007 tacoma trd package 6" fabtech l
    1947 chevy coup with a 350 small block, camoro front clip man i miss that car :(

13. Jun 14, 2008 at 8:02 AM
    ChrisDeSoup

ChrisDeSoup Come on, Touch it......

Member:
    Up in ya
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner Sport
    Seatbelt Ding Mod All Weather Mats Gate Lock MOD Rear Spring TSB
    old beat up 1969 LeMans..... all my friends called it the lemon

14. Jun 14, 2008 at 8:14 AM
    squad314

squad314 Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    They didn't mind you driving them around in it though I'll bet.:D

15. Jun 14, 2008 at 11:07 AM
    joedirt

joedirt Hallow

Member:
    Ploeśti
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    My buddy had a monza in high school. We beat the snot out of it.

Nice mullet. :D

16. Jun 14, 2008 at 11:20 AM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    Heres my SE-R. This is the night I bought it. About 30 minutes after this pic I encountered its first problem, power steering motor. About two weeks after this pic the dealer ruined the clear coat by buffing it to hell and back. They buffed every last inch of the vehicle while I had it in for service after I specifically told them not to buff my vehicle.

[​IMG]

I couldn't bare looking at it after the dealer did that. Paying $250 a month for insurance on a car that has a ruined paintjob and has spent half the time you owned it in the shop is extremely infuriating.

17. Jun 14, 2008 at 12:46 PM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    which shows what zombies work at dealers-what could possess one to buff a completely flawless surface??? THAT is 'tool' personified (have the same prob at mine)

18. Jun 14, 2008 at 4:48 PM
    gavonder

gavonder She's Kickass!

Member:
    Ct
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    Sunroof, Leer Cap w/ Thule rack, Factory Running Boards, Fog Light Mod, Hood Struts, Scangauge, w/homemade mirror mount, AC/Defrost mod, Rear Spring TSB, TRD Center Caps
    It's probably a '68. I don't think they made them that early. Those are very cool though, with the large wheels, the precursor to the TR-6.

I kind of moved toward the German cars, but there is something that I still really like about the British sports cars.

GA

19. Jun 14, 2008 at 5:03 PM
    silver07taco

silver07taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    COIL
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    13 Tundra RCSB 5.7 4x4,07 Tacoma AC 4.0 4x4
    2013 Tundra RCSB 5.7 4x4, 2007 Tacoma AC 4.0 4x4
    95 Ford ranger drove out of a field from a friends house. I had it a month the cluch went out and it wasnt worth fixing.

20. Jun 14, 2008 at 6:14 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....

yeah, i think you are right.......now that ya mention it.....i do believe its a 68 instead of a 58:eek:....my bad! and the knock off wheels look way better and fill out the fender wells a bit better than the old wire spoke stock wheels. i'll post up a pic when the car is complete.

Products Discussed in

To Top