1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What Would You Do?

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by Mr. Brown, Sep 13, 2010.

?

What would you choose

Poll closed Oct 13, 2010.
  1. Air Marshal's now

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  2. FBI later

9 vote(s)
    64.3%
  1. Sep 13, 2010 at 9:43 PM
    Mr. Brown

Mr. Brown [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    White Double Cab Off Road
    Suspensiopn: Donahoe coil overs, Donahoe rear reservoir shocks, Light Racing UCA's, Wheelers AAL's, Exterior: Powder-coated black billet grill, Hella Black Magic fog lights, color matched rear bumper, color matched side mirrors, undercover tonneau cover, Interior: Alpine W203 w/ Blackbird II, Weathertech Floor-liners, blue gauge light mod, Performance: AFE Stage II Intake, Banks exhaust, single cat y-pipe, Dynomat hood-liner, NST Performance pulleys, URD MAF calibrator
    I'm Basically trying to decide whether or not to apply for the Air Marshals(GS7) or go to college and then apply to the FBI(GS10).

Long version: I just finished my second tour in the Coast Guard. My Father-in-Law had been asking me to come work for him for a long time and made a lot of promises about how I would be taken care of. Well, I got out based on his word, and his promises were a little harder to keep than he thought it would be. I've been working for almost two months and he still hasn't been able to pay me. I want to help this guy out but I have to consider taking care of my family before anything else. A friend of mine in the Air Marshals has bee asking me to apply for a while and now they are hiring locally. My other options would be to keep working with my father-in-Law and use the post 911 GI bill to subsidize my income enough to scrape by for two or three years, go to college and apply for what I would consider a better LEO position in the FBI.

2. Sep 13, 2010 at 9:49 PM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    College and FBI would be my choice. Good luck with whatever you chose.

3. Sep 13, 2010 at 9:49 PM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
    FBI later

4. Sep 13, 2010 at 9:50 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD .....

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD DCSB
    Both sound awesome!

I chose Marshal though :thumbsup:

5. Sep 13, 2010 at 9:50 PM
    Mr. Brown

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    Suspensiopn: Donahoe coil overs, Donahoe rear reservoir shocks, Light Racing UCA's, Wheelers AAL's, Exterior: Powder-coated black billet grill, Hella Black Magic fog lights, color matched rear bumper, color matched side mirrors, undercover tonneau cover, Interior: Alpine W203 w/ Blackbird II, Weathertech Floor-liners, blue gauge light mod, Performance: AFE Stage II Intake, Banks exhaust, single cat y-pipe, Dynomat hood-liner, NST Performance pulleys, URD MAF calibrator
    Thanks for the quick replies. I have a Poll up now.

6. Sep 13, 2010 at 10:23 PM
    tacoma92

tacoma92 Black Hole Sun

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    Gulf Shores, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 Toyota Tacoma
    def air marshal. u get to fly on airplanes, carry a weapon, and take down terrorists if tht situation ever comes up

7. Sep 13, 2010 at 10:35 PM
    everleet

everleet Well-Known Member

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5 TRD Off Road
    i just finished my 6th and final year of college with no job prospects whatsoever so the service doesn't sound like a bad plan, at least for the relative short term.

8. Sep 14, 2010 at 7:24 AM
    Toyotacrawler

Toyotacrawler She's got the jimmy legs

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Cusseta/Opelika AL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    5100's set to 1.75" Wheelers 3 leaf progressive AAL & 5100's for the rear Konig Countersteer Offroads K&N Drop in WeatherTech's Bed Mat Blacked out Badges Rear leaf TSB
    I'd say go for the FBI. But do what will make you and your family happy in the long run.

9. Sep 14, 2010 at 7:31 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    I say air marshal. FBI is a great career opportunity but very competitive. You can't bank on that 3 - 4 years from now. I would look into a college degree no matter what you decide. They can never hurt your situation.

10. Sep 14, 2010 at 7:32 AM
    Toyotacrawler

Toyotacrawler She's got the jimmy legs

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Cusseta/Opelika AL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    5100's set to 1.75" Wheelers 3 leaf progressive AAL & 5100's for the rear Konig Countersteer Offroads K&N Drop in WeatherTech's Bed Mat Blacked out Badges Rear leaf TSB
    Well said!!

11. Sep 14, 2010 at 10:56 AM
    Mr. Brown

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    I already have about 40 credits toward an engineering degree and the one thing I like about the Air Marshals is the ability to continue my education. It will just have to be an online school. If I go FAM(Federal Air Marshal) I probably will still try to get into the FBI at some point. It just might take me a little longer to accomplish the neccessary degree needed to apply.

12. Oct 19, 2010 at 10:38 AM
    JTaco386

JTaco386 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Fort Rucker, AL/ Home: Port Orange, FL
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    Both are great choices! I would get the degree and go from there. The FBI will not hire you without one. I have been looking at their websute at Special Agent Jobs and it requires a degree. Both are great choices with awsome benefits. Do what suits you best and something you can see yourself doing for a while. Good Luck!

To Top