1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What you need to know about lifting a 2016 Tacoma - Presented by Toytec Lifts

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016+)' started by Toytec Lifts, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Oct 3, 2018 at 3:48 PM
    DansSr5

DansSr5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Sr5 double cab silver 4x4
    P265/75/16 Destination AT stock wheels 12v socket bed pocket install diy Truck bed beer bottle opener No drill hidden/uv5r ham radio installed GoPro hero 5 session Center console organizer and top tray Front air dam delete Sidestep delete Add factory mudguards Recovery/equipment: Everything fits behind or under the seat Tool roll up bag Battery terminal cleaner Electrical grease for terminals Digital multimeter Alternator tester 4 gauge jumper cables Breaker bar with 19&21mm sockets Viair compressor Tire deflator Tire repair kit Tarp Hitch with d-ring Standard hitch 1 1/8 to 1 1/2 open ended hitch wrench Rope Ratcheting tie downs Tire gauge Cellphone charger wall/socket adaptors Gloves Recovery strap Crowbar Mighty might fishing pole Small tackle box First aid kit Michelin road atlas (4) 1 liter water bottles in rear doors 1 empty grey plastic ammo can (not sure what to put in it yet).
    https://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyo...1-rear-5160-lift-kit-2016-2017-toyota-tacoma/

This site shows 1.5 for the rear

Sotelofam805 likes this.
  2. Oct 3, 2018 at 4:00 PM
    DansSr5

Member:
    Vehicle:
    P265/75/16 Destination AT stock wheels 12v socket bed pocket install diy Truck bed beer bottle opener No drill hidden/uv5r ham radio installed GoPro hero 5 session Center console organizer and top tray Front air dam delete Sidestep delete Add factory mudguards Recovery/equipment: Everything fits behind or under the seat Tool roll up bag Battery terminal cleaner Electrical grease for terminals Digital multimeter Alternator tester 4 gauge jumper cables Breaker bar with 19&21mm sockets Viair compressor Tire deflator Tire repair kit Tarp Hitch with d-ring Standard hitch 1 1/8 to 1 1/2 open ended hitch wrench Rope Ratcheting tie downs Tire gauge Cellphone charger wall/socket adaptors Gloves Recovery strap Crowbar Mighty might fishing pole Small tackle box First aid kit Michelin road atlas (4) 1 liter water bottles in rear doors 1 empty grey plastic ammo can (not sure what to put in it yet).
    FYI keeping stock rake at 1"

Stock rake is actually about 1.5"

I lifted my truck 1.5" in the front and 1" in the rear. Measurements are exactly 1" rake higher in the rear. (I'm running 265/75/16 and my truck would look goofy going any higher with that tire size.) Going 2" in the front and 1.5" in the rear will still get you that 1"

I did not want to chance having to buy control arms as some who went 2" in the front have weird wandering issues or the needle bearing noise issue.

I'm happy to report i have non of those issues. Smart to have a little bit of rake. If i park on a slight incline my truck looks like it has major bro-lean....would probably be worse if perfectly level.

You might want to go with a top plate lean spacer so that you will get full and equal compression on both front struts.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/posts/18084754/

Here are some before and after pics.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  3. Oct 3, 2018 at 9:50 PM
    VMVIWI

VMVIWI 2018 TRD Off-Road Cement Grey

Member:
    First Name:
    Tawaitai
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    ***Taking delivery 10/10/18*** 2018 Tacoma TRD Off-Road, Cement Grey.
    BILSTEIN 6112/5160, TRD Pro-Grill, TRD PRO Tacoma Wheels (Replica) 17x8, LED light-upgrade headlight, tail-light & interior. Black-out emblems, Black tail-gate raised letters, TRD shift-knob. ***I absolutely hate hub-caps***

4. Oct 3, 2018 at 10:19 PM
    DansSr5

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I have an sr5

For me I found it easier to just measure from the ground (flat surface) to the bottom of the fender. That’s how I got my measurements.

They were consistent stock, after new tires, and after lift.

I measured with the parking brake off. You don’t know if a 400lb guy drove it last and used the parking brake before he got out ;). It can skew the results. And in my experience if I put the parking brake on and then step out of the vehicle it gives a false Tacoma lean.

This false lean if you measure only on the drivers side will look like it only has 1” of rake stock.

I have zero lean from the factory.

Hope this helps.

Take new measurements when you get it home.

Take the measurements you took before and also from the ground (do both). then figure out what you are going to do next.

5. Oct 16, 2018 at 6:30 AM
    bsacamano

bsacamano Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma Sport DCLB V6 4x4
    This thread is great but it's so long at this point. It would be nice to have the options and things to consider for a 1" lift, a 2" lift, 3", 4", 5", and 6"

6. Oct 18, 2018 at 7:34 PM
    androofoo

androofoo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Off-Road Cement
    Thank you for this guide

ScottyR likes this.
  7. Oct 31, 2018 at 3:34 AM
    Overlandthere

Overlandthere Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    MN
    Vehicle:
    17TacoTrdOffRoad white-ish
    Westin hdx drop steps, RCI bed rack w/smittybuilt 2person tent. 3inch RC lift 265/65r18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on mo978’s. 12 inch powered Rockford sub. Rockford door speakers and suburu kicker tweeters (1 blew after hooking door speakers to alpine 45x4 amp).
    Me thinks they spend a lot of time measuring alternative “fact”ors. For the Funyun of it!

Products Discussed in

To Top