1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Whats a reasonable estimate to fix this in your opinion

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by pgfaulkner, May 6, 2009.

1. May 6, 2009 at 10:55 PM
    pgfaulkner

pgfaulkner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Middleburg fl
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma sport access cab, Metallic black
    ON my way to work today, i was involved in a fender bender. Upon looking at the initial damage i didnt think i was that bad off, but i think i was wrong. Upon further review of my rear end the bumper is bent in and down to the left, and the bed is possibly out of wack. My question to you guys is how much do you think it will cost to fix. I wont have to pay for it seeing as i was stopped and a car 2 cars back hit the car behind me and then they hit me. Im just worried that my 05 tacoma will never be right again. Lastly what will they do to fix the bed if it is out of wack.

Thanks,

P.S. I hate people who dont know how to drive now:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

2. May 6, 2009 at 10:59 PM
    genxer36

genxer36 Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    Welcome to TW! Sorry for your issue. But Pictures are going to get this answered better than just words.

3. May 6, 2009 at 11:28 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    You have insurance right?

Use it!

4. May 7, 2009 at 5:51 AM
    Veccster

Veccster bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC V6 TRDsport
    5100's all around - fronts at 1.75", 265/70/17 Bridgestone Revo 2, HID headlights and fog lights, factory skid plate, ss exhaust tip, tube steps, Access roll-up tonneau cover, Redline hood struts, 6 D-rings, seat MagLite, LED dome, fumoto oil drain, DTRL, fog light anytime, Kenwood/Clarion speakers, Pop-N-Lock 5300, LED bed lights and a few other things...
    It sucks but they should fix you right up and free of charge. You should also be entitled to a rental/loaner while you wait - depends on the insurance company, but you can fight for it if you care enough.

Just an FYI, most beds are slightly out of whack from the factory. See these threads:
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/33446-truck-bed-not-aligned.html
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...ed-mounted-crooked.html?highlight=bed+crooked
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st-gen-tacomas/12284-why-my-bed-offset.html?highlight=bed+crooked
    Mine is offset as well.

Your bed may be worse than the factory offset. If so, mention it to the shop and have them straighten it out. Hell, mention it anyway and have them straighten it out.

If you own your vehicle (no loans), the insurance company will write the check in your name and you fix it where you want. You will still have to get it appraised by a certified shop. If you don't own it, you will have to tell the shop where you want to get it fixed and they will pay the shop directly.

Shouldn't cost you anything.

5. May 7, 2009 at 9:39 AM
    pgfaulkner

pgfaulkner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Middleburg fl
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma sport access cab, Metallic black
    In addition, I have two small dents in my tailgate now from this wreck. Do you think i can insist on a new tailgate or will they just pop them out and repaint. Also im not to fond of painting stuff, how well will the new paint match the original. Lastly, should i use a local toyota dealership or just a reliable body shop in your guys (and gals) opinions

Thanks again

6. May 7, 2009 at 9:59 AM
    PeteK

PeteK Well-Known Member

Member:
    Brockton, MA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Cement Truck
    I got backed into a week after having my truck. They replaced the front fender and flare, and had to do a little bit of painting on the drivers door where it was rubbing, and painted it all and blended. Just that was over $1,600.

I went to what appeared to be a decent local body shop. Nice building, clean, well taken care of (I's dotted and T's crossed). They did a good job. Can't tell where the original paint ended and the new paint begins. New paint looks exactly like the old (Magnetic Grey Metallic).

Only thing is there is now a weird creak sound from the bottom of the drivers door. They have to remove the door panels to paint. Happened right after getting it done, so need to bring it back to fix that sound. Hope there isn't a blame game between the body shop stating it's not their problem, then go to the dealer and see it was painted and say it is not their problem. So all at one place will be good for stuff like that.

Rambling rambling rambling......

I did choose my body shop since they were listed in bold on the list of repair shops through Travelers. So they do frequent business and must be approved by the insurance, so they had to be decent.

7. May 7, 2009 at 12:05 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    The cost on mine was $8500. I haven't had any problems since the repair. I took mine to the dealer to get it fixed. I think dealers aren't as likely to bend metal back into shape. I could tell it was going to be serious when I looked at the leaf spring. It was pushed forward. They ended up having to replace the whole rear axle.

To Top