1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What's changed for you

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by OU812, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Sep 8, 2008 at 3:52 PM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    I have changed my driving habits a lot! my last car was a 2.0L 4 cylinder small sports car, and now i have the 4.0L auto, at first i noticed the change in mpgs coming from a small car so i had to adjust the lead on my foot, im glad to say that now i dont speed that much, i accelerate slower when on a complete stop, and i have increased my mileage a lot im getting almost 17mpgs on combined hwy and city (also we have a lot of speed bumps and traffic lights) also my girlfriend says i drive more responsible so thats always a plus.

2. Sep 8, 2008 at 4:10 PM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    My wife hasn't been going to school for the last few months, and decided we'd save more money with her staying home with the kids instead of working. We figured any fast food/retail job she could possibly get in the area would barely bring home any money after taxes, gas, and day care. So she watches one couple's 2yr old for $100 or so/week under the table leaving the car for me to take to work. Before that, I was driving the truck everyday since I put the least miles on. Before that I drove the truck every day (put over 40k on in a year and a half) since I used the truck for work, had to deal with deep snow, mud and hauling equipment in the back. Hell, some of the city roads around here damn near require 4wd and off road suspension! :laugh:

Once the snow flies again it's back to the truck since the plow crews are never where and when they should be. :rolleyes: In the mean time 40mpg with car saves some money.

3. Sep 8, 2008 at 4:21 PM
    106Tacoma

106Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 06 Black Sand Pearl 4x4 Every option.
    Drive my truck everywhere offroad and on.

4. Sep 8, 2008 at 4:38 PM
    Caddmannq

Caddmannq MotoNerd

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner TRD Sport DC LB
    Undercover toneau
    You know, if I lived where some of you guys live, I wouldn't ride a bike either. Out here it's a bit more survivable. At least after 35 years I've never been in a serious accident.

5. Sep 8, 2008 at 4:41 PM
    joedirt

joedirt Hallow

Member:
    Ploeśti
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    I drove my truck to my dad's house, collected a nice fat check and then splurged on the Subaru Forester! :laugh::laugh::laugh: :(

6. Sep 8, 2008 at 4:50 PM
    TengoTaco

TengoTaco Newb

Member:
    La Quinta, CA
    Vehicle:
    2020 OR 4x4 Manual
    8112, SPC, Elka 2.0 rear and Icon AAL. About 1.5”
    I bought a motorcycle. When gas was at its peak i bought an R6. I get 19 mpg with my truck and 45 mpg on my bike. I think its the best mod. to improve gas mileage. :D

7. Sep 8, 2008 at 5:02 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    Daily driver. Also have a Scion tC for the wife. Fun car. Girly, but fun.

At 10.4 seconds to 60mph, your definition of "zip" must be a lot different than mine. I have nothing against the Pious but you must think your Tacoma is like driving a Ferrari.

8. Sep 8, 2008 at 8:06 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Well if my car ran I would driver her as much as possibe, I mean is it really a choice 4x4 tacoma with 4.0 litre, ac, power everything, a radio. Or a 72 chevelle with a 7.4 litre and none of the previously mentioned comforts. I'll take the muscle car.

9. Sep 8, 2008 at 8:10 PM
    JJ Customs

JJ Customs Supreme Leader!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    NV
    Vehicle:
    Silverado Crew Cab Z71, 5.3 made from real Tornado's!
    A few additions to make me feel cool.
    I drive my Taco until I run out of gas then I start driving my wife's 4Runner then when I hear "honey I had to use your truck today" I go buy gas and start all over.

10. Sep 9, 2008 at 9:12 AM
    HardCase

HardCase Winter is coming.

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Kalispell, Montana
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma (Inferno) TRDOR 4x4 DCLB
    Yeah, my definition of zip is probably pretty tame by the standards of many. I don't consider the Prius a sports car by any means, but it has plenty of accelleration for typical driving situations, passing, freeway entrance-ramps, etc. My Taco, meanwhile, is a 4cyl. so not exactly Ferrari-like although I've never tried timing it to 60, but, again, plenty for most scenarios. The old Honda Prelude is, OTOH, pretty peppy, 7 seconds to 60.

11. Sep 9, 2008 at 9:19 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    I'm driving my truck more than ever now. I commute roundtrip 65 miles.

Products Discussed in

To Top