1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Whats the better Exhuast System?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by SirCharles.777, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Aug 8, 2008 at 6:53 PM

cajun1_us Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Ponchatoula, la
    2007 TRD 4x4
    painted bumper, grile, handles, mirrors, added sport hood, tinted windows, smoked headlamps and taillamps.
    had a mgnaflo installed today w/ duel pipes turned out behind each rear mudgaurd, used Trd tips on both. Looks great and sounds awsome. Wanted to put an x pipe with double mufflers an pipes, bit could not do it without voiding warrenty. After warrenty is over I will add.I was actually supeised that I did feel a little differance in power At mid range, not slot but some. No differance on take off or top end. I really did not expect any increase. I do like that it is a little quieter but deeper sounding that the flowmaster 40 ( this is compared to my dads toy truck)
  2. Aug 10, 2008 at 10:54 PM

JesseJames Active Member

Aug 6, 2008
    08 Tacoma TRD
    6" Pro Comp Stage II Lift, 35" Mud Grapplers, TRD CAI, Banks Monster Exhaust...
    Did you see any significant performance increases with the Dynomax Ultra Flo? I'm installing a Banks Monster Exhaust and I was thinking about installing this muffler in place of the Banks. Do you think it would make much of a performance difference between the muffler the Banks exhaust comes with or the Dynomax? Thanks...
  3. Aug 11, 2008 at 5:28 AM

Brunes abides. Staff Member

May 31, 2008
    First Name:
    Big Easy, USA
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit Upcoming: ATO Gas Tank Skid and Sliders w/ kickout. ATO Shackle Flip Kit. Down the line: Front/Rear ARB Lockers w/ OBA. 4.56 Gears
    If you are installing a full kit or cat back from Banks- You are prolly better off keeping the same muffler in there.
    If you've got access to a dyno-try it out with both mufflers and let us know what you find!!
  4. Aug 11, 2008 at 5:56 AM

klown Tacoma World Ring Leader

Dec 5, 2007
    Lynchburg, VA
    2008 TRD sport 4x4 double cab 6-speed
    Black, leather and heated seats, borla sport exhaust, side curtain airbags, daytime running lights, all weather mats, JBL premium 6 disk changer system, stainless step tubes, window tint, tow package
    I listened to them all, I like the Borla the best. So that's what I got.
To Top