1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What's the most back-handed compliment you've ever gotten?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Charli, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Jun 3, 2008 at 9:21 PM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    I get it too-6'1'', 250lbs...but dont forget muscle weighs more than fat and we ALL eat too much salt which causes water retention.

2. Jun 3, 2008 at 9:24 PM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    Is there a cheeseburger at the top of said steps? Desire will cause people to do anything.

I'm only 5'10", but can bench my own weight, and squat double. So I think I'm fine.

3. Jun 3, 2008 at 9:32 PM
    Ridgerunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    My language-havent benched in yrs but I put 400 up 3 times in high school but now I SWEAR by pushups. I still knock out 50 then stop then 3 sets of 20. My thing, anybody who works THESE muscles dont f**k with em theyll shred you:D

4. Jun 3, 2008 at 9:37 PM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    well i wasn't a very popular in high school days, i have always looked younger than my age, i think when i was 14 i looked like 10, when i was 20 i looked 15.... that didn't made me very popular with chicks my age....but... sometimes 9th grade girls would grab me like i was lil baby and kiss me and stuff... so that wasn't so bad....

5. Jun 3, 2008 at 9:42 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    That got me winded just reading that! LOL In high school I could barley lift 100#'s. It wasnt until I was in my 20's that I finally started filling in. I only weighed 120 lbs. in H.S. :eek:

6. Jun 3, 2008 at 9:51 PM
    Ridgerunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    .I started working in my Dad's meat market when I was 11. I was a junior Alexiev man!!:D I just loved the idea of being strong. Then in high school there was an actual weightlifting class so I took it and trained w/a mad CRAZY dude who was all about weightlifting. At the end of the school year he and I lifted the most weight of anyone but HE put that shit up 8 times! Max on the nautilus machine though but still more than most could do.

7. Jun 3, 2008 at 10:01 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    See, I was a runt. I tried all the sports, and after I got out of high school, I started lifting, then working out HARD. I gained 60 lbs. in one year. I peaked at 192 ( Im 6'). Never really got "BIG". After my last accident (fell off of a sundeck in the Bahamas breaking 2 ribs, tore the catalige off of my rib cage, tore ligaments in my back, concusion, and more stitches in the head), I havent been hitting the gym. I have gotten a bit "soft". :)

8. Jun 3, 2008 at 10:10 PM
    Ridgerunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    DAAAAAAAM CHRIS you be like Burt Reynolds in "Hooper" all busted up!!!:eek:

9. Jun 3, 2008 at 10:14 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I was butt ugly as a kid... :anonymous: STILL AM!! :p:p:p

This is somewhat of an indirect compliment - I think......:confused:

I never had any serious boyfriends and rarely any dates. All of my friends were busy with dates while I stayed at home. :( So - you go through a rather depressing stage in life wondering "WTF is wrong with me?". Then you grow up and learn there are better things in life than to worry about BOYS/MEN. :D

Well..... in college, us girls always had our *SCOPE*.
    A SCOPE is a guy on campus whom you find extremely attractive. Every day, the girls would get together and say ..."Hey, I saw my scope today!! He was looking soooo fine. But - he didn't even notice me."
    You get the point.

Well...I had a Scope. Dark hair, mustache...in my graphic arts class. Mmm..he was sooo cute!!!! I think I watched him for a good couple years. He wasn't your typical arrogant college guy... my scope was shy and had a secretive NICE-NESS about him. Mmmm Mmmm Mmm....

Well...... God answered my prayers - that one day, I've have the LOVE OF MY LIFE.

I've been married to my SCOPE from college for 12 of the most wonderful years of my life!!

10. Jun 3, 2008 at 10:15 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    You dont evern know, my friend. My poor wife has many stories to tell. Her favorite is she was walking out side and saw my legs sticking out of the shed. I dont remember, but she came out to me and tried to wake me up. Evidently I told her I was fine and to just let me rest. I cant remember what actually happened, but it put me in the hospital. :)

11. Jun 3, 2008 at 10:28 PM
    Ridgerunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    JANSTER! HI!!!! THIS is the latest Ive seen you here! Nice to see ya here:)

12. Jun 3, 2008 at 11:44 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    Nice to see YOU too! Us crazy late folks......
    2nd shift - I can never get to sleep when I get home.
    Funny - just now noticed my time zone was wrong in my usercp. Duh...:rolleyes:
    Good Night!

13. Jun 4, 2008 at 5:00 AM
    Charli

Charli [OP] Stealer of Souls

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck?
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '06 Black Sand 4X4 SR5 TRD Sport V6 Access Ca
    Towing pkg with Mossberg hitch cover, Toyota tube steps, 3" Toytec lift and TSB, 1" diff drop, Tacoma World sticker, sockmonkey decals
    That Rocks Janster! I've got this big goofy grin on my face--that story is just too cool!

14. Jun 4, 2008 at 5:13 AM
    Charli

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck?
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    Towing pkg with Mossberg hitch cover, Toyota tube steps, 3" Toytec lift and TSB, 1" diff drop, Tacoma World sticker, sockmonkey decals
    We definately all sound like high school and grade school sucked for us that's for sure. I wonder if we appreciate things more than all the popular, "hot" people do now that they are older.... I went to my 10 year reunion in '98 mainly to show off my hot husband to all of those people who wouldn't give me the time of day (yeah, I have my shallow moments, and he didn't mind :) ) and no one had changed much from their high school mentality. This year is the 20 year and Hubby is still hot, but frankly, I just don't give a damn about these ppl.

The BMI thing is a crock--Hubby is listed as obese too, but I've seen him at their "recommended" weight for him after surgery a few years back, and he looked like death warmed over--gaunt and weak. I think just his bones must weigh the "recommended" amount!

15. Jun 4, 2008 at 5:54 AM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    When My 10 year came arround, I got this phone call from my Parents. They asked if I was OK. I said that I was just fine, and why the weird call. They received a letter from the reunion commitee saying that they were sorry to hear about my untimely death. :eek: Idiots. I just let them think I was dead, now if I run into someone from high skrewel, they are shocked! My next reunion my wife suggested that we go and I were a sheet. :D

16. Jun 4, 2008 at 5:54 AM
    squad314

squad314 Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    Just yesterday four of us were lifting a piece of equipment to the top of a truck at work.....A guy that is only working with our crew for a couple of days joked that perhaps Kip should be in the middle instead of me....Knowing exactly what he meant I asked why and he said because I'm so short.I asked how tall he thought I was and he said 5-8 or so.Kip and I stood back to back and showed him we're the exact same height..5-10.His back-handed compliment was "Huh...I didn't think you were that tall".Often I'm confused for being shorter than I am for two reasons......I've got a very thick set of shoulders and chest and my wife is 6 feet even.(Beautiful too If I do say so myself.:D)

PS....I'm 5-10,215....another obese one according to BMI.

17. Jun 4, 2008 at 6:24 AM
    Charli

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck?
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    Aack! All this talk of high school made me go look up the website for the 20 year reunion, and I found pictures of me on there from the 10 year reunion! Ack! I also found it humorous to see pictures of poeple who never would have spoken in high school with their arms around each other at the 10 year... how things change...

chris4X4--awesome idea--bring a video camera to record those "holy crap" moments....

squad314--you are the exact same size as my husband, height and weight!

18. Jun 4, 2008 at 7:01 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    Obese? Gimme a break.... my husband is 5'10' and he weighs about 160 (I think) - he's a STICK figure (with a really cute butt :D)

This thread reminds me of another time, not long ago. I dunno if it was a compliment or an insult. I was driving my Dodge Ram 1500 to the liquor store a couple years ago. This big hairy old (laugh) contruction dude says to me, "That's an awefully big truck for such a little girl"

I said "Thankyou" and smiled - although I'm still confused as to what that was supposed to mean. I'm far from little..... but whatever. :rolleyes: That is one memory I wish would escape from my brain.

19. Jun 4, 2008 at 7:05 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    Oh yeah, well I'm 5'12" and 260 lb. Beat that.

20. Jun 4, 2008 at 7:51 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    When i was in high school i was riding with this chick. she looks over at me, studies me for a few seconds, then looks back to the road. after a few more seconds she goes "you know, you could be really hot with the right accessories". What the hell does that mean? my purse was the wrong color?

and the BMI is total BS. i'm suppose to be 175 lbs, but at that weight i look like a holocoust victim. i look really good at 200 but when i'm 200 the bmi says i'm overweight or obese.

Products Discussed in

To Top