1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What's Your Dream Vehicle/Why Did You Buy Your Truck?

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by Plannerman99, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Jan 22, 2010 at 5:24 PM
    Plannerman99

Plannerman99 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    Our Adventure Vehicle
    This question comes from an ex-psychology major girlfriend who was practicing her black mojo on me. Basically, she used my answer to distill out parts of my personality.

I picked my Tacoma because it represents unbridled freedom to me. As a super capable vehicle, I can go almost anywhere and haul/tow/transport to my needs.

Plus it's bad ass.

So here's the question for everyone else.

2. Jan 22, 2010 at 5:31 PM
    Justin723

Justin723 Dont judge me

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Phoenix AZ
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma TRD
    Performance- bored .20 over, Doug Thorely Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, and K&N cold air intake. Exterior- Trail Gear Solid Axle Swap, ARB compressor, high pinion 4.88 with ARB locker, 4.88 TRD Locker in the rear. Interior- 2 10inch JL W1 subs, Alpine MRX-V70 amp, Alpine type R SPR 17C 6x6 speaker in the back, Focal 165 VR with crossover tweeter up front, and Weather Tech floor mats.
    Dont put that vodo on me

3. Jan 22, 2010 at 5:45 PM
    Plannerman99

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    Our Adventure Vehicle
    Shits and giggles. Curiosity. Killing time. Procrastinating. Voodoo.

Take your pick.

4. Jan 22, 2010 at 5:54 PM
    Beau02

Beau02 Black Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Beau
    Indianapolis, IN
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 Limited TRD V6 Auto (234k+, 1-owner)
    Lots of small stuff; Grillcraft MX, Bilstein 5100's, Deck Plate Mod w/ AFE air filter, Airaid MIT, braided SS brake lines, Redline Tuning QuickLIFT hood struts, Extang Full-Tilt tonneau cover, fog light mod, gray wire mod, power outlets on-demand, Diff breather ext, additional contours to passenger side from oak tree.
    No bizarre psychological, philosophical, subliminal, or meaningful reasons. I just always loved Tacomas because they're awesome trucks - the full package of form and function. So, as soon as I could afford a new one (which really I couldn't as I was only 3 months out of college) I bought one. Been almost 8 years and over 138k miles and I haven't looked back or regretted it for one second.

But don't tell your girlfriend my trade-in was a purple Dodge Neon...

5. Jan 22, 2010 at 5:59 PM
    Justin723

Justin723 Dont judge me

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Phoenix AZ
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma TRD
    Performance- bored .20 over, Doug Thorely Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, and K&N cold air intake. Exterior- Trail Gear Solid Axle Swap, ARB compressor, high pinion 4.88 with ARB locker, 4.88 TRD Locker in the rear. Interior- 2 10inch JL W1 subs, Alpine MRX-V70 amp, Alpine type R SPR 17C 6x6 speaker in the back, Focal 165 VR with crossover tweeter up front, and Weather Tech floor mats.
    This definetly falls under that catogory of Vodo

6. Jan 22, 2010 at 6:00 PM
    PatHLC128

PatHLC128 College.

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 AC
    OME complete 3" kit, 265/75/16 Cooper STTs, Pro Comp 7089 wheels, Shrockworks sliders, UWS Low Pro Toolbox, AFE Pro-Dry S, OEM Bedmat, Ventvisors, Husky Liners, Tint, De-badged
    i had to make up for my small penis.

7. Jan 22, 2010 at 6:00 PM
    PatHLC128

PatHLC128 College.

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 AC
    OME complete 3" kit, 265/75/16 Cooper STTs, Pro Comp 7089 wheels, Shrockworks sliders, UWS Low Pro Toolbox, AFE Pro-Dry S, OEM Bedmat, Ventvisors, Husky Liners, Tint, De-badged
    ^ 1,000th post. WOOHOO!

8. Jan 22, 2010 at 6:02 PM
    Plannerman99

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    Our Adventure Vehicle
    I have a feeling this post could get very entertaining real quick like.

9. Jan 23, 2010 at 7:38 AM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    Dream vehicle? As in anything ever made? For a car it would have to be a '57 Corvette. For a truck a '53 Chevy pickup. Yes, I'm a closet (classic) Chevy lover...don't hate me.

Why a Tacoma? My truck is the 3rd Toy that I've driven (1st to own) so I knew what they could do. When I was shopping for a truck I only looked at Toys - nothing else. I knew that I wanted a do anything, go anywhere, lasts forever truck. Toys are the only thing that fit that description.

So what does all of this say about me?

10. Jan 26, 2010 at 7:04 PM
    Gunny

Gunny Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 TRD Sport
    TRD Induction Sys, TRD pipes. Side bars, roof rack
    Hell, that says a lot about you. I am also a Chevy lover, and I have had may fair share of just about every truck they make except the small ones. Then it hit me when taking a college class when we were discussing something or another. Why did Chevy have to start building
    "Adolescents" in
    to their vehicles? Sensors always going bad at 300.00 a pop, shit falling off and the likes. Heck, I recently had a 2008 GMC 4X4 Z71 loaded to the hilt and it was so noisy I could barely talk on the phone. That's when I said the hell with it I'm getting a Toyota and almost got the Tundra but I changed my mind at the last minute due to the tail gate.
    I kinda wish that I would have gotten the "FJ" for the gas, but I'll pick one up for fun later on. Shoot I still haven't put a pick of my truck on here yet. I'll get one this weekend one way or another.......Laters

11. Jan 26, 2010 at 7:08 PM
    blackwatertaco

blackwatertaco If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Alvin/Pasadena, Tx
    Vehicle:
    08 taco, 4x4 2.7 5spd.
    One fucked up diff. breather mod, 265/75/16 Destiny Dakota M/T Black gulf states rims BHLM Magnaflow 14" muffler with cut off tail pipe. 10" pioneer slim truck sub with JBL 600W amp. PROJECT BLACK OUT
    I picked my taco because I wanted to try out a gas powered truck. I've driven Powerstrokes since I was 16. Also I allways had a soft spot for Toyota truck. The Taco and the Tundra, Which I both love also the FJ. Toyotas cars suck IMHO.

I bought my Taco due to I wanted a everyday driver that can hit the trails on the weekends...So far the Taco is the best truck Ive ever owned.

12. Jan 26, 2010 at 7:11 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    um i needed to have a truck to put the dirtbikes in, and why not one that can get a CARB legal supercharger, along with a 6 inch lift.

plus

Products Discussed in

To Top