1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

wheel alighnment and rubbing?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MikeyD, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Dec 21, 2009 at 7:30 PM
    MikeyD

MikeyD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Sayreville NJ
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota tacoma 4x4
    BHLM, HID kit, yellow fogs, Grill craft, Hellas behind grillcraft, LED cup holder mod, after market horn, extra reverse lights, under body glow for off roading at night, pro comp 7089's wrapped in 255/75/17 bfg mud terrains, Toytec coiovers sat at 3.25, 2" add a leaf with 5100's, Satoshi grill mod
    So the other day when it snowed i was messing around in the snow with my truck. I was in a development that is still in the process of being built and the roads were not plowed. Since there was so much powder i really couldnt see where the curbs were and i hit one of them pretty hard. I ended up taking a nice chunk out of my pro comp 7089s. I really wasnt to worried about that because im just going to touch it up. The other problem is my wheel alighnment is now off (not a big deal because im throwing in some toytech coilovers and need a alighnment anyway). But right after my wheel alighnment went off i noticed i have some rubbing that i never had before (I have 255/75/17 bfg mud terrains). Is this new rubbing from the wheel alighnment being off? Has anyone ever had this problem before?

Thanks Mike

2. Dec 22, 2009 at 5:17 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    It could totally be the alignment. The wheel moves around in the wheel well so if you changed the caster and slid the wheel forward or back in the well it might be hitting the cab mount or some of the plastic in under the fender.

3. Dec 22, 2009 at 5:54 AM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    well,if u didnt have it before u hit the curb really hard,ide say maybe u bent something or just really knocked it out of wack more.

4. Dec 22, 2009 at 6:00 AM
    MikeyD

MikeyD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Sayreville NJ
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota tacoma 4x4
    BHLM, HID kit, yellow fogs, Grill craft, Hellas behind grillcraft, LED cup holder mod, after market horn, extra reverse lights, under body glow for off roading at night, pro comp 7089's wrapped in 255/75/17 bfg mud terrains, Toytec coiovers sat at 3.25, 2" add a leaf with 5100's, Satoshi grill mod
    Alright thanks guys.

To Top