1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel and Tire for Access Cab 4x2

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by pdxer, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Apr 16, 2009 at 9:53 PM
    pdxer

pdxer [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hi guys,
    I have a 2009 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4x2. The stock wheels are small and ugly. I want to get something little bigger, not necessarily fancy. I went to Les Schwab today and they showed me 17" wheel and said the price would be $1046 for 4 wheels, tires and installation. This is my first time owning a Tacoma. I would appreciate if somebody advice whether what I am about to do is a good idea or not. Will it affect the performance of my truck. What would be a good size? Thanks in advance.

2. Apr 16, 2009 at 10:00 PM
    kungfupanda

kungfupanda Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal, Cerritos
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x2 Taco TRD SPORT
    HID - Low, LED interior lights, LED license plate light, HID Yellow fog lights, Access Limited Roll Cover, Hitch/Tow Package, Ceramic Tint, Wet Okole's, Magnaflow Exhaust, DFab Bars, Bully Bar Back, HID Yellow Fog Lights
    What are you looking for, street look or off road look? Go to pro comp wheels xtreme alloys, they have lots on sale on 4 wheel parts wherehouse website. Good Luck, I got the 5806, looks sick. Nice lip and matches perfectly with my Silver 4x2. I put 18's on mine since I have a four banger and there is not enough power to raise it and put 31's on it - in my opinion.

3. Apr 16, 2009 at 10:02 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    I guess that's not a bad price. Just depends on what you want to do with your truck in the future. Most guys on here either have a lift or are thinking about getting a lift. If you are thinking about lifting it, I would hold off on your wheel/tire setup. If you want to stay stock height and you are positive about it, just go with what you think will look good but try not to go to much bigger then your stock tires or you might have some rubbing issues.

4. Apr 16, 2009 at 10:38 PM
    pdxer

pdxer [OP] New Member

Member:
    Thanks guys. I just looked at the size of tire and it says P215/70R15. Looks ugly on a big truck. I want to jack it up a little bit and make it look more like PreRunner with equal size wheel and tire. Is this a good idea? Also how much would lifting cost?

Products Discussed in

To Top