1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel compatibility T100 to Tacoma?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by wholesaler57, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Jan 6, 2011 at 6:48 AM
    wholesaler57

wholesaler57 [OP] Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    prerunner SR5
    I am looking at a set of stock aluminum 16x7 wheels off of a 1998 T100 4x4 and I want to put them on my 2002 Tacoma 4 door SR5 Prerunner 2wd. I have the stock 16x7 steel wheels on my Tacoma now. Does anyone know any reason why they wouldn't fit. The wheels will come with the factory shouldered lugnuts so I won't have to worrry about finding those. Both wheels are the six hole design. Any info would be appreciated.

2. Jan 6, 2011 at 7:10 AM
    KPT

KPT sees what you did there.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner
    Katskin leather interior, Satoshi grille, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, rear leaf TSB, magnaflow exhaust, 18x9 BBS RW's, 275/65/18 Nitto TG's, black headlights, black taillights, Hella Supertones, weathertechs, EFX tri-fold tonneau, n-Fab steps
    I don't see why they wouldn't work.

3. Jan 6, 2011 at 7:26 AM
    BAMFTACO

BAMFTACO Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice

Member:
    First Name:
    JUAN
    Malibu, CA
    Vehicle:
    Taco
    Lift- stock suspension with light racing uppers,tc coil bucket gusset, timbern bumps ,defined extended shackles with shackle brace. Armor- custom tube bumper, kr fab rear bumper,trail gear wiy 78 in sliders Performance-intake manifold spacer, vibrant resonator Random stuff- kenwood head unit,b&m t shifter, hood bug deflector.
    You have any pics of the rims curious how they look

4. Jan 6, 2011 at 8:00 AM
    Digiratus

Digiratus Adventurer

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    the Pacific Northwest, Exploring
    Vehicle:
    The RedHead
    King ET Coilovers Camburg Uniball UCAs Alcan 8-Leaf Rear Spring Packs Fox 2.0 Resi Rear Shocks FrankenFab Rear Shock Relocate Trail Gear U-bolt Flip Toytec 1" Extended Shackle 4.88 Nitro Gears ARB Front Locker OBA ARB Twin Comp 15x8 D Window Steelies 33" BFG KM2s Limited Edition Elite Front Bumper Smittybilt X2O 10K Winch PIAA 510 SMR Fog Lights Lightforce 170s Badland Sliders FrankenFab Tire Carrier Swingout bumper w/kitchen BudBuilt Front & Bellypan Skids BAMF Rear Diff Skid Whynter 65 qt. Fridge/Freezer CVT Mt Bachelor RTT Badland Custom Bed Rack GM 140 amp alternator Optima Yellow Top battery Magnaflow 18" Muffler Braided Steel Brake Lines K&N Drop-in air filter ScanGauge II OBDII Scanner Uniden 520xl CB radio 3’ Firestik Adjustable tip antenna Pioneer DEH-P9400BH HU Alpine Amps & Type R components (F) and coaxials (R) Wet Okole Seat Covers Weathertech Digital Liners Deck Plate Mod 1” Diff Drop Carrier Bearing Drop
    There may be a difference in the wheel offset but besides that they should be the same bolt pattern. Toyota alloy wheels have the offset number cast into the wheel so I would check to make sure.

The stock 16x7 alloys from your '02 will be +15mm offset. A higher offset number, say 30mm as in the 2nd gen stock alloys, will put the inside of the wheel closer to the suspension components.

15mm equates to approximately 9/16ths of an inch.

5. Jan 6, 2011 at 9:18 AM
    BAMFTACO

BAMFTACO Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice

Member:
    First Name:
    JUAN
    Malibu, CA
    Vehicle:
    Taco
    Lift- stock suspension with light racing uppers,tc coil bucket gusset, timbern bumps ,defined extended shackles with shackle brace. Armor- custom tube bumper, kr fab rear bumper,trail gear wiy 78 in sliders Performance-intake manifold spacer, vibrant resonator Random stuff- kenwood head unit,b&m t shifter, hood bug deflector.
    He could always get wheel spacers

6. Jan 6, 2011 at 12:14 PM
    wholesaler57

wholesaler57 [OP] Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    prerunner SR5
    The T100 rims say 16x7 JJ and then they have a 15 stamped beside that so I guess the offset matches up. I don't have a picture but they are the 5 spoke aluminum wheels. The man at the tire shop says they will work. I guess I'll go ahead and get them. Thanks for the help.

To Top