1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

wheel hop

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sicripp83, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Mar 16, 2011 at 5:20 PM
    sicripp83

sicripp83 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    wboro
    Vehicle:
    sic
    just a quick question, i have already mentioned that i get wheel hop or something like it while wheeling in snow(or when peeling out) and i was just woundering if the stiffer spring in the rear (which the tsb or aal would give me) would solve the little problem. sounds good but does anyone with a m/t and a tsb or aal have wheel hop ??

2. Mar 16, 2011 at 5:24 PM
    98_Mud_bug

98_Mud_bug 98_mud_bug

Member:
    lucedale Ms.
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma sr5/ 06 x-runner
    3 inch suspension lift, night shades corner and blinkers projector headlights with halos and 3 led's 18 inch kmc xd rockstar wheels,275/65/18 kelly safari tsr's, bush whacker fender flares 7 inch touch screen, 2 kenwood 12's, Magnaflow exaust single in dual out,
    I have a first gen but even with my aal i had wheel hop. it was not as bad but i still had it.

3. Mar 17, 2011 at 6:48 AM
    BlueT

BlueT Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorthEast
    Vehicle:
    07 Dbl Cab LB with LSD
    I moded 1999 Taco so much it had turned to Land Cruiser
    Yes, wheel hop is there even after TSB. There is less of it but still there. 2gens have very long springs and that is the main problem. The only good solution is traction bar. This way you are not making stiffer ride but less wheel hop
    :)

4. Mar 17, 2011 at 10:22 AM
    Drunknsloth

Drunknsloth Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Blacked-Out Badges; Retribution Decals (Sockmonkey); Tailgate Mod; Red LED Rear Blinkers; Yellow Foglights; Yellow Front Blinkers; Superwhite Xenon Corner Bulb; Leer Bedcap; Bedrug Bedmat; Black Cupholders; Black Plastic Piece Around Window Controls; Plasti-Dip Front Bumper Valence; Plasti-Dip Grill Surround; Blackout Chrome Back Bumper; Metal Miller Skid-Plate; Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler; TSB Rear Leaf Springs and Shocks; Satoshi Grill Pending; Off-Roading Torn off Mirror (Replaced); Blue-Sea Fuse Box; Tinted Tail Lights; URD Short Shifter; Interior Mood Lighting; Hood Lights; BedLights Pending
    My first thought was stiffer leaf springs, my second thought was better tires.

5. Mar 17, 2011 at 3:59 PM
    sicripp83

sicripp83 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    wboro
    Vehicle:
    sic
    good to know that traction bar is money i could use for a lift so i guess ill deal withit for now, spring is here anyway.

Products Discussed in

To Top