1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel hub/bearing and knuckle "seal"?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by clintonjeffries, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Aug 25, 2010 at 8:00 AM
    clintonjeffries

clintonjeffries [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clinton
    Wenatchee, WA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 SR5 super white
    6" stage 1 Procomp lift, 18" matte black XD Monsters, 33" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AMP Research Electric Steps, Grillcraft upper and lower grill, Paint matched tailgate handle, Black headlights w/ black corners & reflectors, 6k HID in heads and fogs, tint, RED badges, red brake calipers, black brake drums, flowmaster exhaust, black shorty antenna, remote start, iPod interface, Weathertech floormats front and rear
    Long story short, installing a 6 inch procomp lift. I'm to the point of putting everything back together... So the front knuckles are off, with the seal still in them but pretty much destroyed from getting the knuckles off. I've got the wheel hub/bearings separated from the knuckles as well, so those are set aside.

I'm pretty sure I need to get new seals to put in the new knuckles from procomp. Is this a part that my toyota dealer would have? I'll obviously make the phone call to ask them but I'm trying to get a better understanding of what to ask them for haha

Anyone know the official term for these seals? part number by chance? good site where I could figure out the part number?

Thanks!

2. Aug 25, 2010 at 8:05 AM
    LBtaco

LBtaco Thread killer

Member:
    Long Beach , CA
    Vehicle:
    15 Nissan Leaf
    Jetsons mod
    yeah get new seals, they are usually cheap enough to replace for piece of mind.

here

3. Aug 25, 2010 at 8:30 AM
    clintonjeffries

clintonjeffries [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clinton
    Wenatchee, WA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 SR5 super white
    6" stage 1 Procomp lift, 18" matte black XD Monsters, 33" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AMP Research Electric Steps, Grillcraft upper and lower grill, Paint matched tailgate handle, Black headlights w/ black corners & reflectors, 6k HID in heads and fogs, tint, RED badges, red brake calipers, black brake drums, flowmaster exhaust, black shorty antenna, remote start, iPod interface, Weathertech floormats front and rear
    Awesome thanks for that link, that's perfect!

Products Discussed in

To Top