1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel Lock help

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by Olliegator95, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Sep 9, 2021 at 10:12 AM
    Olliegator95

Olliegator95 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Vehicle:
    2021 Gray Tacoma TRD
    Factory lift kit and wheels
    Hey everyone! I recently purchased my new 2021 Tacoma TRD Off-Road from the dealership in March. It came with a set of Pro Comp Series 48 wheels and Nitto Ridge Grappler size LT 285/55R20 tires. I've recently taken it in to have it serviced for it's 5k and 10k mile maintenance where the tires need to be rotated, but each time they tell me that they don't have the proper wheel lock to take the wheels and tires off to rotate them. It's been about 2 months now and they say they still don't have it. It's really frustrating and I'm getting to the point where I should just buy it on my own so I have it when I'm wheeling. Does anyone know where to find a wheel lock for the wheels?

IMG_1956.jpg
    IMG_2314.jpg

2. Sep 9, 2021 at 10:27 AM
    CT Yankee

CT Yankee Well-Known Member

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OR AC AT MGM
    Only aesthetic mods so far Leer 180 cap & Clazzio covers on order.
    IMO, you should have been provided with the "key" before you even drove it off the lot. How the hell are to supposed to put on the spare if you're out on the road or trail?
    The dealer should also have a set of the various "keys" need for OEM wheel locks.
    If the dealer put on the Pro Comp Series 48 wheels, then they should have the necessary "key" AND should have provided it to you.
    If the truck was actually used (i.e. someone else installed the wheels), then I would question how "New" the truck really is.

3. Sep 9, 2021 at 10:33 AM
    ndmak

ndmak Well-Known Member

Member:
    you can take the center caps off of your wheel and see what lug nut key you need. then go on Amazon or search online. you could gamble with something like this https://www.amazon.com/Topec-Lockin...1631208691&sprefix=lug+nut+key,aps,243&sr=8-3 and see if one of them fit. i agree with above stating that the dealer should not have let you leave without providing a lug nut key. have you checked your console and glove compartment and under/behind the rear seats for the lug nut key?

4. Sep 9, 2021 at 10:47 AM
    Olliegator95

Olliegator95 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Vehicle:
    2021 Gray Tacoma TRD
    Factory lift kit and wheels
    I agree with you and questioned them about this, but they put the blame on me saying that I must've moved it. The truck was bought new from the dealership with other aftermarket items attached such as the wheels, TRD lift kit, TRD exhaust tip, and running boards. I've checked and haven't seen anything of the sort in glove compartment or under the rear seats. So yeah it's been pretty annoying.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021

Products Discussed in

To Top